Sébastien Squillaci

Re: Sébastien Squillaci

Postby singaporegooner » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:11 am

IMF wrote:No. I want to see some of that promised monies spent. I want proof from the board and management that we ain't broke ass beeyatches.

I want us to sign Messi now now NOWWWWwwwwWWWwwww!!

:crazy:
In Arsene We Trust!!
Predicitions League 08/09 Winner
singaporegooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TRA Dial Square » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:53 am

When's this getting moved to the first team area? lol
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ayN » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:22 am

When he's announced on arsenal.com I guess.
Wenger please go away
ayN
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Sébastien Squillaci

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:03 am

Really glad we signed him and am looking forward to seeing it on Arsenal.com, but one thing that needs clarification is the whole whether he will be first choice question.

I believe he should be first choice because his experience and style would bring something much needed to our backline.

On the other hand if Kollosus puts in another good display against a very tough Blackburn side, then i don't think its entirely fair to drop him...

One thing i know for sure is that Squillaci did not come here to warm the bench or fight for a place, he wants to start...

We will soon know, just can't help think the defensive signings were done in the wrong order.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ProudGooner » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:11 am

IMF wrote:I was thinking the same thing GG... he does let it slip now and then when he thinks he got an absolute bargain. This just really proves though that we've spend f*ck all monies this window yet again...

I too think that quote is added.

I heard the same quote from 20 different sources, even heard the interview on the BBC but there was no mention of 4 million euros.

And we never reveal the amount. I have never heard Wenger mention the amount he has paid for any player.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ProudGooner » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:21 am

Jay22 wrote:Doesn't matter if he spent money or not or got it from player transfers. He got the two CBs we all prayed for, good enough. :)

Like you said earlier. We will have to wait to see whether this was good enough.

But I am really concerned about our GK situation. Why is he so stubborn. We have had 2 games this season and already Almunia looks so dodgy. I really think we need a strong commanding goalkeeper. I dont think our CB's have any confidence in Almunia. They still dont seem to have an understanding with him. I fear there is another blunder waiting to happen against blackburn.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:57 am

GunnGunn wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:I find it hard to believe that he quoted the price, I think they've added that bit on.
He never mentions the amount publicly.

He did with Diarra...
Yeah he did but only because some hack in the press conference claimed we paid £6m for him which clearly pressed Arsene's buttons. :grin:

Jay22 wrote:Let's wait and see how he is when he plays and then decide if it's a bargain or a stupid mistake. :hiding:
Good point.

Plymouth Gooner wrote:So we got koscielny AND squillaci for roughly the same amount utd paid just for smalling?
I like the way you think.

IMF wrote:Wasn't Kozzer only £6mill up front? Same price we sold Eduardo for...

Squidger cost us what we were supposed to get for O Jay Simpson + Traore

No monies spent.
Simples.
O Jay Simpson. Nice. :grin:

GunnGunn wrote:Really glad we signed him and am looking forward to seeing it on Arsenal.com, but one thing that needs clarification is the whole whether he will be first choice question.

I believe he should be first choice because his experience and style would bring something much needed to our backline.

On the other hand if Kollosus puts in another good display against a very tough Blackburn side, then i don't think its entirely fair to drop him...

One thing i know for sure is that Squillaci did not come here to warm the bench or fight for a place, he wants to start...

We will soon know, just can't help think the defensive signings were done in the wrong order.

Yeah it's going to be interesting to see that unfold.
Normally when we buy a player it's fairly obvious whether he's going to start or not by his age, but Kolossus is older than Djourou and clearly a good player.
In a way I'm glad that the Squirrel is not 'ready' to play on Saturday because it gives us another chance to look at Kos against decent opposition.

I would guess that Squidders will start because he's not quite old enough to be bench fodder like Sol and Tweety were, and you don't leave a starting berth at Sevilla to sit on the bench.
But then on the other hand Kos looks too good to be on the bench as well....

Ah well, I guess the worst case scenario is that we'll have quality backing up quality for the first time in.....ever!
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:18 am

Not bad, he signed after only 31 pages of speculation!

This thread will be locked shortly.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby FrustratedGooner » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:24 am

I think we have a beautiful problem as we have 3 class centre backs it's good cas we can rest one then play another or many wenger is so convinced alumina is useless he scrapping the defence and going 3-4-3 with3 cb there we go everyonehappylol.
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Previous

Return to 18. Sebastien Squillaci