Flop team

Qualification and finally the tournament itself in Poland and Ukraine. All talk about it in here including live match chat.

Re: Flop team

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Herrpoja wrote:he has never had any fitness problems so why now? you are just assuming that he is burnt out you dont know that so stop saying it is so. 46 games over 10 months thats 4,6 games over 30 days a month, stop acting like he played 10 games a month and hardly managed playing at the end

Seriously? Are you talking about the same Van Persie? :dizzy:
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:21 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:The whole Dutch team has been a monumental flop! The bookies will have made an absolute fortune from them!!

I'd say Ashley Young has flopped, becuase going into this tournament, he was on fire for England and Man Utd but has done nothing that I've really noticed for England so far.

Agreed, him and Milner have been proper substandard.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Herrpoja » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:25 pm

oh wops, i meant he has never had any difficult with getting back to fitness or had any problems cause of his condition that he couldent play a whole game.

not meaning he has not had any problems with injury
Herrpoja
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Kyle? » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:25 pm

Zedie wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:The whole Dutch team has been a monumental flop! The bookies will have made an absolute fortune from them!!

I'd say Ashley Young has flopped, becuase going into this tournament, he was on fire for England and Man Utd but has done nothing that I've really noticed for England so far.

Yet both start tonight, ahead of The Ox and Theo.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zedie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:27 pm

Herrpoja wrote:mr sports science you know rvp was given a special holiday during the winter break right?.
and have you seen his body he is fit as hell he aint no arshavin so rvp can play regulary without any problems.

43+3 apps thats not even close to what players like özil, ronaldo, (48 and 53 games)why arent they burnt out then?

you act like vanpersie has ever been good at an international tournament for gods sake 2010 he had 16 shots only 6 on target and 1 goal and he played 600 minutes (599 actually) that means each 37.5 minutes he shoots the ball and only approx once a game he hits the target. thats f***ing horrible for a so called worldclass striker. he also had less passes then suarez,cavani,forlan only 32 more passes then rooney even though he played 3 more games, and also 153 less passes then messi.

he has never showed up like he does for us for holland so it's not cause he is burnt out.

we dont even play a style of football that is hard on your body we don't even try to pressure teams when they have the ball like barcelona does , we dont make incisive runs all the time.

he has never had any fitness problems so why now? you are just assuming that he is burnt out you dont know that so stop saying it is so. 46 games over 10 months thats 4,6 games over 30 days a month, stop acting like he played 10 games a month and hardly managed playing at the end

Ozil and ronaldo have never had the sustained injury problems rvp has so comparing them is pointless fitnes wise. Also, rvp played pants but half of it was because of the attackers around him. He's not the focal point for holland he is for us, so he's always going to get more opportunities with us than with the national team.

Plus, holland as a team are always in turmoil, it kicks off every tournament. Robbed told van mareijk to shut up during the last game ffs, how is rvp going to perform with dickheads like that supplying him?

I'm just hoping that this might be a stark reminder that you may be able to play for another team with more talented players, but the grass still might not be greener on the other side.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:14 am

VulgarDisplayofAttackingPower wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Yet both start tonight, ahead of The Ox and Theo.

Milner isn't a winger any more.

I think he's playing there as he is probably the best at helping out on the defensive side of things. We lack a right winger who can get back these days.

I'm not saying Milner is the right option but I do prefer Walcott coming off the bench and running at tired defenders.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Maxduke » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:54 am

Agreed.^

Ashley Young definitely deserves a spot in this, I saw loads of people saying this tournament could be Young's chance to go to the next level and really step up but he's done the opposite, by far the worst player in the 3 games and I'd genuinely rather play Big Andy at LM against Italy.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:40 pm

Benzema = biggest flop of the tournament
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:45 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Benzema = biggest flop of the tournament

I was just about to post something similar.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Agreed.

He was abysmal to say the least.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:50 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

Agreed.

He was abysmal to say the least.

+1
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:02 am

Agreed!

I had money on him being the top scorer too!
He jst seemed like he couldn't be arsed. Plodding about, playing passes and not following them. Adding to that he was supposed to be leading the line but most of the time was sitting back as a play maker.

Stupid French t**t.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Massa » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:59 am

Cech
VdWiel - Piszczek- xxx -Willems
xxx - VanBommel - xxx
Robben - Benzema - xxx
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby yosifun » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:10 am

I actually think Benzema's performance was a result of the way the French team played, he dropped to get the ball many times because the midfield didn't do the job.

IMO Blanc is to blame more than his players in this case, his 4-3-3 formation and style of play doesn't fit the players in his squad.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:48 am

I might be flamed for it but Szczesny was the worst goalie in the Euros by far [only based on euros]. Cech might have been dismal but at-least he managed to stay on the pitch and do his job.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Euro 2012