Predictions League chat

Post your prediction for the upcoming matches. Rules and info inside.

Re: Predictions League chat

Postby Zenith » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:53 am

Goonerred wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Zenith wrote:
#ST wrote:Also, I just want to make sure I know how this works, CrimsonGunner has Own Goal as first goal for the next match. Does that count as a point regardless of who scored the own goal? I thought it didnt work like that so I just want to make sure.

That's how the original rule says.

Though, in my opinion, it's way too difficult to predict an own goal, as well as the scorer of that own goal.

If the participants agree I'm more than willing to remove the latter because, as it stands, the incentive isn't there.

Goonerred wrote:I don't know how to do this.

You predict the final score and the player who you think will score the first goal of the game.

That's it. :D

On another board there was a special place for it, that's what I meant smartie pants. Not very technical this one then?

What do you mean by 'special place'?

Btw, you've forgotten to name your scorer. :frogwink:

It was in a separate section with all sorts of boxes and grids and columns. You had to upload it all at the end of each match with your predictions, I forgot to do that half the time. I couldn't find the thread half the time, maybe basic is good. :) Did I even predict a score?

You can edit your comment and add a first scorer.

Shortcut » viewtopic.php?f=15&t=105217#p1972539
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby #ST » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:20 am

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Zenith wrote:
#ST wrote:CrimsonGunner got 3 points for predicting Arsenal 2 - 0 Chelsea?

Oops! Thanks for pointing that out. Error rectified.

Normally when I’m confident we won’t win I usually predict a draw but I was more confident of a loss this time that I posted a win for us.

Were it not for the fact that I said I will never predict a loss for Arsenal Show the spoiler
(you can look through my prediction history and see that I have not once predicted a loss for us), I would have actually posted a 2, nil loss here. It’s why I had Werner has the first scorer.

with all that said, I’m fine not getting any points because it’s a rule I imposed on myself

Hmm, seems like a handicap. For me, predicting a loss is no problem, I will always celebrate a win regardless if I get points on here for it or not.

Goonerred wrote:I'll have to catch up, Brentford 2 Arsenal 0 Canós, Nørgaard .Arsenal 0 Chelsea 2 Lukaka, James

West Brom 0 Arsenal 1.

You can predict the upcoming match Arsenal has in the sub forum 'Arsenal Forum -> Prediction League'. Each match has its own topic and you can edit your prediction until the last minute ( I usually edit after I see the lineup/if the player I predicted isnt on the pitch I change the first goalscorer )

So for your WBA - Arsenal prediction you go here -> viewtopic.php?f=15&t=105217. You already posted 0-1 but you can edit and add your first goal scorer. Lets say you put Aubameyang now, but he is not on the pitch, you can edit and change it to whoever later, up until the match starts. You can also predict first goal scorer of WBA and still have 0-1. For example what CrimsonGunner11 did, basically he had 2 chances of getting points -> If Werner scored first goal he would earn 1 point. But if Arsenal won 0-2 he would get 3.

This topic where we are posting right now is for everything EXCEPT your actual prediction lol.

Zenith wrote:
#ST wrote:Also, I just want to make sure I know how this works, CrimsonGunner has Own Goal as first goal for the next match. Does that count as a point regardless of who scored the own goal? I thought it didnt work like that so I just want to make sure.

Though, in my opinion, it's way too difficult to predict an own goal, as well as the scorer of that own goal.

If the participants agree I'm more than willing to remove the latter because, as it stands, the incentive isn't there.

Agreed! But you should also be able to predict 0-0 NO GOAL SCORER for 4 points. IMO.
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @09-03-'24 = 2 - 1 Brentford
Next game @03-04-'24 = VS Luton [ Block 121 - Seat 847 ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby Goonerred » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:21 am

#ST wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Zenith wrote:

Normally when I’m confident we won’t win I usually predict a draw but I was more confident of a loss this time that I posted a win for us.

Were it not for the fact that I said I will never predict a loss for Arsenal Show the spoiler
(you can look through my prediction history and see that I have not once predicted a loss for us), I would have actually posted a 2, nil loss here. It’s why I had Werner has the first scorer.

with all that said, I’m fine not getting any points because it’s a rule I imposed on myself

Hmm, seems like a handicap. For me, predicting a loss is no problem, I will always celebrate a win regardless if I get points on here for it or not.

Goonerred wrote:I'll have to catch up, Brentford 2 Arsenal 0 Canós, Nørgaard .Arsenal 0 Chelsea 2 Lukaka, James

West Brom 0 Arsenal 1.

You can predict the upcoming match Arsenal has in the sub forum 'Arsenal Forum -> Prediction League'. Each match has its own topic and you can edit your prediction until the last minute ( I usually edit after I see the lineup/if the player I predicted isnt on the pitch I change the first goalscorer )

So for your WBA - Arsenal prediction you go here -> viewtopic.php?f=15&t=105217. You already posted 0-1 but you can edit and add your first goal scorer. Lets say you put Aubameyang now, but he is not on the pitch, you can edit and change it to whoever later, up until the match starts. You can also predict first goal scorer of WBA and still have 0-1. For example what CrimsonGunner11 did, basically he had 2 chances of getting points -> If Werner scored first goal he would earn 1 point. But if Arsenal won 0-2 he would get 3.

This topic where we are posting right now is for everything EXCEPT your actual prediction lol.

Zenith wrote:

Agreed! But you should also be able to predict 0-0 NO GOAL SCORER for 4 points. IMO.

Yes, I know, it was a joke seeing as how the matches have been played and I know the scorers.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby #ST » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:39 am

Goonerred wrote:
#ST wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Zenith wrote:

West Brom 0 Arsenal 1.

Zenith wrote:

Yes, I know, it was a joke seeing as how the matches have been played and I know the scorers.

I checked your prediction and saw you only predicted 0-1. Would be a waste if you dont pick a player for first goal as well! Those bonus points add up over time!
Wembley:

Emirates Stadium:
#ST

Postby Goonerred » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:42 am

#ST wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
#ST wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Zenith wrote:

West Brom 0 Arsenal 1.

Zenith wrote:

I checked your prediction and saw you only predicted 0-1. Would be a waste if you dont pick a player for first goal as well! Those bonus points add up over time!

It's a bit tricky when we don't know what the team selection will be like.
Goonerred

Postby #ST » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:53 am

Yeah, its up to you. Ofcourse, you can just wait until 1 hour prior and then edit your first goal scorer. Just wanted to give you some friendly advise, incase you forget, you could have one now and decide later to keep it or not.
Wembley:

Emirates Stadium:
#ST

Postby Goonerred » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:57 am

#ST wrote:Yeah, its up to you. Ofcourse, you can just wait until 1 hour prior and then edit your first goal scorer. Just wanted to give you some friendly advise, incase you forget, you could have one now and decide later to keep it or not.

OK, cheers.
Goonerred

Postby Angelito » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:44 pm

Phil71 wrote:0-5 Aubameyang

Nearly perfect, Phil. ;)
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby VCC » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:26 am

Maintaining my high standards still on 0 points
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:51 am

#ST wrote:Agreed! But you should also be able to predict 0-0 NO GOAL SCORER for 4 points. IMO.

I wouldn't be against this. Having said that, we shouldn't introduce a new rule during an ongoing competition.

Feel free to create a poll. If the poll results show the participants are in favour of the proposal, the new rule can go into effect at the start of next season.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:20 am

Angelito wrote:
Phil71 wrote:0-5 Aubameyang

Nearly perfect, Phil. ;)

Yes! Damn Lacazette and that 6th goal. :P
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby #ST » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:07 am

:( I was so close. Said 4-0 but it ended up 5-0 =(

F off already Arteta
Wembley:

Emirates Stadium:
#ST

Postby #ST » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:55 am

#ST wrote:Arsenal: 4
Sunderland: 1
Balogun

SOOOOOOOOO CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE

Im happy that kid scored though what a f***ing debute but it was SO CLOSE <_<
Wembley:

Emirates Stadium:
#ST

Postby Goonerred » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:57 am

VCC wrote:Maintaining my high standards still on 0 points
#
I reckon I have zero points but where do you find out?
Goonerred

Postby Zenith » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:24 pm

Goonerred wrote:
VCC wrote:Maintaining my high standards still on 0 points
#
I reckon I have zero points but where do you find out?

Old comment, Goonerred. VVC is now 2nd with 8 points.

You're doing well too in joint-6th.

Table - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=105237
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Predictions League