Everton Vs Arsenal | Premiership 14/11/10

Re: Everton Vs Arsenal | Premiership 14/11/10

Postby ProudGooner » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:13 pm

by the way am i the only one that thought everton goal was a foul?

Saha fouled song to get the header which then was turned in by cahill.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Massa » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:17 pm

MOTD is so shit these days
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby ProudGooner » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:20 am

they are unfair which annoys me. They are suppose to be impartial.

Again they showed fabregas tackle vs wolves. What did that have to do with this game?

And btw I think squillaci was lucky. That should have been a straight red.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby mg86 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:40 am

ProudGooner wrote:they are unfair which annoys me. They are suppose to be impartial.

Again they showed fabregas tackle vs wolves. What did that have to do with this game?

And btw I think squillaci was lucky. That should have been a straight red.

Ivanovich should have gotten a straight red today too. Everything has to be impartial and consistent.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ProudGooner » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 am

yes, and unfortunately it is not. It is amazing isnt it? It is so easy to put most of it right. Its not hard to bring consistency to referee's performances but you have these so called guardians of football at the top just being an obstacle.

I dont think referee's make bad decisions deliberately. They have an impossible task. Just think about it if you play for a team lets say as a striker you have to run every now and again when they are attacking. These are young and super fit athletes. If you play in midfield you get a breather every now and again. If you play in goal you dont have to run so much. If you are in defense you are only in action when the other team is attacking. However if you are a referee you dont get a breather at all. They have to keep up with these athletes and they are much older than them and much less fitter.

They obviously need help and video technology would help them a lot. But some f***ing morons refuse to introduce it. There is probably not a person left in football that is against it but yet these assholes just refuse to introduce it.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:42 am

Clichy was covering and the ball was running to him, i don't think it was a red personally but he was still a lucky boy because i have seen them given.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby golfinguy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:55 am

Fabianski again - wow. We have a goalkeeper problem? Glad to be proven wrong for the moment.

Djourou is still not great, but played a solid game and was a beast in the air. Gets caught out of position, but provided excellent air cover.

Another win while not playing our best, and with Cesc clearly still not at his best. Liking the squad. Would still like to see Walcott get some starts.

GunnGunn wrote:Clichy was covering and the ball was running to him, i don't think it was a red personally but he was still a lucky boy because i have seen them given.

True, I was not too concerned that he would get a red, wasn't that kind of foul really. Ivonovic in the next game though, that could easily have been red - he was a lucky boy.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ProudGooner » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:45 am

Clichy was behind both of them or parralel at best. If Saha had gone through clichy would have been no where near. In my opinion it was a 100% red. We got lucky with that decision.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:24 am

It's a really grey area that one because if there is another player parallel with the 'last man' the ref has to decide pretty quickly if that 'other' player would've got the striker and prevented him from scoring.
In our case I think with Clichy's pace he would've just about got a flying tackle in before the striker let fly but in the Chavs game it's highly debatable whether or not the parallel defender would've made it.

Both defenders could've got a red and both were lucky imo.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby ProudGooner » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Im not sure. If I remember correctly this last man this is a load of rubbish and is actually not in the rules.

didnt I hear somewhere that its about denying a goal scoring opportunity?
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:00 pm

They class someone running through on goal, and the last man fouling him as denying a clear goalscoring oppurtunity.

Hence the last man...
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby dunkdafunk » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:45 pm

either way he was lucky to stay on the pitch, doesnt really matter if he was last man or not, he stopped the guy from having a shot on goal by sliding and tripping the guy up. If it was a foul then he should be sent off.
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:50 pm

No he shouldn't, because the ball was running diagonally through to Clichy because he took the ball away from Squillaci.

People underestimate just how fast Clichy is, he is on par with Walcott, so IMO he would have got there.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ProudGooner » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:53 pm

I disagree. I am sure i heard graham poll say something about the last man rule. It was actually after the villa vs manu carling cup final when i think vidic was suppose to be sent off. He basically said there is no such rule as a last man rule and its about denying a goal scoring opportunity.

For me that was a goal scoring opportunity. And I dont think the speed of the covering defender really matters that much. How can we expect the referee to work out in a split second whether the defender would get there in time to prevent him from shooting when it would probably take mathematicians probably hours to work out the same.

Anyway it doesnt matter. We got lucky in my opinion.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Forest » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:00 pm

ProudGooner wrote:I disagree. I am sure i heard graham poll say something about the last man rule. It was actually after the villa vs manu carling cup final when i think vidic was suppose to be sent off. He basically said there is no such rule as a last man rule and its about denying a goal scoring opportunity.

Niles Ranger was not in a goal scoring Oppotunity when Kosy was sent off.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11