SC Braga Vs Arsenal | Champions League 23/11/10

Re: SC Braga Vs Arsenal | Champions League 23/11/10

Postby Guinness » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:03 pm

ChVint22 wrote:I would be happy to be at the bottom of the fair play league every season.

Me too, I think that's what we lack that thuggish edge, however if we were I would be embarassed if my manager was complaining about tackles etc. That Fabregas tackle against Stephen Ward, Jesus.

This is an interesting article from the Telegraph, might be a good idea for Cynical Gooner to read to get a bit of unblinkered perspective:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8125644/Are-Arsenal-the-dirtiest-team-in-the-Premier-League-How-Arsene-Wengers-ire-over-violent-football-is-misdirected.html
Guinness
Patrick Vieira

Postby StLGooner » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:13 pm

Guinness wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:I would be happy to be at the bottom of the fair play league every season.

Me too, I think that's what we lack that thuggish edge, however if we were I would be embarassed if my manager was complaining about tackles etc. That Fabregas tackle against Stephen Ward, Jesus.

This is an interesting article from the Telegraph, might be a good idea for Cynical Gooner to read to get a bit of unblinkered perspective:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8125644/Are-Arsenal-the-dirtiest-team-in-the-Premier-League-How-Arsene-Wengers-ire-over-violent-football-is-misdirected.html

I don't like when Wenger moans and then his team does the thing he's moaning about either, but I'm definitely not embarrassed by it. One man, whether coach or player doesn't represent what Arsenal as a football club is. :arsenal3:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:55 pm

Guinness wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
Guinness wrote:Vela not getting a penalty and being booked for diving is one of those things. If anything it is a good thing because it shows that refs are now trying to deal with the ugly act of cheating which has been marring the modern game for a while.

It happened to Bentley when we played Sunderland I was a bit gutted, as we don't dive with nearly the regularity that your guys do. You play a dirty game and the cliché is: live by the swod, you die by the sword. Wenger is proving himself to be quite the ridiculous hypocrite... Again *sigh.

Your new hero van der vaart is a serial diver, Modric takes a tumble at least twice per game, Bale invites the challenge then makes a total meal of the slightest touch, Pavvywavvychenko is like a salmon throwing himself about the place in most games, its embarrassing. Get off your high horse spudling, you're as dirty, if not dirtier than the rest.

Get real Cynical Gooner. You must know in your heart of hearts that that's just not true.

But you do have a team full of divers. of this you simply cannot deny. You could have tried harder though, poor attempt, just like your WUMing

Not as bad as Man U, Barca or the Italian teams, but certainly far far worse than us. Hypocrisy reigns in N17, just as it always has done.

You should also know better than to read the bile from the hacks. Hlaf of them are spuds themselves and love to stoke up the better half of NL.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Guinness » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:30 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Guinness wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
Guinness wrote:Vela not getting a penalty and being booked for diving is one of those things. If anything it is a good thing because it shows that refs are now trying to deal with the ugly act of cheating which has been marring the modern game for a while.

It happened to Bentley when we played Sunderland I was a bit gutted, as we don't dive with nearly the regularity that your guys do. You play a dirty game and the cliché is: live by the swod, you die by the sword. Wenger is proving himself to be quite the ridiculous hypocrite... Again *sigh.

Your new hero van der vaart is a serial diver, Modric takes a tumble at least twice per game, Bale invites the challenge then makes a total meal of the slightest touch, Pavvywavvychenko is like a salmon throwing himself about the place in most games, its embarrassing. Get off your high horse spudling, you're as dirty, if not dirtier than the rest.

Get real Cynical Gooner. You must know in your heart of hearts that that's just not true.

But you do have a team full of divers. of this you simply cannot deny. You could have tried harder though, poor attempt, just like your WUMing

Not as bad as Man U, Barca or the Italian teams, but certainly far far worse than us. Hypocrisy reigns in N17, just as it always has done.

You should also know better than to read the bile from the hacks. Hlaf of them are spuds themselves and love to stoke up the better half of NL.

You're even starting to sound like Wenger now.
Guinness
Patrick Vieira

Postby big jim » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:44 pm

there is a chance that braga could beat shakta or am i beieng far to hopefull.
big jim
Liam Brady

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:48 pm

We have been the best behaved team in the league for the last 4-5 years. The whole "same old arsenal always cheating" chant has been an embarrassment for the fans who sing it. It would be like singing "Same old Man Utd, never winning anything".

This season though we have started to shift into a dirtier team although 3-4 months at it doesn't make us a dirty team overall, not after being relative angels for so long. If we go a whole season or two like this then it may be worth mentioning but at the moment it is not a deal. Hopefully it is just a phase as I don't want us to become a full time dirty team and this team doesn't have the skills to perform with 10 men like the team a decade ago did.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:53 pm

big jim wrote:there is a chance that braga could beat shakta or am i beieng far to hopefull.

If we beat Partizan I think Braga have to win 4-0 to progress so they will have to go for it.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:
big jim wrote:there is a chance that braga could beat shakta or am i beieng far to hopefull.

If we beat Partizan I think Braga have to win 4-0 to progress so they will have to go for it.

Thought it was a bit more than that? we're on +9 Braga are on -4 GD.

TBH i think Shakta will go all out for the win even though they qualified they will not want to finish 2nd and come up against the stronger squads. Just hope both us & Braga win the last game now, which providing we beat belgrade it is the only way we will finish as group winners, hate relying on other results to go our way. :?
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:37 pm

I think it only goes to goal difference if the head to heads are equal. Shaktar won 3-0 in Braga so a 3-0 win for Braga in the next game will take it to goal difference which will screw them but a 4-0 will take them through on head to head. I could be mistaken but I think that is how it works.

If it is goal difference then they are doomed if we win.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Guinness » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:41 pm

Spurs beating Werder 2 nil at half time... Still time to lose 2-3 eh lads ;)
Guinness
Patrick Vieira

Postby StLGooner » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:43 pm

Go to your own forum already. ;)

Its funny we don't see any of you yids around here when things are going bad.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:24 pm

We will beat them later this season and it will be another 17 years before he returns. No worries.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:34 am

Reverend Gooner wrote:I think it only goes to goal difference if the head to heads are equal. Shaktar won 3-0 in Braga so a 3-0 win for Braga in the next game will take it to goal difference which will screw them but a 4-0 will take them through on head to head. I could be mistaken but I think that is how it works.

If it is goal difference then they are doomed if we win.

Yeah it does only go GD if we equal, but thought it was head to head on the home & away fixtures played between us & braga for the battle of group runners up so we would go through on the back of our 6-0 against them at the emirates?
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby mg86 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:23 am

This result just makes Villa away imperative. Dropped points could mean chelsea ahead by 5 and 3 losses in a row for us.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fabrestuta » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:39 am

It was a stonewall penalty, and an absolutely ridiculous decision. Now I am not in any way making excuses for losing as there is NO excuse, but you call that a dive then you need your eyes tested. Braga were flopping at the slightest touch but Vela gets booked for a dive?
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11