Wolves Vs Arsenal | Premiership 10/11/10

Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal | Premiership 10/11/10

Postby ProudGooner » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:18 am

Dejan wrote:why? I know he scored two, but where was he between his first goal and he 2nd goal? practically nowhere.
Wolves bombarded us for 1 hour long and fabianski kept his clean sheet, deserves to be MOTM imo

Because a keeper keeps you in the game but goals win you matches.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Dejan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:24 am

ProudGooner wrote:
Dejan wrote:why? I know he scored two, but where was he between his first goal and he 2nd goal? practically nowhere.
Wolves bombarded us for 1 hour long and fabianski kept his clean sheet, deserves to be MOTM imo

Because a keeper keeps you in the game but goals win you matches.

But our keeper avoid that we lost points today ;)
imo, if we had almunia in goal today, we could of lost
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby ProudGooner » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:35 am

Well you never know. Remember almunia vs barca? manone vs fulham?

Fabianksi had a great game. Definately kept us in the game.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:24 am

BBC need to f**k off and put the highlights on iPlayer, i need to see them.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:33 am

GunnGunn wrote:BBC need to f**k off and put the highlights on iPlayer, i need to see them.

They don't put MOTD on iPlayer for some reason. I think it's because they're massive W****rs.
They also don't broadcast MOTD in HD. They obviously don't think it's a very popular program.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:48 am

They started Inch, as MOTD2 is on there from Sunday...

And its on the net that you can watch it on there...

I agree though, massive W****rs indeed.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:11 am

Still haven't seen any of it. Good result though!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:54 am

I'm no statistician but last night's must have been our fastest goal for over 2 years
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:18 am

CynicalGooner wrote:I'm no statistician but last night's must have been our fastest goal for over 2 years

indeed
it was our fastest goal for 8 years since gilberto scored in 20 seconds in our 4-0 win in eindhoven v psv in 02/03
our last goal inside a minute was henry at reading in a 4-0 win in 06/07 58 seconds
our fastest goal in the fa cup was in the 2nd semi final replay v liverpool at villa pk when alan sunderland scored in a 1-1 in 13 seconds.79/80
our fastest goal in the league was alan ball v man utd at highbury in 13 seconds v man utd in a 3-1 win 1975/76
our fastest goal by a sub was 07/08 when bendtner lept like a salmon to head the winner past the pie muncher 1-8 seconds from the corner being taken.5 mins after man of the match almunia had saved a robbie keane penalty
our fastest goal at the emirates was on new years day 2008100 seconds when eduardo took a cross from cesc on his chest spun and volleyed in 1 move to flash past green[it was eddys 3rd goal in 27 mins following his brace at everton 3 days before,thats why it was such a shame that that lumbering oaf taylor did a number on him he was just coming to the boil in his arsenal career]
our man of the match v west ham was clichy as in the spell they had after the goal he headed off the line from anton ferdinand before catching the west ham defence square with a long pass that adebayor nodded past green
i nearly missed all this as my cab would,nt start but a shit start to the new year was lifted later after meeting ray parlour and chippy brady in club level; after the game[nothing grand,just a pass from an old friend who used to work in the box office].i watched the game in a 66 pound seat as west ham were considered a grade a game at the time
would,nt like watching football behind glass
did it a couple of times in the old press box at white hart lane[a 5-0 defeat and a league cup exit]and its like having a bath with your socks on.
it may be far removed from a terrace these days but i still love sitting in the cold shouting me ead off
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Leody » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:28 am

ProudGooner wrote:Remember almunia vs barca?

Yes, he played great for a half then allowed 2 goals in 10min of the 2nd half and we drew...

Fabianski put in a full 90.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Git » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:38 am

Just watched the extended highlights.

I think the change that has most impressed me about Fabs is how much more commanding he is - seeing him push his players out of the way and telling them where to go for corners. That is what we desperately needed.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Leody » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:52 am

Git wrote:Just watched the extended highlights.

I think the change that has most impressed me about Fabs is how much more commanding he is - seeing him push his players out of the way and telling them where to go for corners. That is what we desperately needed.

Been doing it for weeks mate.

I can't remember if it was Newcastle or which match, but on a corner he grabbed Cesc, moved him into position, and then Cesc ended up clearing it... I had to giggle with a little excitement. :D

But you're right, we really need that. And that is one of the main things that he's done to impress me as much as he has. And I've never seen Almunia come off his line to collect as much as Fabianski has been. I think in the last 10 matches or whatever it's been he collected more crosses than Almunia has in two years.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goose » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:20 pm

Did you see the look on Cescs face when he was dragging him?

Priceless

It was a fine defensive display, we defended our lead and tried to hit them on the counter, Arshavin was unlucky to not finish the game off sooner, I think if Walcott was on je would have punished them on the counter as they left a lot of space at the back trying to equalise
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:38 pm

I just saw the highlights.

Fabi was magnificent, Chamakh was very good, proper strikers finishes, his second was especially, Arshavin should have buried two, as should Fabregas and Djourou.

I also found myself agreeing with McCarthy after the game, in regards to AW and Cesc apologising for the tackle...He said "It was nice of them to apologise, but at the end of the day, i don't mind tackling, its when people bitch and moan about it that gets me"...

I don't like bad tackles, and i think we are a target for teams like Wolves, but sometimes i wish AW would just shut up about it and say, listen, you know what, fine, tackling is here to stay, just don't moan to me when my players do it...

I used to think it was our style that invited tackling, IMO, i think AW talking about it so much has invited more.

Luckily however, i see a feistier Arsenal side this season, Kos was unlucky, but 4 reds in however many games goes to show that...
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:04 pm

4 red cards shows inconsistant refereeing.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11