Aston Villa Vs Arsenal | Premiership 27/11/10

Re: Aston Villa Vs Arsenal | Premiership 27/11/10

Postby starmandb » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Gunner Down Under wrote:What the hell. 2-0 up at half time, dominating the game, lose a goal on the 50th minute.

I may as well turn off and go to bed.

night night
don,t forget your teddy
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:36 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:honestly these are idiotic subs. We need to counter attack. Villa are all over us and he brings on more defensive players so that we go deeper and deeper in our own half.

Absoilutely brainless subs.

Did you actually see the Spurs game?
You know the most important game of the season...??

i agree with your reasoning inch for tightning up in the centre but our most important game of the season is always the 1 in front of us and i speak as someone who walks among spurs fans all the time so i know the significance of the derby
f**k tottenham the most annoying thing about last week is losing 3 pts
starmandb

Postby ProudGooner » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:02 pm

It was a fault born out of incredible lapses in the rest of the defence, he had 2-3 players to mark on his own, its all good saying "Well he should have closed him down because he could have gotten back"...

2-3 ?? was he marking angels??? There was only Young to mark and he was far away. The ball was in the air and clichy could have easily gone and closed clark down.

How will we know? What if he hadn't got back, would you have blamed him for closing down Clark and not Young? The natural option was to close down the much faster wide player.

If he went to close down Clark which 99.9% of defenders would have done in that situation no one would have blamed Clichy if Clark had slipped it through to Young and young had passed it to Carew.

PG2 i have no problem with players being blamed for their mistakes but the way you put your point across rubs people up the wrong way...A LOT.

Not interested in this personalised shit. If people have a problem with my opinion well I dont give a shit. You yourself chat a lot of nonsense I never make it personal so I expect the same from you.

You also seem to focus every fibre of your being damning Clichy for everything that goes wrong in defence when in actual fact it couldn't be further from the truth.

Do I focus on him? or does he just make a lot of mistakes? How many times you see on the right side someone goes past clichy and has a free run? Such as the one vs Denetsk? Clichy is a error prone LB. I merely highlight his mistakes because he is such a lovable person people dont give him a rough time. If it was Eboue, Fabianski, Almunia, Bendtner making the same mistakes everyone would be on their back.

The goal NEVER should have stood in the first place, if it hadn't stood would you have gone to as much effort to single him out? Doubtful...

Agree it shouldnt have stood. I would have still said the same. You will notice one thing about me, my criticism's or praise are not influenced by the outcome. A lot of people and especially fans are fickle. If you win then all is good. If you lose then everything is bad. Whether we win or lose Ill say as I see it.

He was solid today, cut out numerous dangerous balls and rampaged forward, could have done better for the first goal but was left in a bad situation by the rest of the defence, he took the wrong option, but he didn't make as big a mistake as you made out.

A mistake that results in a goal is not as big a mistake as I am making it out to be??? Yeah he rampaged forward he does that quite often but his crosses are pretty useless most of the time (apart from the one that setup the winner vs West Ham and the odd cross here and there). However I do not criticise him for his offensive play thats not his main role. His main role is to defend.

And he is still left incredibly exposed on his side, even when Arshavin plays a stormer, he NEVER helps Clichy out.

Is it any coincidence we have seen a drop in form from Clichy since we switched to a 4-3-3? I think not.

You might be noticing this dip in his form but he has been crap, in my eyes, for a long time. He always is prone to making blunders. But he is exteremly lucky guy because he doesnt get punished for most of his mistakes infact he gets away with them more often than not.

I
nstead of consistently berating him even for things he hasn't even done, why not get behind him and hope he regains his form? He is 25, not 35 and on form there isn't a better LB than him, there is a reason why he is one of the most sought after players at the club.

He has been in the first team for 4-5 years and still makes the same mistakes and I cannot see any improvement, infact he is getting worse. If I get behind him he will get better? When have I berated him for things he hasnt done? How much longer should we persevere with him? I would rather see Gibbs in the team since, to me, he looks like a much better prospect than Clichy. He is defensively solid, has less moments where he switches off compared to Clichy and also is better attacking wise. Once he gets a regular run in the team you will see his crosses are much better and he can even shoot on target.

Here's something for Wenger to ponder over. Gibbs has more talent than Clichy. At the moment Clichy is blocking the path of Gibbs in the firstteam. I think Wenger should get rid of Clichy because he really shouldnt Kill the career of Gibbs
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Trina » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:09 pm

ProudGooner wrote:
Trina wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:just saw the goal again. Young was on the edge of the box on the right. If clichy had closed down clark even if he managed to slip it in to young clichy would have still have had time to get back.

When every player makes a mistake (because they all do at some point) do you go into this much depth about them?

edit: oh and I havent seen it yet, so not agreeing or disagreeing, just making a point.

I do. Whats your point?

You don't, thats my point.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Trina » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:22 pm

Trina wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:
Trina wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:just saw the goal again. Young was on the edge of the box on the right. If clichy had closed down clark even if he managed to slip it in to young clichy would have still have had time to get back.

When every player makes a mistake (because they all do at some point) do you go into this much depth about them?

edit: oh and I havent seen it yet, so not agreeing or disagreeing, just making a point.

I do. Whats your point?

You don't, thats my point.

To add to that, just looked at all your posts and in the last 5 games we have played (couldnt be arsed looking further back) the only player you have slagged off is Clichy in nearly every one of them.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:34 pm

PG2, you will give a shit when you are banned again if your attitude doesn't change. You would do well to construct your arguments better, people might actually pay attention to them then.

As for me talking nonsense, thats nothing new, i can take solace in the fact however that i will never talk as much bollocks as you do my pedigree chum :)
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:45 pm

Just saw the goal again.

No fault by Clichy, he did the right thing by going back to cover Young, because if Clarke hadn't had the bottle to take the shot on his own, he would have put Young clean through on goal with an easy tap in.

Koscielny and Squillaci were both at fault, they should have been on top of him.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mg86 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:47 pm

Well, looks Arshavin is back to form. One of the things I think we have to have going for us to win the title. With RvP also literally matches away from starting again, this team could very well prosper from the Spurs kick in the ass and move to top of the league. I'm scared though that Man Utd might be returning to form.
Last edited by mg86 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ProudGooner » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:47 pm

Every single Aston Villa attack came from the right (our left).
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Forest » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:49 pm

ProudGooner wrote:Every single Aston Villa attack came from the right (our left).

Just stop and go to bed please.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:49 pm

ProudGooner wrote:Every single Aston Villa attack came from the right (our left).

And?

Thats because there is a massive space in front of Clichy for them to run down.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mg86 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Fabianski
Sagna Djourou Squillaci Gibbs
Song Wilshere
Nasri Arshavin Rosicky
RvP

Look at that midfield/attack considering these players on form. The flat out best midfield and attack in the league, bar no one. Imagine that with Cesc on form in the mix, its absurd.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Forest » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:57 pm

mg86 wrote:
Fabianski
Sagna Djourou Squillaci Gibbs
Song Wilshere
Nasri Arshavin Rosicky
RvP

Look at that midfield/attack considering these players on form. The flat out best midfield and attack in the league, bar no one. Imagine that with Cesc on form in the mix, its absurd.

But who would you drop? i think it worked quite well once got going.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ProudGooner » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:09 pm

GunnGunn wrote:

And?

Does the Perfect Clichy ever make any mistakes that can be blamed on him?

Everything seems to be someone else's fault.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Forest » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:12 pm

ProudGooner wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:

And?

Does the Perfect Clichy ever make any mistakes that can be blamed on him?

Everything seems to be someone else's fault.

BED!
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11