27/12 - Chelsea (H)

=/
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham | Premiership 20/11/10

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:32 am

IMF wrote:F*ck off RVP you useless rapist.

i think you need to take your own advice.
there used to be a degree of measure with you but now you are just 1 of those fools who hides behind the internet
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:35 am

Myrmedus wrote:Cba. Seriously, I just cba anymore.

I think I should stop watching games. I missed both our goals from making cups of tea yet saw all of the Spurs goals, maybe me watching the game is a bad omen.

maybe you should get a tea lady or a flask
how can the pull of a comestable ever hold sway over the arsenal?
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:38 am

TheLittleMozart wrote:I am utterly fuming at all of our player today... Second half NOBODY had any heart or desire to drive us forward.
Our captain Cesc was shit today and cost us the win imo.

no he was,nt
he was below par in the 2nd half and that is inexcusable but lets not jerk the knee
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:46 am

Irish_Gooner wrote:A public apology from the team would be nice

And i swear to go if Wenger defends anyone......

no it would,nt
action speaks louder than words
they need to cut out this complacent shit that is costing us dear
i am not happy with wengers post match comments
i just hope it is consistent with his protect them in public
but deal with things in private manner
i hope the paint was taken of the walls and a few home truths were thrashed out amongst them
iwedon,t need handwringing
we want players to fight and die for the shirt
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:58 am

lucifer82 wrote:4 losses already this season and we ain't even hit Christmas yet. A good championship winnin side wins the league with no more than 4, maybe 5 defeats. Bein totally honest in my heart of hearts, I believed this side was again incapable of winnin the league probably after West Brom, certainly after Newcastle. After today I'm positive we won't. We've at least another 4 defeats in us until the end of the season. At least.
I have no expectations with this squad anymore. I support and watch because it's all I've ever known, it's what I do, and I love The Arsenal. But, barrin a few faces of this current shower, I don't love or have any expectation in any of em.
Most sides, well good sides, after bein affected by mistakes, tactical errors, bad finishin etc work on it, try put it right and more of than not, see the results. We haven't been able to defend for about 4-5 years! We, when comfortable,have the most incredible tendency of drawin or losin games from out of nowhere. This has been happenin for 4-5 years. Somethin, and I truly mean this, somethin is systemitically wrong within our football club. I get sick to the back teeth after hearin someone or other in the squad/management talkin about our strength or character etc etc. Turn it in. Sick of hearin it. Our lot are like the Audley Harrison of the football world - talk alot, got all the patter, but when push comes to shove, can't stand the heat and don't want the fight. If we do indeed have any character, it ain't much and it certainly ain't enough. It kills me seein my team capitulate so often, with so many nerves and showin so much fear. If that's what it's doin to me, imagin what it's doin to the players themselves. That's why with this squad we'll never be a great team. They're too scarred now mentally. Too many results, in too many big games have affected them. You can see it. I think even Wenger knows that, not that he would ever say. I never feel comfortable watchin us because we're an accident waitin to happen.
Savin grace over the past few years was that we could expect a few games where we would turn over 'lesser sides' at home, 3 or 4 nil. Can't even do that anymore.

we lost 6 games in 71/89 and 98
they were good championship sides because they won the championship
this is the most open top flight in 9 years when we also won it
what we need to do is never give up and realise that a game or season is never over till its over
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:03 am

JBandT wrote:I'm not gonna bother with the "I told you so" gloating or quote some previous posts on this thread. The best thing about the whole thing is that i just won a fair amount of cash. :frogwink:

Just a couple of things about the game:

- What's the point of playing Fabregas when he's on that abysmal form ? Your worst player today .

- I can't stand Gallas but he apparently is still twice as good as any of the so called CBs you've got in the "best Wenger squad ever" :P

- Nasri's exceptional form is carrying Arsenal at the moment. Once he goes back to his normal form, you'll find it hard to stay in the top four.

- Finding a way to change a game even when you're beeing closely marked by two players and not having your best day is the mark of world class players: Gareth Bale is a world class player and arsenal shoud have a go at signing him in the summer.

Anyway, keep your chin up, season is still long :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

you lost me at fabregas worst player today
oh and i,m glad that your pocket is more important to you than your spirited fightback
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:08 am

JBandT wrote:Sorry, I thought you were playing for the title.

we are mate
the derby is an important game but it is 2 games
we don,t now or ever have defined ourselves by you
thats you that is
go and enjoy your victory
i would
but not on an arsenal board
high profile when we lose
low profile when we win
thats the arsenal way
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:11 am

Rockin' Robin wrote:So many words I could use to describe how I feel after today's shambles of a performance. Devastataed, gutted, miserable, livid... Just a horrible second half, we weren't up for it the moment we came out for the restart. Denilson was probably our best player, he was sprinting everywhere for 90 minutes and never gave up.

Dunno how van der Vaart didn't get sent off, 5 fouls that went unpunished plus going into the crowd should equal red according to the law of the game (then he wouldn't have been on to set up the winner) but oh well, that's life.

Also, Bale was toilet for the first half and the goal was the only thing he did right.

that law is bollocks
if a player can,t go and celebrate with his own fans then the game is dead
as long as the time is added on what is the problem?
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:17 am

Inchpractice wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:In classic classless spud style they sign up in their droves. I know this was your cup final lads so enjoy it

Won't hear a peep next time we do you though will we

Exactly.
What is about those spud cretins that makes them do that?
I can honestly say that I've never joined an opposition forum after winning a game against them.
Sad really...

its coz you,re an arsenal fan mate
you can,t buy class
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:22 am

Wenger's Broken Bottle wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
Guinness wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
Guinness wrote:
Simply Arshavin! wrote:I officially don't feel like watching any football till we get a 6-0 win. Don't care who it is against. And Cesc, f**k what did you do in the second half? You f***ked the game right over didnt you? Its alright, we will still fuel your pride, and you will f**k right off to Barca. The worst of it all was I saw Titi there, and felt, we're disgracing him by losing to the spuds when he was here. god im pissed off, f**k f**k f**k.

The definition of plastic fans.

No, it's the definition of someone who's a bit upset after losing a very important game.

:rolleyes:

We lost a derby so i'm not gonna watch a game of football until we win one 6 nil? People like him shouldnt watch football, f***ing baby. Be a man for fucks sake.

Ok you want a definition of plastic fans? I'll give you one.

Picture the scene, some promising 18 year-old players proudly pull on their clubs shirt for their first senior start EVER. They're ecstatic when they see their name on the team sheet. All their mates are texting them like crazy, they announce their delight on Facebook and Twitter, they look forward to it for weeks and when the day finally arrives Mum & Dad are in the stands bursting with pride, cameras in hand.

But oh no.....what's this? Their own fans have booed them off at half time despite only being 1-0 down...? :shock:
The stadium's empty with 25 minutes still to play....?!

What sort of disrespectful short-sighted twats would ruin such a special day for their reserve players like that?

T*ttenham 1 - 4 Arsenal
Carling Cup 21.09.10

THAT is plastic.

You're delusional.

yes they all put there dressing up outfits on
just a bummer they all went as blue seats
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:30 am

ayN wrote:
The definition of plastic fans.

Well that post was written right after losing to the Spuds, after being f***ing 2-0 up, and we did have a chance to move up to first in the table. I'm even more mad now since Chelsea lost, we would have been f***ing on top of the table without anyone having a game on us.

You could imagine how I felt making while making that post... "I don't feel like", even if I don't feel like, I will right? I want a 6-0ish win to get our team inspired once again, and our fans, who are f***ing pointless when they enter the stadium.

I'd gone for the Mexico vs Argentina match in the world cup, along with quite a few other matches, and you should see the fan support there. They don't care if they're down 3-0, they'll boo the opponents and cheer the Mexican team till all 90 minutes are up.

I've seen them announcing an attendance of 70,000 for some of our matches, but at the 80th minute, all I see is empty stands, they're what you call plastic fans. I still haven't had the privilege to watch a match at the Grove as the one time I'd been to the UK was sometime around June or July where I think no matches were going on and I was on a tight schedule, so all I did was visit the stadium. I don't know where I'm going with this post but anyone will try to defend themselves when they're called plastic fans right? Considering I started watching football itself around 2006, I'm a relatively new fan, but I ain't no plastic fan for sure.

i take great issue with being called pointless by someone who declared they would not watch a game until
we won 6-0
you may give up easy but i never will
i hope that if you do ever make it over you stick with the team no matter how events shape up
more never say die is needed on and off the pitch
starmandb

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:08 am

Something to smile about at least:

Fail.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby ayN » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:16 am

:rofll:
Wenger please go away
ayN
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext