Partizan Belgrade Vs Arsenal | Champions League 28/09/10

Re: Partizan Belgrade Vs Arsenal | Champions League 28/09/10

Postby Leody » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:23 pm

Est83 wrote:Our goalkeeper situation is shambolic, but Wenger has faith in Flappy for a reason, he's obviously seen something we haven't... everyone developes at different rates afterall! Flappy COULD BE a great keeper, we're all hoping, but no-one is expecting.

You didn't consider the option that Wenger knows f**k all about goal keepers... :dontknow:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Leody wrote:
Est83 wrote:Our goalkeeper situation is shambolic, but Wenger has faith in Flappy for a reason, he's obviously seen something we haven't... everyone developes at different rates afterall! Flappy COULD BE a great keeper, we're all hoping, but no-one is expecting.

You didn't consider the option that Wenger knows f**k all about goal keepers... :dontknow:

Lol, I actually posted something about that months ago. I said something along the lines of I love the man (Wenger) despite his obvious flaws... the biggest one being his clear lack of ability in identifying good keepers and good CB's... Then TV turned out to be immense, and Kos and Squillace look very promising, so he's shut me up there.

I wonder who identified Mannone and Szczesny... anyone know?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:36 pm

ProudGooner wrote:sarcasm? why would people go to the length of making graphics about fabianski being number 1, putting it in their signature just to be sarcastic?

Are you a complete wally? :dizzy:

Jokes and sarcasm are clearly wasted on you....

Fabianski does not approve, but he still smiles on your soul.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Popey » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:02 pm

I still think flappy has the potential but he's just to nervous.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby mg86 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:18 am

Leody wrote:

Do not engage Leody about fabianski, that is all.

Once again, our defense for yet another season, remains a weakness. We have two defenders who are damn good at defending in Sagna and Vermy, but then just a shaky 2nd cb in Kos or Squill and then your pick of two lbs who are good going forward but not particularly strong defensively. How does anyone seriously expect our situation to improve at the back when Gallas is sold and two players worse than him are brought in :dizzy:
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Leody » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:38 am

mg86 wrote:
Leody wrote:

Do not engage Leody about fabianski, that is all.

Once again, our defense for yet another season, remains a weakness. We have two defenders who are damn good at defending in Sagna and Vermy, but then just a shaky 2nd cb in Kos or Squill and then your pick of two lbs who are good going forward but not particularly strong defensively. How does anyone seriously expect our situation to improve at the back when Gallas is sold and two players worse than him are brought in :dizzy:

I will admit that Fabianski has show me more than I had ever expected to see out of him in his last few matches. He had a decent game against Belgrade, wasn't really called on to do much, but answered the call. Had one minor blunder when he dropped a ball he left his line to collect, but nothing came of it as Sagna was there to clear. Had a nice save at the close, nothing spectacular, but very nice.

I would say against Chelsea he more or less played flawlessly, but again, wasn't REALLY tested. Was meat an potatoes kind of tasks he faced, and he did what he could. Nobody was saving the two goals we allowed.

Then there was this week against Birmingham... that was not the same Fabianski out there. He's been abducted by aliens and replaced with somebody that knows how to keep. That was the first time I have ever seen him come out and command his area. He had a couple of very nice crosses that he cleared very well, he was quick to come off his line and collect the ball the whole game. Top top game there.

He had shown nothing in any of his previous starts that would have ever led me to believe he was capable of the type of performance he had against Birmingham. Now most people are not going to think as highly of his performance that match because he didn't have any really flash saves, but it was probably the best performance I've seen from an Arsenal keeper since Mannone against Fulham last year. Hats off to him, I hope he makes me eat my words and I hope he continues to play like he has been.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby dunkdafunk » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:54 am

i think we all hope fabianski continues to play as good as he did agaisnt brum.
I doubt wenger will get another keeper in jan, regardless.
If he was going to address the situation he would have put a half decent offer in for Schwarzer.
Sometimes players need to have the responsibility thrust at them before they can step up and earn the right to the spot on the pitch week in week out.
I hope fabianski plays well in many more matches befor we let Alumnia back in the side.
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby mg86 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:05 pm

I dont' want Almunia ever playing another game for us. If Wenger simply slots him right back in after the way Fabianski has been playing he is a dumbass when it comes to keepers, our keeper's coach is an idiot for not speaking to him about it and Fabianski will probably be screwed eternally in the head for it. Prob will happen though, just like Diaby straight starting when fit, regardless of the other legion of midfielders we have who want to have a go.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11