Man City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 24/10/10

Re: Man City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 24/10/10

Postby ProudGooner » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:46 pm

beat spurs at home. they finished in the top 4.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Inchpractice wrote:As for the shooting I agree, Rosicky, Chamakh and Cesc had great opportunities to score and chose to pass instead with the chances coming to nothing.
Very frustrating to watch at times.

Arshavin basically had a 1v1 with Hart and opted to faff around and it came to nothing. That was the one that had me pulling my hair out. Thing is the Arshavin of 08/09 would have smashed it in without a second thought

starmandb wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:I fully expect Yorky to come on here bleating about something or other but karma is karma. They deserved to lose against Blackpool and won and we deserved something from the Chelsea game and lost. Balance has been restored

you only deserve something when your ball crosses the line more than the other team you only draw your breath for anything else

Well no that's not really true at all is it. What you deserve and what you get are often completely different but it's the same for everyone, which was my point
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jgaugust » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:56 pm

gunner2018 wrote:
Leody wrote:
gunner2018 wrote:
jgaugust wrote:
starmandb wrote:
jgaugust wrote:Absolutely phenomenal result. That's the biggest three points the club have had in 2 seasons. Absolute turning point in the season and now we just have to track down C$KA London.

Up the Arse!

far too much made about us not winning big games
08/09
man utd [h] 2-1
chelsea[a] 2-1

Right. So it's been two seasons since those games...

Beat pool home and away last season?

We should be able to pull the double on mid-table sides... :lol:

Only managed a point against City last season if thats the case ;)

Pool and the Scum were never title contenders. City looked to be mounting a charge, especially after beating Chelsea. First time we've beaten a real top-4 team in two seasons. That's why it's the most important win for us in two seasons.
jgaugust
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby jgaugust » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Um...how on earth are we not leading MOTD2? The f**k are United-Stoke doing up there? Garbage.
jgaugust
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:08 pm

jgaugust wrote:Um...how on earth are we not leading MOTD2? The f**k are United-Stoke doing up there? Garbage.

I wonder if they'll do a special called 'Heaven and Hell with Lucas Fabianski'?

:grin:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:09 pm

gunner2018 wrote:
jgaugust wrote:
starmandb wrote:
jgaugust wrote:Absolutely phenomenal result. That's the biggest three points the club have had in 2 seasons. Absolute turning point in the season and now we just have to track down C$KA London.

Up the Arse!

far too much made about us not winning big games
08/09
man utd [h] 2-1
chelsea[a] 2-1

Right. So it's been two seasons since those games...

Beat pool home and away last season?

spurs and villa[h] 3-0 both were in the top 4 at the time
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:36 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:As for the shooting I agree, Rosicky, Chamakh and Cesc had great opportunities to score and chose to pass instead with the chances coming to nothing.
Very frustrating to watch at times.

Arshavin basically had a 1v1 with Hart and opted to faff around and it came to nothing. That was the one that had me pulling my hair out. Thing is the Arshavin of 08/09 would have smashed it in without a second thought

starmandb wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:I fully expect Yorky to come on here bleating about something or other but karma is karma. They deserved to lose against Blackpool and won and we deserved something from the Chelsea game and lost. Balance has been restored

you only deserve something when your ball crosses the line more than the other team you only draw your breath for anything else

Well no that's not really true at all is it. What you deserve and what you get are often completely different but it's the same for everyone, which was my point

l take your point mate but i hate to hear us moan or gloat
we are the arsenal and better than that
starmandb

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:42 pm

Watching MOTD2 I had forgotten just how many world class saves Fab made. I counted four just from their brief highlights.

:clap:

:hail: :hail:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:55 pm

Fair play since the penalty save vs Partizan fabianski has gone from strength to strength. It has really been massive to restore his confidence and he can only get better imo.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Rockin' Robin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:03 am

Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby golfinguy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:26 am

Great result, but far from in hand until late. We were sloppy for much of the match, somewhat frustrating when playing against 10 too. Should have been put away sooner. City showed some great spirit - if 11v11 it would have been a hell of a match.

Fabianski just loose the Flappy title? Wow - he was huge!
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mg86 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:33 am

Inchpractice wrote:Watching MOTD2 I had forgotten just how many world class saves Fab made. I counted four just from their brief highlights.

:clap:

:hail: :hail:

The second diving save on Silva across goal was epic. Lucasz makes Almunia look like absolute crap atm.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ProudGooner » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:31 am

There are articles in the paper about cesc having a dig at city saying that we would have beaten city if we were 11 vs 15.

Now i saw the interview with Cesc and in it he was asked did it make it a bit difficult for you to go and attack and play your normal way after city had gone down to 10 men? And Cesc said it makes no difference even if they were 15 and we were 11 we would have still played the same way.

This is what he meant. Sky took the interview and then later sky print an article claiming cesc taunts city. No wonder players and managers dont like talking to these muppetts
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby mg86 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:51 pm

golfinguy wrote:Great result, but far from in hand until late. We were sloppy for much of the match, somewhat frustrating when playing against 10 too. Should have been put away sooner. City showed some great spirit - if 11v11 it would have been a hell of a match.

Fabianski just loose the Flappy title? Wow - he was huge!

We had only a few lapses on defense where Richards or Silva got in a dangerous position becuase of bad positioning. Regardless we had Fabianski's beastness. With 11, I would give City a goal in this one, however Cesc could have made the penalty, we could have subbed on Walcott/Bendy earlier, we could have subbed Denilson off for someone else who wouldn't have to be as cautious defending at midfield. There are too many variables to deduce who "really" would have won 11 v 11, but if you argue City could have gotten more goals, you would have to also argue that we could have too.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:10 pm

ProudGooner wrote:There are articles in the paper about cesc having a dig at city saying that we would have beaten city if we were 11 vs 15.

Now i saw the interview with Cesc and in it he was asked did it make it a bit difficult for you to go and attack and play your normal way after city had gone down to 10 men? And Cesc said it makes no difference even if they were 15 and we were 11 we would have still played the same way.

This is what he meant. Sky took the interview and then later sky print an article claiming cesc taunts city. No wonder players and managers dont like talking to these muppetts

I saw the title of that article. I didn't bother reading it as I knew it Fabregas wouldn't talk so much crap.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11