Holland to win Euro 2012

Qualification and finally the tournament itself in Poland and Ukraine. All talk about it in here including live match chat.

Re: Holland to win Euro 2012

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:Either way Germany are already through so its between 3 teams for one spot.

If Portugal and Denmark win it will go to GD as Denmark beat Germany to finish above them and Portugal beat Denmark to finish above them but Germany beat Portugal to finish above them.

That whole group is f***ked lol.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Holland to win Euro 2012

Postby elkanofan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
AZGooner wrote:Is head to head the tie breaker? Thought it was goal differential. Don't they have to beat Portugal 4-0 to advance?

Goes matches against each other first

If Holland win, they will go above Portugal due to the result. Then Denmark would need to be above Holland. But Portugal will need to be above Denmark. Due to that mess games against each other can't count (that's if Germany and Holland win).

So it will be on to GD. A 1-0 win for Holland would have both Holland and Germany would have Holland, Portugal and Denmark on -1 GD. It would then go to goals scored which would be Denmark 3 Portugal 3 Holland 1. If Holland win 2-0 their GD, Portugal's GD will be -2, Denmark's won't matter if they're beat.

That f***ked with my head trying to explain it. I hope it's clear enough and I think it's right. :lol:

well done.

So the question is i think if Holland win 1-0 and germany win 1-0 i think portugal go through since portugal will be dead level with Denmark on goal difference but go through on head to head.

It's if Holland win by more than a goal will ensure they go through. then again Denmark may get a draw against a relaxed Germany!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to UEFA Euro 2012