Newcastle Vs Arsenal | Carling Cup 27/10/10

Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal | Carling Cup 27/10/10

Postby Est83 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:37 pm

Stoke out, should be able to give a few more kids a run out now without danger of damaged, broken or removed limbs.

Well done Wet Spam, saved everyone some injuries!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Leody wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:No way was it accidental and yes he did impede him. Knew exactly what he was doing. I'd say it was good (if dirty) play if the defender had the chance to tackle Walcott but he didn't so it was unecessary.

Honestly, I have to question what you saw... because it was the defender that grabbed Nick, not the other way around. :dontknow:

Nick had his back to him and was on the far side of him away from Theo.

He was looking at the defender and shouldered him to block him off, it was as blatant a bit of gamesmanship as you'll see anywhere, the defender is then off balance and brings him down. It's usually people who have never played football competitively that don't quite understand this stuff but I know you have so you should see it
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:50 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:No way was it accidental and yes he did impede him. Knew exactly what he was doing. I'd say it was good (if dirty) play if the defender had the chance to tackle Walcott but he didn't so it was unecessary.

Honestly, I have to question what you saw... because it was the defender that grabbed Nick, not the other way around. :dontknow:

He was looking at the defender and shouldered him to block him off, it was as blatant a bit of gamesmanship as you'll see anywhere, the defender is then off balance and brings him down. It's usually people who have never played football competitively that don't quite understand this stuff but I know you have so you should see it

Agree to disagree...

I've watch the replay several times and Bendtner was not the one to initiate contact. The defender was. Bendtner didn't make the most effort he could have to make sure he was well clear, but he was out of the way enough. The defender made the contact, grabbed Bendtner so they would both go to ground trying to coax a call out of the ref. The ref had a perfect view of it all and let it go because he saw it for exactly what it was, nothing.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Massa » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:01 pm

Wembley here we come!
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby ProudGooner » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:00 pm

Why is no one talking about the same defender hauling bendtner to the ground in the opening minutes of the game when he was running and vela was free. Vela had to shoot because bendtner was not there because the defender had man handled him to the ground.

What goes around comes around.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:04 pm

Leody wrote:

This... I said it pages back when it very first happened...

NB52 was backing away HOLDING HIS ARMS UP as if to say to the ref "I'm not involved in play" Williamson actually went to go behind Bendtner then changed his mind, ran in front of him, GRABBING HIS ARM in the process and hauling Nik and himself down in the process.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ProudGooner » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:05 pm

Just seen the replay again. Its here:

http://redlondon.wordpress.com/2010/10/ ... ighlights/

Agree 100% with Leody. Look at it again. Bendtner is not looking at the defender he was looking to get back onside. If you look at the defender he knows he aint gonna catch Theo. He actually looks at bendtner lifts his arm and then hauls him down.

At first I though Leody was maybe being a bit biased but having seen it again i agree 100%. The defender is the one that actually fouled bendtner. If you look at his line of path he could have easily gone past bendtner but he desicded to take bendtner out. The give away are his arm going up and him looking at bendtner instead of looking at theo.

I think he probably was thinking if the keeper saves he wants to make sure no one is there to follow the shot up like he made sure in the first half when vela was through that bendtner is not in the middle to take a pass from vela by hauling bendtner down to the ground.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:09 pm

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodispl ... e-7348597/

In case anyone wants to watch the incident again
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ProudGooner » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:10 pm

just keep ure eye on the defender. He is running and looking at theo. then he move his focus towards bendtner puts his arm out to haul him down and falls himself. i cant believe bendtner will get all the abuse for this when in fact he was the one that was fouled.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Est83 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:45 pm

:lol: yea, it's almost like he throws his shoulder towards him. Defender knew exactly what he was doing.

Nobody's mentioned Koscielny's assist for Walcott's second... Nice one Kos!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Trequartista » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:39 am

good result! lots of positives again from tonights game. I dont thik Bnedtner did much wrong for Theo's goal, i think Walcott's possible offide position prior to the goal is probably more contentious...not that it would of made much difference, Theo showed those Defenders a clean set of heels.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:29 am

Good result in the end, can't believe Theo, I was wrong about his finishing, the kid is a machine now. Still gets a bit carried away when running with the ball, but f**k me, put him onto through balls all day and watch him shine. Eastmond had a tough night, he's still very raw but you can see the potential. Don't know why Wenger brough Cesc on, 2 up in the CC with less than 30 min to go, why not bring JET on then? It was silly, and he couldv'e gotten injured from that prick Barton. Anyway, Denilson made a few mistakes, but to me he looked much more comfortable on the ball tonight and his pace looked a bit better (must be the hair). Kos was good, and what a finish from Nick, don't see that from him too often. Sagna was shit when he came on, and poor Gibbs, another injury prone player. FFS!!!

And I just like to show my anger a bit about how easy we go down sometimes, everytime a defender is close and we look like we're going to lose the ball, our players go down so easy, and I'm kind of sick of it, we look like the f***ing spanish players, Barcelona in particular. Every team has their share of divers, but it seems like ours is filled with them. Rant over!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:42 am

Just jumped back on because I'm watching Sky Sports News and almost every single fu*ker is saying Bendtner impeded Williamson; what b0ll0cks, plain and simple!

It's clear as clear can be that Bendtner was just running into an -onside position- YES he was probably running into Williamson's line of run, that's pretty clear BUT the main point is, look at Williamson's run; the distance he had to jog (he wasn't even burning it, whatsoever) BEFORE he grabs NB52's hand and swings him around.

HOW this can be construed by the commentators, the pundits and even SSN's reporters as NB52 "impeding" Williamson is totally beyond me... And no, this isn't my red n' white tinted glasses, either.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ProudGooner » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:35 am

Well i watched the City and I watched the newcastle game on sky sports.

If it was possible for the commentators to will a team on to win then surely we would have lost both these games. It was so biased it was shameless.

For example, look at the city game when adebayor had that header just check out the reaction of the commentator. He shouted ADEBAYORRRRRR!!! at full capacity of his voice.

Then when song scored check out his reaction.

These commentators make me sick. That is why bendtner is getting stick. They made me feel guilty that we scored the first goal the way we scored. Even at 4-0 up they kept going back to the first goal implying that was the luck that turned the game. If you had joined watching the match at that point you would have thought we were getting pounded by newcastle and we scored a flukey goal and then we were just hitting poor newcastle on the break.

Just ignore the fact that newcastle in the first half had 10 men behind the ball every time we tried to attack.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:41 am

Great result although nothing more than I expected tbh.
Very disappointed with Wenger though. No JET until the 85th minute ffs?!? :BangHead: :disgust:

Brings on Cesc bloody Fabregas when we're already 3-0 up. Why? :dontknow: :dontknow: :scratch:
As soon as he came on I said to the missus what the f**k is he doing on the pitch? In a minute Barton will clatter into him and he'll be out for six weeks.
Five minutes later Barton fouled him, what a shocker. :rolleyes: Hopefully he's not too injured but it was soooooooo predictable, even Chvint predicted it.

Even if he'd brought on Lansbury instead of Cesc, anyone else but him, what was the point?
Not surprised Vela came off as he wasn't on form either. On current form JET should definitely start ahead of Vela. I don't care if Vela patiently waited 3 years before he finally joined us and that he's the best chipper of goalies in the western hemisphere, JET is on f***ing fire and would've EASILY scored the chances that Vela had and set up nine others.
Why did AW jizz himself into a stupor in that interview over how good JET is and then bring him on with FIVE minutes to go? What's he supposed to do in five f***ing minutes ffs?
:angry:

/rant.

P.s. nice goal Bendy.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11