Man City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 24/10/10

Re: Man City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 24/10/10

Postby ProudGooner » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:49 pm

cesc just tweeted about that article saying the same as above.

Sky have now posted another article saying "Cesc clarifies blah blah ". Really terrible journalism.

They asked the questions, he answered them and the still get the f***ing headline wrong. It wasnt as if it was an interview given to a spanish radio station and things got lost in translation.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:I saw the title of that article. I didn't bother reading it as I knew Fabregas wouldn't talk so much crap.

Good man, getting to know our captain. :thumbsup:
ProudGooner wrote:cesc just tweeted about that article saying the same as above.

Sky have now posted another article saying "Cesc clarifies blah blah ". Really terrible journalism.

They asked the questions, he answered them and the still get the f***ing headline wrong. It wasnt as if it was an interview given to a spanish radio station and things got lost in translation.

Typical f***ing Sky basically.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockin' Robin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:52 pm

Alex Song completed more passes than Man City's midfield three in yesterday's game. Messrs De Jong, Toure & Barry funnelled 76 passes to team mates between them. Alex Song completed 78 passes.

And it's not as if he neglected his defensive duties, he got more challenges in (8) than any of the Man City three.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Est83 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:08 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Watching MOTD2 I had forgotten just how many world class saves Fab made. I counted four just from their brief highlights.

:clap:

:hail: :hail:

The thing about keepers, they can keep clean sheets with average performances if the defense is tight. They play in a position that gets maximum criticism when doing the simple things wrong but minimum praise when doing the simple things right. And right now, Fab's way past doing the simple things right, he's actually putting in match winning performances!

I mentioned it on another page but the save from Silva's shot at the beginning of the match was HUGE! Citeh would have been damn near impossible to break down had they gone into the lead, and the save was doubly impressive as it was one of the first he had to make.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Yeah that save was absolutely vital.
It's hard to pick a favourite save cos there were so many good ones.
I think probably the Ade save was my favourite because he was so close to the goal that Fab had no time to react.
And as a bonus we get to watch Ade's disappointment. :grin:
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Inchpractice wrote:I think probably the Ade save was my favourite because he was so close to the goal that Fab had no time to react.

The one where he was offside?

I liked that one, because he didn't quit on it. Even though it was fairly obvious that it was going to be called off, Fabianski didn't even think about that and made the play.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ProudGooner » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:03 am

My favourite one was the one from Silva (second save). That was excellant reflexes.

That for me was a world class save.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooneritis » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:14 am

you know a goalkeepers shit when he makes a couple of decent saves and there's immediately a furore of excitement as if he'd become world class overnight.
he played well and made some important saves, but nothing that any half decent keeper shouldn't have made. its great to see him playing well as we need a decent keeper if we're to win anything, but people are getting a tad carried away imo. if it were cech or the like those saves would have been deemed as routine. perhaps a sign of just how bad our goalkeepers have been since seaman.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Myrmedus » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:57 am

True, but Cech is exceptional and experienced so using him as a benchmark is a tad unfair ^^.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ProudGooner » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:23 am

To be honest over the last 3-4 games fabianski has shown that he is improving. I think the improvement is coming from his confidence level rising. He always had the ability but now he is able to show it to us because his confidence level has increased.

He is young and will still make some mistakes but he has shown that he has the potential.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:38 am

Leody wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:I think probably the Ade save was my favourite because he was so close to the goal that Fab had no time to react.

The one where he was offside?

I liked that one, because he didn't quit on it. Even though it was fairly obvious that it was going to be called off, Fabianski didn't even think about that and made the play.

Yeah that's the one, great save from point blank range.
It's called playing to the whistle, something a lot of teams could learn from.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:40 am

Rockin' Robin wrote:
Alex Song completed more passes than Man City's midfield three in yesterday's game. Messrs De Jong, Toure & Barry funnelled 76 passes to team mates between them. Alex Song completed 78 passes.

And it's not as if he neglected his defensive duties, he got more challenges in (8) than any of the Man City three.

SML :hail:
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby mg86 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Massa wrote:
Rockin' Robin wrote:

SML :hail:

Hopefully this game marks the return of the Song we raved about last season. My things are falling together for us at the moment for a serious title bid run. :arsenal3: :arsenal3: :arsenal3:
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Massa » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Yeah most of our problems from last season are sorted:

Defensive depth (Squillaci, Koscielny) - check
Solid GK (Fabianski Image) - check
Brilliant partner for Song and Cesc (Wilshere) - check
More quality in the team (improvement of Nasri, Rosicky, Walcott, Wilshere) - check
Solid replacement for RVP (Chamakh) - check
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Leody » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:32 pm

gooneritis wrote:you know a goalkeepers shit when he makes a couple of decent saves and there's immediately a furore of excitement as if he'd become world class overnight.
he played well and made some important saves, but nothing that any half decent keeper shouldn't have made. its great to see him playing well as we need a decent keeper if we're to win anything, but people are getting a tad carried away imo. if it were cech or the like those saves would have been deemed as routine. perhaps a sign of just how bad our goalkeepers have been since seaman.

I said almost the exact same after the Belgrade match when people were raving about him. But the last couple of matches he really has shown top level ability. He's looked a completely different keeper.

I agree though, there's still alot that needs to be proven. But his games against Birmingham and City don't get any better no matter who is in goal. And I honestly believe that his first save at the start of the City match isn't made by most keepers in the game today. That save truly was top class. I hope we get to the point where that is expected from him though, because if that becomes routine then we will really have a top top class keeper.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11