Group A

Qualification and finally the tournament itself in Poland and Ukraine. All talk about it in here including live match chat.

Re: Group A

Postby elkanofan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:As much as i don't want to see riots and people hurt, i can see where boxer is coming from.

I do wonder if some of the current fans would have followed football in the 70s and 80s.

These days there is outrage when a player makes a sliding tackle and outrage when there is a bit of swearing in the crowd.

Today's prawn sandwich munchers would have hated the two footed lunges that were waved on on the pitch and the fights between fans during and after the games.

People will say football had to change, but i think lots of society's problems stem from people not having anywhere to vent their frustrations - having a good swear at the football always used to calm me down as a kid!

This is part of the divide and conquer agenda. taking families apart.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:As much as i don't want to see riots and people hurt, i can see where boxer is coming from.

Can you? really? lol

Your entire post was about most of what goes on, while watching a match... This is not what the "discussion" (loosely used) was about, mate.

Russian's were marching on their day of independence (yes one could argue there was some incitement with that) and they were ambushed by Polish fans, beaten and rioting ensued.

And just to clarify...

Preliminary reports say at least ten people were injured, and had to be taken to a nearby hospital to be treated for head injuries. At least one of the injured was a Polish national, with no information available on the other two casualties. Russian diplomats are checking claims that one Russian fan was fatally wounded.

Earlier in the day, a mob of some 50 Polish fans attacked a café in central Warsaw where Russian football supporters had gathered before the match. The Polish fans were wearing masks and threw smoke grenades and stones at the cafe. As the Russians fought back, the attackers retreated. One Russian suffered serious head injuries.

http://www.rt.com/news/poland-football-fans-clash-654/

Can't find the other link but it was later confirmed the Russian fan died.

Yep that article definitely indicates a mere "Working man's punch-up" :rolleyes:
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Boxer wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Boxer wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:All the violence going on in Warsaw right now is disgraceful.

Russian fan's been killed already...

Sensationalising again :rolleyes:

Its about time it kicked off,,all this fecking mamby pamby "oh jolly good show" "sitdown at the front" "dont swear" and "no name calling" bollox does my fuckin head in.

eat meat, drink beer and have a punch up :angry: raaaaaahhhhhrrrr,,,its a working mans game ffs, get these fuckin 2bob pussie **** away from the game.

that was funny the first time, but gets a bit boring when you keep using it....find new material or do one.

still no mention of anyone getting killed :newspaper: ,,,,must be on twitter then :rolleyes:

same could be said about your obvious trolling
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Boxer wrote:back and forth, back and forth......

unless you`v been part of it, you`d never understand..........so forget it. carry on talking tactics and stat`s that you`v seen on the web or chatted about over your prawn sarnies and cups of tea. i`ll crawl back into me cave.

Yawn. Bore off seriously.

Gloating about being "firm" or a "Hooligan"? Nice one fella...

There's a HUGE difference in being a loud, rowdy SUPPORTER of your club INSIDE the stadium, or even a pub with your mates and being a f***ing Neanderthal AWAY from the bloody game.

Shake your head.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Yep... Right... Because when we come out of the Grove after a game, every single one of us noisy c**** start throwing bricks at the opposition supporters and bollocking em with chairs, poles and whatever we can find. Throwing smoke bombs at them and whatnot.

Yep, that's how it works when not "on here" that's how it works when "outside in the real world"

Every one of us who isn't a prawn munching, "sit down and be quiet" type... Yep we run riot on the streets of Islington, Highbury, Holloway and the like....

Stop talking bollocks.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:53 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:

unless you`v been part of it, you`d never understand..........so forget it. carry on talking tactics and stat`s that you`v seen on the web or chatted about over your prawn sarnies and cups of tea. i`ll crawl back into me cave.

Yawn. Bore off seriously.

Gloating about being "firm" or a "Hooligan"? Nice one fella...

There's a HUGE difference in being a loud, rowdy SUPPORTER of your club INSIDE the stadium, or even a pub with your mates and being a f***ing Neanderthal AWAY from the bloody game.

Shake your head.

+1
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:56 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:Yep... Right... Because when we come out of the Grove after a game, every single one of us noisy c**** start throwing bricks at the opposition supporters and bollocking em with chairs, poles and whatever we can find. Throwing smoke bombs at them and whatnot.
Boxer wrote:now i know that really do no nothing other than whats on the web, or what you see in green street..

:rofll: More bollocks.

You see pal those were the exact actions being taken by those fans rioting in Warsaw, IF you'd actually BOTHERED to read it, instead of blindly defending so-called "Boot boys". Nothing to do with what I "think happens because I watched Green Street"

You then said, and I quote
unless you`v been part of it, you`d never understand..........

Therefore you were advocating and condoning the behaviour in the article and preceding articles and subsequently you were claiming this is the kind of typical behaviour which goes on between (as you put it) all "noisy" supporters when you refused to differentiate between noisy c**** in the stadium/pubs and actual Hooligans.

And considering I'm not one of those on here who bothers much with "stats and stuff" you've just come up with yet another example of how you're blatantly and yet oh so blindly attempting to troll and argue for arguments sake.

Won't be bothering with you anymore.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:15 pm

I say if you wish to continue a debate about this, start a thread about in the debates section. As long as it is civil.

The terrace lifestyle personally intrigues me, so I wouldn't mind hearing about it.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:17 pm

ChVint22 wrote:I say if you wish to continue a debate about this, start a thread about in the debates section. As long as it is civil.

The terrace lifestyle personally intrigues me, so I wouldn't mind hearing about it.

There was a thread made about "The Terrace Lifestyle" - I believe it was by EST and someone else...

The point of this "Discussion" was nothing to do w/ that though. It was him talking smack and trying to start an unnecessary trolling session and argument. - As I said, I'm done w/ it.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Boxer wrote:so you try and start an argument when there was`nt one, then come over all "im better than you",,and then bail out!!! come on,,dont leave me now....

or better still, dont f***ing butt in

Okay. ALMOST Done.

Boxer wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:All the violence going on in Warsaw right now is disgraceful.

Russian fan's been killed already...

Sensationalising again :rolleyes:

Its about time it kicked off,,all this fecking mamby pamby "oh jolly good show" "sitdown at the front" "dont swear" and "no name calling" bollox does my fuckin head in.

eat meat, drink beer and have a punch up :angry: raaaaaahhhhhrrrr,,,its a working mans game ffs, get these fuckin 2bob pussie **** away from the game.

LOL that's how it all began so... Yes... *I* "Butted in"?

Points for the attempted back-peddle and somersault to try and benefit you though.

Ok. Now I'm done.
Last edited by TRA Dial Square on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:02 pm

ChVint22 wrote:I say if you wish to continue a debate about this, start a thread about in the debates section. As long as it is civil.

you stood with 13,000 people sometimes
you froze your bollocks off sometimes
you watched brian hornsby equalise once[looked that up in a book called arsenal stadium history boxer sir, i was there but i would be lying if i said i remember it.i even used poetic license as i was in the east lower block k row v don,t remember my seat number but that was my season ticket right thru the 70,s]thanks grandad x
you may have a pie/waggon wheel bovril sometimes
you may have a pink burger in brine outside after[god i miss em]
now and again there was a rumble a bit of a skirmish and then it ended.
it really had romance but not because of hooliganism but because the team you loved with the mates you had great banter with were all involved.as much as i love the arsenal i would never have a fight for them i reserve that for my family and friends
i have never lost my enthusisasm for a match day
i,m partial to a prawn sandwich as well
never found it a hinderance in shouting for the gunners
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:22 am

awesome, see ya :biggrin:
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:59 pm

starmandb wrote:

you stood with 13,000 people sometimes
you froze your bollocks off sometimes
you watched brian hornsby equalise once[looked that up in a book called arsenal stadium history boxer sir, i was there but i would be lying if i said i remember it.i even used poetic license as i was in the east lower block k row v don,t remember my seat number but that was my season ticket right thru the 70,s]thanks grandad x
you may have a pie/waggon wheel bovril sometimes
you may have a pink burger in brine outside after[god i miss em]
now and again there was a rumble a bit of a skirmish and then it ended.
it really had romance but not because of hooliganism but because the team you loved with the mates you had great banter with were all involved.as much as i love the arsenal i would never have a fight for them i reserve that for my family and friends
i have never lost my enthusisasm for a match day
i,m partial to a prawn sandwich as well
never found it a hinderance in shouting for the gunners

Ah cheers!! Wish I could have experienced that. :cloud9:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Quick question to the Americans:

Do you have anything like football hooliganism over there? But for your different team sports ie Basketball, baseball, ice hockey etc.

Ive seen riots kick off in America after finals and stuff, but never the tribal kinda stuff you get in Europe. Im amazed it doesnt happen more often or is it because everyone has a gun over there?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby mg86 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:37 pm

Not really Zedie.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86