Group B

Qualification and finally the tournament itself in Poland and Ukraine. All talk about it in here including live match chat.

Re: Group B

Postby yosifun » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:13 am

So sad to see how in 2 years Holland has gone from 2nd best team to van der shit.. what a waste.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooner_7890 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:51 am

Despite having so many gifted players in their team, Holland were very poor. The Dutch didn't seem to have any heart or fight in them and all in all, they simply didn't deserve to go through to the quarter-final stage.
gooner_7890
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:08 am

Elkano.. i had said you can never rule out the Ronaldo factor and you said meh..... lol

Still want to pick on his performance yesterday ? ;)
He was unstoppable yesterday..

There is always the first time. How could anybody write off a player of Ronaldo's caliber is beyond me.. He could have easily got 2-3 goals more on another day had it not been for the post and a powerful header which could have gone either side of the keeper on another day..
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:44 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Elkano.. i had said you can never rule out the Ronaldo factor and you said meh..... lol

Still want to pick on his performance yesterday ? ;)
He was unstoppable yesterday..

There is always the first time. How could anybody write off a player of Ronaldo's caliber is beyond me.. He could have easily got 2-3 goals more on another day had it not been for the post and a powerful header which could have gone either side of the keeper on another day..

Like against Denmark and Germany, who actually had some shape, where he just flattered to decieve as usual when things get tough? He's just boring, patetic, he only does it when handed to him on a plate. There's no way you can tell me in hell Holland played well defensivley in any regard.

Van der Weil was shocking, even for these days standards, awful! Stood off cristiano gave him so much space, no marking, no orgaisation, It was just SO easy for portugal yesterday, like i said, this is why i put money on them to win, holland where a total mess, portugals tactics would make it simple for the victory. He was the man who got the job done, like i said before, but not in the beautiful way i hoped, just holland rolled over for a rather low quality game.

Hollands defence was championship quality at best, it couldn't barley string 3 passes toghether to build attacks.

The great players used to take teams apart, no matter how well thet played. Cristiano is a vulture man, he preys on the weak, very mundane to watch, no finesee, all power, needs so much space to do anything. Used to love watch true quality like the great Ronaldo, Zidane, Rivaldo, etc.. who just destroyed teams without mercy, no matter if the other team played well.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:50 am

Yorkyblue wrote:
elkanofan wrote:thing is, notice how there aren't any great defenders anymore. kompany? thats it, pique is good but not special since he's not the best defending in a deep line, only in a high line.

It's hard for them, you can't use your strength as a defender and go in hard like you used to, all this diving also. Just too fake

I think defenders need to play as a unit to be class. Citys defence looked. All over without lescott. He came back and we stormed to the title looking strong at the back again. When kompany was out we looked shaky as well. Put them both together and its a rock. Very important to have 2 defenders who know each others game no matter how good or bad they are. Kompany can even. Be made to look average with someone else at the side of him.

these days man it's more than the back four sadly, its the back four, the DM and how much the entire midfield helps them. Belgiums back four on talent should one of the worlds elite, but they still concede many. Barry is very important for your team.

Just remember our invincible arsenal team, we played a 4-4-2, with the wide men cutting in, and cuntley overlapping with a front two who either dropped deep (Bergy) or drifted to the left wing (the king). The tactics weren't great but the team was so talented any system would had worked! Henry rrally did just rip teams apart mercilessly!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:47 pm

elkanofan wrote:

theres nothing we can do to change football directly, we change society, out with the elite and we will have a game for the people!!!

was a great game then is a great game now.
people will look at our 6-1 opening day win at everton in 40 years time and say they don,t make players like that anymore and it will be as spurious as it is today.
leeds were masters of gamesmanship,cheating diving,feighning injury,time wasting.
they could play but they would give you a pretty good kicking 1st
it was a golden age because of the rose tints.there was an awful lot of dull games as well it gets forgotten in the
[everything was better 20 mins ago world]
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Est83 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:11 pm

On Ronaldo, I'm not his biggest fan (infact I hate him) but his first goal was good. You could see that the missed chances were getting to him after the earlier blunders, a good first touch and he kept his head for that first goal... can't really fault him for it.

It did look like it'd be another one of those underperformances on the whole from him though... until Holland want to three at the back and effectively committed suicide!!!

I know they needed to win the game by two goals, but they were afraid to take off one of "the bigger" players, and that was just stupid. Holland only dominated for the first 15 minutes, after that it was even, although Portugal looked like they were edging it slightly. If Holland remained the dominant team, with the 2nd and 3rd goal not coming, then you could maybe understand switching to three at the back to force the issue. But Portugal were taking a foot-hold in the game, the game was becoming more open, and Nani and Ronaldo were becoming more influential... so what do you do? Go to three at the back and give Nani and Ronaldo twice as much room?????? Ermmmmm :doh:

Absolutely retarded!!!

Affelay should have gone to the left, Robben back over to the right, Huntelaar should have come off, and RvP should have gone to the cetral spot, and possibly van Pummel-your-f**king-legs should have come on for De Jong to add some energy to the middle of the park. VdV and Sneijder should have pushed up behind RvP... the traditional 4-3-3 with 2 ATM's. More attacking but still with 4 at the back keeping Nani and Ronaldo quiet.

... bit obvious really. :dontknow:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Cannot believe how poor Holland have done. It was a hard group i know. But 0 points. Has to be a BIG inquest there.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:55 pm

hey massa u cheating c***. ur sig says 43 days. it was 45 last night to technically its still 45 so

f**k YOU
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:46 pm

starmandb wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

theres nothing we can do to change football directly, we change society, out with the elite and we will have a game for the people!!!

was a great game then is a great game now.
people will look at our 6-1 opening day win at everton in 40 years time and say they don,t make players like that anymore and it will be as spurious as it is today.
leeds were masters of gamesmanship,cheating diving,feighning injury,time wasting.
they could play but they would give you a pretty good kicking 1st
it was a golden age because of the rose tints.there was an awful lot of dull games as well it gets forgotten in the
[everything was better 20 mins ago world]

I think your point there reminds us of what the big perspectice on football is,.

Every era had it's ups and downs, every era did some things very right and others very wrong.

I think if we stepped away from football, took a blank canvas and analysed every era it's good points and bad points, if we tried to work towards something which embraced all off it's positive points should see us with a better future.

for people who marvelled at the community aspect of it, would talk of how good football was,

for those who marvel looking at athletes, who marvel on technological advancement and things 'always' getting better people will choose todays.

thing is i feel the footballl from previous years outweighs modern football on purity.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:02 pm

Est83 wrote:On Ronaldo, I'm not his biggest fan (infact I hate him) but his first goal was good. You could see that the missed chances were getting to him after the earlier blunders, a good first touch and he kept his head for that first goal... can't really fault him for it.

It did look like it'd be another one of those underperformances on the whole from him though... until Holland want to three at the back and effectively committed suicide!!!

I know they needed to win the game by two goals, but they were afraid to take off one of "the bigger" players, and that was just stupid. Holland only dominated for the first 15 minutes, after that it was even, although Portugal looked like they were edging it slightly. If Holland remained the dominant team, with the 2nd and 3rd goal not coming, then you could maybe understand switching to three at the back to force the issue. But Portugal were taking a foot-hold in the game, the game was becoming more open, and Nani and Ronaldo were becoming more influential... so what do you do? Go to three at the back and give Nani and Ronaldo twice as much room?????? Ermmmmm :doh:

Absolutely retarded!!!

Affelay should have gone to the left, Robben back over to the right, Huntelaar should have come off, and RvP should have gone to the cetral spot, and possibly van Pummel-your-f**king-legs should have come on for De Jong to add some energy to the middle of the park. VdV and Sneijder should have pushed up behind RvP... the traditional 4-3-3 with 2 ATM's. More attacking but still with 4 at the back keeping Nani and Ronaldo quiet.

... bit obvious really. :dontknow:

Imagine if Cristiano was as good as he's hyped to be, just like Zidane, and the great ronaldo and could just destroy every team wihout us having to even question him.

However, it seems he only does well in premier matches when the opponent plays like shit.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to UEFA Euro 2012