Arsenal Vs Newcastle | Premiership 07/11/10

Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle | Premiership 07/11/10

Postby SE13 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:28 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
SE13 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Expect a stinging reponse from stat man, SE

You expected, and you got!

I don't see it, did he pm you his stats and rhetoric this time?

Sorry, misread the post, I thought you meant me AND him...... :redface:

Starman, Libs, Mikey, myself and a few others are from a different mould of fan, those that wouldn't hammer the internet screaming for heads after a defeat, we'd have been, had a party, a lot of fun, and come home satisfied with a good day out with the lads. Yeah, it was a defeat, but there's always next week and a goal to interrupt the party on the terraces.

We were realists, those that knew every game wasn't going to be a 5-0 romp, we weren't going to win every bit of silverware every single season. We cared about our club and it's honour and traditions. We knew anything other than looking after our own and the lads on the pitch was a bonus. We that inspired the team, we that lost our voices every Saturday through the sheer passion.

Oh, and we that have been replaced by PHFC, JCL and people that haven't got the first idea about football in the slightest. We that were kicked out of the grounds and outpriced to ensure the hats and JCL could fill the seats and food bars.

Honestly, there is something outside the lifeless bowl, it's called reality. Sadly those living in that world aren't welcome any more.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:35 pm

He may be the from the same time as you lot but not sure you can say he's the same.

What I meant was you'll get a stinging response from him for criticizing the home fans and the atmosphere, no one is allowed to you see.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby SE13 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:02 pm

Well I'll do it, and I don't care a stuff, it was utterly dire today.

Sky could have saved a fortune by not bothering with mics around the bowl.

That said, even when our fans are making a noise, it's after a goal with that poxy "oo are ya" bollocks. Last season against the yids, two in a split second and the so-called celebrations (claps and whoop-whoops) had to be stopped for another chorus of "oo are ya"

Honestly, it's just embarrassing these days.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:27 pm

i am so f***** depressed today :crybaby: :crybaby:
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Gooner Girl » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:59 pm

well that was crap... my twins have lost their touch... 5 wins out of 5 since they were born but now 2 losses... sucks!
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Est83 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:58 pm

Sell 'em! :hiding:

Sorry... major knee jerk there, it's not the twins' fault!

I couldn't watch the game because I had family round and was dragged out shopping, but I caught the highlights on MotD2 and f**k me!!! There were spells where we looked dangerous (highlights can make games look good like youtube can make your nan look like Zidane) but I must say, the point everyone seems to have brought up is spot on!... All I could hear was Geordies!!!

SE, you mentioned in another thread that alot of the BSM followers have lost faith. What's the deal? What's going on? I remember you posted a link to the official site a while back, and I actually subscribed. But that was months ago and I am yet to recieve any emails, newsletter or updates of any kind.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:00 am

Inchpractice wrote:Amazing how early RVP is coming on.
Never seen make a sub this early ever!!!!

wilshere came on for eboue when we were 2 down to west brom at about the same time
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:21 am

ProudGooner wrote:Forget the title. our attitude is a joke.

We have experimental keepers that put us on the back foot for no reason by making mistakes after mistakes. And our attitude sucks anyway.

We wont win any title this year that is for sure.

We make the same old mistakes over and over again. And the mistake is to under-estimate and disrespect opponents. We did it against west brom, west ham (where we got lucky) and now newcastle.

Im so pissed off I dont even want to talk right now.

yes.those could,nt care less nobodys lauren,keown,pires,vieira,ljungberg,henry and bergkamp were guilty of mistakes in our 4-2 home defeat to charlton in 2001/02following on from home draws with newly promoted bolton and blackburn and an opening day home defeat to leeds.we had won 1 home game at this point that season and had less points than we have now.we went on to do a double in our greatest away season in my memory.we are 5 points off the top keep your head up
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:44 am

ProudGooner wrote:like they say you cannot win the title in november but you can certainly lose it.

earliest we have ever been out the title race was mid december and that was 36 years ago
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:57 am

Inchpractice wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:God some of you lot really are a bunch of whiny bitches.

Terrible performance but we haven't been relegated yet, we are still in the top 4, there is still 3/4 of the season to play.

Drama Queens.

Yeah top 4.

How stupid of us to be ambitious and dissappointed for losing to a newly promoted side at home.

Again, I forgot we get a trophy for top 4 finishes.

Ah yes a team that demolished Aston Villa and Sunderland and beat a near full strength Chelsea side...

I guess is was written in the stars that we were going to beat them?

It doesn't work that way in the real World.

Nothing wrong in being disappointed with the loss, i am, but i choose to put it into perspective whereas YOU make out like we are on the brink of relegation and this loss just confirmed us to eternal damnation.

We will see how many other scalps Newcastle put in, we wern't the first and we certainly won't be the last, their team is brilliant and Chris Hughton is a good manager.

We should have won, but we didn't, we can still win the title and we can still win something this season.

Get. Over. It.

I still think you're missing the point a bit here.
As Myrmedus has already alluded to, it's not about the result.
The result is disappointing but it's far outweighed by the attitude and the performance.
The performance has great significance and symbolises why this team will struggle to pick up silverware this season.
The mentality is wrong.

If we'd lost this game 1-0 after creating 30 chances and battering Newcastle who just got a lucky penalty then few on here would be moaning.
We lost it because we played SO poorly and no-one did anything about it, not the players, not the manager and not the fans.
The first half was so lifeless it was unreal, we didn't want the points badly enough for some reason.
I don't know if was a case of mid-week hangover but there's no excuse for that display imo.

If Newcastle hadn't scored and it had ended 0-0 I would be JUST as worried as I am now I assure you.

i,m sorry but i take issue with someone who sat on the internet while the game was on having a pop at the fans.
its understandable if a little galling when it comes from far flung corners of the globe but when it comes fronm someone in the home counties it begs the question why was you not there making a difference yourself.it fucks me off when i,m in there when fans moan and groan but i,m in there doing my bit come and do yours
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:09 am

Inchpractice wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:There is a perfect excuse.

We played midweek in the middle of Europe way out in Ukraine.

AW rushed too many players back, namely Cesc, when it would have been a far better option to play Rosicky.

I am very disappointed, and i am not missing the point in the slightest, yes we should be worried, but the situation is not nearly as bad as some people are making out.

Even an Arsenal side on top form would have struggled today.

Were we REALLY that bad?

Or were Newcastle simple THAT good?

Bit of both but inching more towards the latter, they were superb today and just shut us out.

The Ukraine thing is not much of an excuse because only 6 of the players that played midweek were on the pitch today.
I disagree that an in-form Arsenal side would've struggled because if they were in form they would not have given away 70% of all passes made. Nor would they have squandered chances in the way that Theo and the others did.

Remember that in the first 20 minutes Newcastle had something like 65% possession which is very un-Arsenal like.
Newcastle are a good team these days but I don't think they're THAT good.
We just made them look good by repeatedly giving them the ball back, firstly through our errant passing and secondly through our utterly woeful crossing.
EVERY f***ing cross landed on a Newcastle head, that's us being poor not them being good.

i agree. last time we went to kiev we won 3-1 at bolton the following saturday with the same side that played in the ukraine.there is no excuse. players should be desperate to pull the shirt on and want to play in every game.
tell someone enough that they are tired and they will be tired
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:19 am

gunner2018 wrote:Yaya Toure is on of those who leave 80mins into a game too!

I dont know London but surely Arsenal cant of got the location wrong of the stadium, is it that bad to get too and home from?

no mate it is the best clearing ground in london
i live 6 and a half miles away have a 25 minute walk to my cab
never leave before the last of our players has walked off and always in doors an hour after it finishes.
we have stayed in our heartland and it is well serviced by public transport
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:32 am

Gunner Down Under wrote:Losing two straight games (relatively simple games) for that matter isn't great for form and for confidence, particularly as Chelsea lost and Man City won. I haven't watched the match but I know that our defense wasn't up to scratch, the crowd was silent and many of our players were poor.

we lost to a worse schalke side 3-1 and a worse charlton side 4-2 at home in 01/02 and went on to do a double.
get yourself on 1 of those big birds and come and do your bit for the atmosphere
starmandb

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:45 am

To be fair starman the mentality of our squad was different then and our standard of opposition is higher now. I agree with your sentiment that no loss can doom you by itself but the past can't always ease the present when all things are considered.

The loss itself doesn't worry me, despite the performance, but it is worrying that we lost at home again and I agree with the sentiment being made that the fans could do more to help prevent this.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:04 am

CynicalGooner wrote:He may be the from the same time as you lot but not sure you can say he's the same.

What I meant was you'll get a stinging response from him for criticizing the home fans and the atmosphere, no one is allowed to you see.

you are right. i don,t share se,s feelings that we lost our soul when we moved to the emirates but from reading his posts i am in comple te harmony with how it feels to be a gunner and it really is a lot more than the sum of its parts.
it pisses me off that so many have been priced out but it fills me with eno rmous pride that i can now take my 81 year old uncle and who 1st took me to a reserve game over 40 years ago as well as my own children.i love to see our club in a state of the art stadium and i believe it to be the platform to take us from being not just the greatest club in the world but to having the best team in europe.
i love match days as much as i ever did and that is what i try to convey
i respect gunners everywhere but i reserve the right on a public forum to challenge anything i see to be unfair.
i was desperatly dissapointed today but as se says football is more than just the 90 mins on the pitch but the banter with mates pre and post game. i will never give up having fath in this club because we have stared down adversity and won so many times.
whats the point of being an old c*** if you can,t try and pass on a bit of wisdom.
my time is the next game be it barcelona or farnborough town.
i,m cynical about many things but not about the arsenal
the crowd can be a great help for the home side and i want us to suck a few more into the net
but in cyberspace no one can hear you scream
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11