Everton Vs Arsenal | Premiership 14/11/10

Re: Everton Vs Arsenal | Premiership 14/11/10

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:41 pm

They deem it to be a goalscoring oppurtunity when the last man fouls him.

The last man rule may not exist but if the LAST MAN fouls him then denies that oppurtunity, hence the LAST MAN is sent off.

The two "rules" go hand in hand, they are the same thing, because naturally, any LAST MAN would DENY a GOALSCORING oppurtunity by fouling someone running through on goal, wouldn't they?

They are not two different rules, at least i never saw them as such.

And Kosy was the last man, he fouled Ranger, who was running through on goal, with nobody covering...Denying a clear goalscoring oppurtunity...

Even though personally i thought he dived.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Forest » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:46 pm

No i understand and totally with you on the last man thing, Vidic should of gone in that CC final, and yes Kosy was last man but Ranger would have to of ran along way to get a good goal scoring oppotunity was my point not take two more touch and shoot.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:54 pm

It was still an oppurtunity, because had Kosy not got hold of Ranger, he would have clearly been through on goal and would have had an age to pick his shot.

If all of our players were in the oppo half and someone sprung and were fouled by the last man, 45 yards out, it would still be deemed to be a GS oppurtunity, simply because nobody would have been able to stop him.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ProudGooner » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:57 am

By the way i think the rule is shit, vague and confusing.

I personally think if the guy is the last man and denies a goal scoring opportunity then he should be given a yellow and the fouled team should get a penalty.

It spoils the game when you send the player off. For me justice for denying a goal scoring opporunity would be to give the team a goal scoring opportunity and a penalty gives them that opportunity. Also when you have incidents like the suarez one in the world cup a straight goal should be awarded and a yellow card to the player.

For me a red card should only be used for dangerous tackles that could cause injuries or committing two bookable offenses as is the current state.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:43 am

ProudGooner wrote:By the way i think the rule is shit, vague and confusing.

I personally think if the guy is the last man and denies a goal scoring opportunity then he should be given a yellow and the fouled team should get a penalty.

It spoils the game when you send the player off. For me justice for denying a goal scoring opporunity would be to give the team a goal scoring opportunity and a penalty gives them that opportunity. Also when you have incidents like the suarez one in the world cup a straight goal should be awarded and a yellow card to the player.

For me a red card should only be used for dangerous tackles that could cause injuries or committing two bookable offenses as is the current state.

I agree wholeheartidly.

It is a stupid rule.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mg86 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:31 pm

GunnGunn wrote:

I agree wholeheartidly.

It is a stupid rule.

A red card and being match banned is enough to keep players from constantly doing it though. A yellow isn't steep enough to prevent it, but I agree with the penalty option.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:50 pm

mg86 wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:

I agree wholeheartidly.

It is a stupid rule.

A red card and being match banned is enough to keep players from constantly doing it though. A yellow isn't steep enough to prevent it, but I agree with the penalty option.

Yes but their is such a grey area over the rule that even the Ref's do no understand it.

Observe how Kos was sent off when Alex wasn't, and how also Ivanovic got away with a blatant cynical foul as the last man.

Therefore it is a stupid rule IMO, regardless of the deterrant of a red card.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby dunkdafunk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:08 pm

There is no doubt that suarez should have been sent off. Its deliberate cheating, just as is tripping someone up before they take a shot on goal.

One thing i would like to see, but will never happen is a sin bin.
When u get something inbetween a yellow and a red, you should get an orange card! and have to sit out for 10 minutes. This would really put your team in deep sh1t, but most of time you would be able to make up for your mistake when u come back on.
Will never happen tho, just like goal line technology.
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:10 pm

dunkdafunk wrote:There is no doubt that suarez should have been sent off. Its deliberate cheating, just as is tripping someone up before they take a shot on goal.

When u get something inbetween a yellow and a red, you should get an orange card! and have to sit out for 10 minutes. This would really put your team in deep sh1t, but most of time you would be able to make up for your mistake when u come back on.

Don't they do this in ice hockey or something...?

It could work but we don't need an orange card. It's either a yellow card or it's a yellow + 15 mins in the bin.
Red is still red.
I suppose one advantage of that system is that there'll be more games that finish 11 v 11.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
dunkdafunk wrote:There is no doubt that suarez should have been sent off. Its deliberate cheating, just as is tripping someone up before they take a shot on goal.

Don't they do this in ice hockey or something...?

It could work but we don't need an orange card. It's either a yellow card or it's a yellow + 15 mins in the bin.
Red is still red.
I suppose one advantage of that system is that there'll be more games that finish 11 v 11.

Yea, they do it in hockey. 2 minutes for a "minor" penalty and 5 for a "major" (which would be fighting and some high sticks), but I don't want that anywhere near football. :naughty:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dunkdafunk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:00 pm

i wonder if you could modify an old fifa game, so people only get sent off for 10 mins just to give it a try?
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11