Arsenal Vs Birmingham | Premiership 16/10/10

Re: Arsenal Vs Birmingham | Premiership 16/10/10

Postby ProudGooner » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:32 pm

Diaby was ok.

He did his normal tricks of keeping the ball but 0 end product.

All of the good play he produced really came to nothing. It didnt create a goal or he didnt score a goal.

Infact I found him very frustrating. He would make a good run go all the way upto the box and then instead of taking a shot just stop and then turn his body and pass it to the full backs and the chance would come to nothing.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Massa » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Was Walcott or Bendtner or the bench?
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:45 pm

Pretty much bang on for me PG 2.0.

Both were Massa, only Nick came on though.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SuperDumbassman » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Rockin' Robin wrote:Nah, I don't see it.

Just saw the penalty again... he went down theatrically but he was definitely clipped and IMO it was a foul?

*Sigh*

It was a dive. He is a diving c***. Who cares if he was "clipped"? Any honest player would've stayed on their feet.

By all means keep banging the goals in Chamakh, just stop f***ing diving.
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby ProudGooner » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:29 pm

I cannot believe it. How these MOTD muppetts were defending Wilshere.

I do not remember them ever defend an Arsenal player like that. Unbelieveable.

Only cause he is english.

Btw I dont think Chamakh dived. If you look at it again that liar (who swore on his gf's life that he didnt touch him) Dan took a full swipe and missed, but he got chamakhs foot when he was just about to plant it, he lost his balance and fell.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ProudGooner » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:30 pm

Also nice of Wilshere to come out an apologise publicly.

Others only apologise when they have broken someone's leg.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby SuperDumbassman » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:45 pm

You can't possibly defend Chamakh's dive there, surely? It was Drogba-esque. No losing of balance was involved. If it had been Drogba we'd be abusing the shit out of him.
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Goose » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:45 pm

Definitely wasnt a dive, Dann I think it was, lunged out and sweeped Chamakhs foot as he was going around him.

MC may have been a little theatrical, but it was still a foul

On a side note, that was the 4th penalty he has won for us so far, if he had taken all our penalties, he could possibly be on 10+ goals for us

He has also had 3 players sent off
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby ProudGooner » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:52 pm

SuperDumbassman wrote:You can't possibly defend Chamakh's dive there, surely? It was Drogba-esque. No losing of balance was involved. If it had been Drogba we'd be abusing the shit out of him.

Ok so if youre running and i kick your foot while you are about to plant it on the floor you will not lose your balance and fall????
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ProudGooner » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:53 pm

Goose wrote:Definitely wasnt a dive, Dann I think it was, lunged out and sweeped Chamakhs foot as he was going around him.

On a side note, that was the 4th penalty he has won for us so far, if he had taken all our penalties, he could possibly be on 10+ goals for us

Event MOTD "pundits" admitted it was a penalty.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby SuperDumbassman » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:54 pm

If you kicked my foot as hard as Dann kicked Chamakhs, then no, definitely not. He's soft.
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Est83 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:49 pm

ProudGooner wrote:Diaby was ok.

He did his normal tricks of keeping the ball but 0 end product.

All of the good play he produced really came to nothing. It didnt create a goal or he didnt score a goal.

Infact I found him very frustrating. He would make a good run go all the way upto the box and then instead of taking a shot just stop and then turn his body and pass it to the full backs and the chance would come to nothing.

The team produced 0 end product to be fair. Wilshere seemed the only player capable of making anything happen. Shame he's out for three matches, we're just lucky Cesc is back for citeh!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:45 am

Goose wrote:Definitely wasnt a dive, Dann I think it was, lunged out and sweeped Chamakhs foot as he was going around him.

I think it was both a dive and a penalty. He was looking for it big time and went down like a flying sack of potatoes, but there was still enough contact to trip him up.

I just wish he wouldn't fling his arms in the air like a nancy boy
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby golfinguy » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:23 am

My GF was laughing at me screaming at the TV "shoot! shoot the f***ing ball!!!" half the game :biggrin: Thankfully Rosicky gave it a shot when he came on.

Diaby was very impressive in his control, skills, getting into dangerous areas... then doing little with it. I'm not sure anyone else would have been as good at the moves he made to create space. I am also sure that anyone else would have done more once there. So its hard to say someone else would have done better, as they would not have accomplished the first part nearly as well to even get to the second.

Wilshere was wonderful. One poor tackle threatens to ruin his day though. I've tried to remain level headed about someone so young, but he was fantastic. Seems better with every game. The games out may do him good though, he'll be wondering if he'll get back into the starting IX (Cesc is back, Ramsey not far off) and fight for it.

Once again though, we were left watching two center backs try to defend alone. Where is the rest of the team FFS?? This is never going to change until Wenger starts barking up their asses about defending. And it seems he never will. Its simple, when we do not have the ball, EVERYONE is a defender.

And the penalty... a weak one, but technically still a penalty. Part of me thinks he was going down before contact and looking for a call, but there appears to be contact nonetheless. Much like Almunia on Rooney last year - Rooney was going down already but Almunia gave him the penalty by touching him.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Danny-K- » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:25 am

Driving back from the game yesterday I was incensed listening to Robbie Savage & the rest of the five live tossers. They didn't give a hoot about how Arsenal managed to pick themselves up from being a goal behind to produce, I thought, a good defensive performance. All they did was concentrate on Wilsheres tackle & 'hypocritical' Wenger. It was a bad tackle, the lad got sent off & Wenger admitted as such. What MORE is there to bloody say..????

Did anyone see football first last night? We were also 'blessed' with punditry from none other than that blue-nose w****r Trevor Francis who spent the whole game drooling over Birmingham & slating Arsenal. I am sick to death of listening to biased commentary on supposedly non-biased coverage. Once again its same old cheating Arsenal against the poor old underdogs. Funny how Savage/Francis never said a word about Eduardo's injury....

Lets hear some UNBIASED commentry from UNBIASED commentators before I have to shell out on a smashed up car stereo/TV. :BangHead:

Teel you what, though, Wilshere was awesome, Diaby brilliant/frustrating, Arshavin annonymous (again) & Chamakh 'developing'..!

We didn't think he would play on Sunday because he was suspended - that makes me think he has all the qualities to join Arsenal!
Arsene Wenger
Danny-K-
Patrick Vieira

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11