SC Braga Vs Arsenal | Champions League 23/11/10

Re: SC Braga Vs Arsenal | Champions League 23/11/10

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:06 am

starmandb wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:Don't worry too much peeps as things would have to go catastrophically wrong for us not to go through. Braga are at Shaktar next time and they have to better what we get at home against Partizan. I know we must be near rock bottom atm but the betting man would not back Braga to go through instead of us.

Not being funny Rev, but i don't want to finish 2nd, i would rather go out and be saved the embarrassment of having our arses handed to us by Real Madrid or Barcelona.

many feared the worst when we drew real madrid in 05/06
after an abject performance losing 3-2 at home to west ham and a last minute goal from gilberto to rescue a point at home to bolton.
it turned into a famous night in the clubs history
the fact that these games would be in feb and a lot can happen in a week in football let alone 3 months
suggests that it is better to hang on in there always
i have seen this club win in too many adverse circumstances ever to feel the way that you do
stickability always

Not being funny but Real Madrid are a different beast now, managed by a man who knows us inside out.

I never feared the worst when facing them OR Juve.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:42 am

Just been on Arsenal.com and Gibbs was MOTM, followed by Rosicky and Wilshere...

How ridiculous is that?
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:52 am

GunnGunn wrote:Just been on Arsenal.com and Gibbs was MOTM, followed by Rosicky and Wilshere...

How ridiculous is that?

It's utterly warped when we have a bad result, people are just clueless.
After the Newcastle game a huge chunk of people voted Cesc MOTM when he was utterly dreadful.
He didn't win it but he got loads of votes.

Look at it today, 9% of all the voters chose Chamakh even though he was only on the pitch for 20 minutes.
Wilshere and Gibbs got 13% and 18% even though neither of them were good by their standards.
Gibbs was certainly not MOTM.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:56 am

The clear MOTM was Denilson followed by Djourou...

Warped is an understatement.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mg86 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:37 pm

Denilson should start, I'm convinced. Want him in there beside Nasri in midfield. This kid is getting good before our eyes but no ones seeing it with the shit play from the rest of the squad at the moment.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby StLGooner » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:43 pm

November can f**k right off now, piece of shit curse of a month. a;sdlfhadsflgahas;ldghas;lsfghalsdghlashg
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mg86 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:47 pm

ChVint22 wrote:November can f**k right off now, piece of shit curse of a month. a;sdlfhadsflgahas;ldghas;lsfghalsdghlashg

If there's any reason to stay positive, I got one. I'm hoping the players really just sit down and realize where they are right now. Yeah 2 game slip up, whatever, its behind us. We got the chance to let these two games make or break us, period. We can't get hungry and angry from this, or we can become unconfident and fearful. A December where we take full points could very well have us 1 in the premier league, no question after what I've seen. We have now got to seize the opportunity. Screw the Braga game, we were lowballed by a ref on a mission, and we fielded a weaker side than we could have. Aston Villa away is going to be a big test, lets do this like man city.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Guinness » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:53 pm

Vela not getting a penalty and being booked for diving is one of those things. If anything it is a good thing because it shows that refs are now trying to deal with the ugly act of cheating which has been marring the modern game for a while.

It happened to Bentley when we played Sunderland I was a bit gutted, as we don't dive with nearly the regularity that your guys do. You play a dirty game and the cliché is: live by the swod, you die by the sword. Wenger is proving himself to be quite the ridiculous hypocrite... Again *sigh.
Guinness
Patrick Vieira

Postby StLGooner » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:10 pm

Guinness wrote:Vela not getting a penalty and being booked for diving is one of those things. If anything it is a good thing because it shows that refs are now trying to deal with the ugly act of cheating which has been marring the modern game for a while.

It happened to Bentley when we played Sunderland I was a bit gutted, as we don't dive with nearly the regularity that your guys do. You play a dirty game and the cliché is: live by the swod, you die by the sword. Wenger is proving himself to be quite the ridiculous hypocrite... Again *sigh.

Except for, it was actually a penalty, he may have made the most of it, but it was still a penalty. I do agree that we have a bunch of divers on the team though.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Dunno what game you lot watched but Gibbs was miles better than Denilson, as was Wilshere When the chips were down they were the only two players up for it, looking for the ball and trying to make something happen. Djourou probably was my MOTM but closely followed by Gibbs.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:21 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Dunno what game you lot watched but Gibbs was miles better than Denilson, as was Wilshere When the chips were down they were the only two players up for it, looking for the ball and trying to make something happen. Djourou probably was my MOTM but closely followed by Gibbs.

Jack was only good for the like the last 1/4 of the match, before that he couldn't even keep the ball on his foot and his touch was worse than Nicks. I agree about Gibbs and Djourou though.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Guinness wrote:Vela not getting a penalty and being booked for diving is one of those things. If anything it is a good thing because it shows that refs are now trying to deal with the ugly act of cheating which has been marring the modern game for a while.

Your new hero van der vaart is a serial diver, Modric takes a tumble at least twice per game, Bale invites the challenge then makes a total meal of the slightest touch, Pavvywavvychenko is like a salmon throwing himself about the place in most games, its embarrassing. Get off your high horse spudling, you're as dirty, if not dirtier than the rest.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Guinness » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:26 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:

Your new hero van der vaart is a serial diver, Modric takes a tumble at least twice per game, Bale invites the challenge then makes a total meal of the slightest touch, Pavvywavvychenko is like a salmon throwing himself about the place in most games, its embarrassing. Get off your high horse spudling, you're as dirty, if not dirtier than the rest.

Get real Cynical Gooner. You must know in your heart of hearts that that's just not true.
Guinness
Patrick Vieira

Postby Guinness » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:46 pm

Luckily there's a fair play league so this can be settled with vague speculation:

ESPN league Barclays 2010/11 - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/fair ... =4&cc=3888

1 Everton
2 Fulham
3 Wigan Athletic
4Tottenham Hotspur
5 Liverpool
6 Blackpool
7 Birmingham
8 Manchester United
9 Chelsea
10 West Ham United
11 Blackburn Rovers
12 Aston Villa
13 Sunderland
14 Stoke City
15 West Bromwich Albion
16 Newcastle United
17 Bolton Wanderers
18 Wolverhampton Wanderers
19 Manchester City
20 Arsenal

Barclays Official fair play league

Either way you guys play a lot dirtier than us, and maybe it's to your credit as you get better results, however be prepared everyone to call you hypocrites when you go whinging on about players fouling you or refs decisions not going your way.
Guinness
Patrick Vieira

Postby StLGooner » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:55 pm

I would be happy to be at the bottom of the fair play league every season.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11