Sébastien Squillaci

Re: Sébastien Squillaci

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Yeah someone posted that vid on another site I go to... Someone's already got him listed as our new player.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:17 pm

I guess its safe to say that at least we know old stubborn skint Wenger is trying to fill the positions we all know we need, now its another thing to actually do it. So come on professor sort it out for us please. :pray:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gunnerdres » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:26 pm

he's a good player, he was part of the a.s. monaco side that played in 2004 champions league final.
gunnerdres
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:09 pm

How exactly do they value him that high when Carvalho only went for £6m?
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby IMF » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:25 pm

They value him for higher than what they bought him for when he was 28...
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby Gould » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:29 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:How exactly do they value him that high when Carvalho only went for £6m?

that was good business for madrid.
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby golfinguy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:44 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:How exactly do they value him that high when Carvalho only went for £6m?

They know we have the money.

Not that I fully support the frugality of Wenger's dealings, but right now clubs know we have money and know we need CBs - we are in a poor negociating position. They are going to try to rape us. Best thing to do is put out a bid for a different player right away, remind them that we can go elsewhere any moment.

Need to stop pissing about though - tick tock, tick tock. :disgust:
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:12 pm

According to reports, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger wants to reinforce his defensive department as promised but to do it he’s not ready to splash the cash.

In a club statement released by Sevilla Fútbol Club of Spain, it is made public that the Gunners have made an official offer for 30-year old defender Sébastien Squillaci, but according to Marca, sporting director Ramón Rodríguez said that the offer made is not high enough to see the two parties reach an agreement.

The Club statement reads:

Sébastien Squillaci’s future is in the air. As was confirmed by sporting director Ramón Rodríguez at the airport in Porto, the club have received an offer from Arsenal. The player asked coaches not to play him in the match.

Sporting director Ramón Rodríguez is quoted as saying by Marca:

The player asked not to play because of the offer from such a big team but, for the moment, we believe the offer is insufficient and Squillaci is still a Sevilla player.

Meanwhile, Cagliari’s Massimo Cellino has revealed that Arsenal, Fulham and Aston Villa have all made bids for 27-year old goalkeeper Federico Marchetti of Italy but also in this case the offer made by the Gunners was too low and was turned down. It is believed that the Gunners offered £5m but Cagliari want £12m.

Cellino said:

Arsenal, Fulham and Aston Villa have tabled bids in the past, but the deal won’t go through because no club is willing to pay the right price for our asset.

In their attempt to get back to winning ways in England and Europe, Arsenal signed Marouane Chamakh from Bordeaux for free and Laurent Koscielny from Lorient for a reported sum of £9.7m but are still short at the back after losing William Gallas, Sol Campbell, Mikael Silvestre and Philippe Senderos this summer.

http://www.thegunninghawk.com/2010/08/1 ... igh-enough
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Sevilla have warned Arsenal they are not about to let France international Sebastien Squillaci leave in a cut-price deal.

The centre-back did not feature in last night's Champions League play-off against Braga in Portugal, with sporting director Ramon Rodriguez confirming the 30-year-old had been asked to be left out so as not to be cup-tied after hearing of Arsenal's offer.

Sevilla are believed to want around £6.5million for the former Lyon centre-back, part of Les Bleus' ill-fated World Cup squad in South Africa, but it would appear the Gunners have not yet matched that valuation.

Another stumbling block to completing any deal is likely to be the length of contract, with Arsenal usually only offering one-year contracts to senior players, although that was waived when veteran Mikael Silvestre signed from Manchester United in 2008.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 58751.html
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:18 pm

6.5 mil is peanuts, sort it out Gazidis!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:33 pm

ChVint22 wrote:6.5 mil is peanuts, sort it out Gazidis!!

Yeah, Gazidis is supposed to be good at negotiating, so far all he seems to be able to do is offer about 5m less than the asking price and then say 'sorry not interrested' when the offer is rejected. I could do that, what exactly are we paying Gazidis for?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:38 pm

According to the transfer dude on SSN. It's not just the asking price but also the "1yr contract" rule Wenger has for players 30+.

But he reckons it's def gonna happen still.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:40 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:

Yeah, Gazidis is supposed to be good at negotiating, so far all he seems to be able to do is offer about 5m less than the asking price and then say 'sorry not interrested' when the offer is rejected. I could do that, what exactly are we paying Gazidis for?

I have a feeling that tight wad Wenger has a say in some of this stuff too and its not all just Gazidis. :disgust:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby IMF » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:41 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:

Shhh... he's just an overhyped bald git who concentrates 100% on commercial aspects and keeping the fans happy with little things here and there. He knows f*ck all about negotiating proper deals. They had a wage cap in the US... I'm sure it was much easier there.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:45 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:

I have a feeling that tight wad Wenger has a say in some of this stuff too and its not all just Gazidis. :disgust:

Some? This is Arsene Wenger FC. The tea lady can't boil the kettle without his approval.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to 18. Sebastien Squillaci