Eurostars

Qualification and finally the tournament itself in Poland and Ukraine. All talk about it in here including live match chat.

Re: Eurostars

Postby Maxduke » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Dejan wrote:First round team for me:

Tyton
Debuchy Hummels ??? ???
??? Sneijder Iniesta
Dzagoev Shevshenko Krohn-Dehli

I thought Willems did OK at LB for you but I'd give it to Coentrao who was probably Portugal's best player I thought, Lescott at CB, not just for his goal but I thought he made some good tackles and blocks too. Or if not Lescott then certainly De Rossi, he was a total beast against Spain, probably him ahead of Lescott actually. As for CM I'd go for 1 of the Danish 2, Zimling or Kvist.

LB: Coentrao, Willems
CB: De Rossi, Lescott, Agger, Kjaer
CM: Zimling, Kvist, Shirokov

Any of them would be worthy of a spot in my opinion.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Haven't seen any Italy games for a while... what the hell is De Rossi doing at CB? Do they have an injury crisis or something? They're Italy, surely they've got at least 2 quality CBs in the country?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Maxduke » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:51 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:Haven't seen any Italy games for a while... what the hell is De Rossi doing at CB? Do they have an injury crisis or something? They're Italy, surely they've got at least 2 quality CBs in the country?

Did you not see the game?

If you didn't they used 3 at the back and De Rossi played as a sweeper, he was probably the best player on the pitch too. Did great and the system seemed to suit them well.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:52 pm

didnt italy play 3-5-2 against spain?
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:27 pm

Maxduke wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:Haven't seen any Italy games for a while... what the hell is De Rossi doing at CB? Do they have an injury crisis or something? They're Italy, surely they've got at least 2 quality CBs in the country?

Did you not see the game?

If you didn't they used 3 at the back and De Rossi played as a sweeper, he was probably the best player on the pitch too. Did great and the system seemed to suit them well.

I thought he looked brilliant when facing six midfielders, then looked all at sea when Spain brought on a striker. Seemed to lose track of Torres a few times.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Fabrestuta » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Dejan wrote:didnt italy play 3-5-2 against spain?

They did indeed. Haven't seen teams use wingbacks like that in a long time and it seemed to confuse Spain at first.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to UEFA Euro 2012