Non-whites told to stay away from EURO 2012

Qualification and finally the tournament itself in Poland and Ukraine. All talk about it in here including live match chat.

Non-whites told to stay away from EURO 2012

Postby gzagee » Fri May 18, 2012 10:24 am

Did anyone see that undercover report on SSN earlier this week about the neo-nazi hooligan element in Ukraine?
Well English fans were told not to wave their flags and, Blacks, Asians and Jews were told they'd beaten up if seen over there.
Theo Walcott's family have dclined an invitation to go there for security reasons.
I'd have little confidence in the Govt security plans.
Ukraine are about 30 years behind in terms of dealing with racism. That place is lawless.

Any non-whites going there please use the utmost caution.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Re: Non-whites told to stay away from EURO 2012

Postby Trequartista » Fri May 18, 2012 11:02 am

While there is no doubt this in more of an issue in Ukrain than say, in the UK, I expect there is a good deal of media hype about how widespread this problem is. Remember all the England fans getting told they would be mugged as soon as they stepped out the airport in South Africa?
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Fri May 18, 2012 11:08 am

South Africa is in no way shape or form as racially regressive as Ukraine on the football front. And hooliganism is widespread over there.
I remember how the security forces failed to stop the fighting amongst fans at Euro 2000, despite getting Interpol involved and handing out banning orders.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Trequartista » Fri May 18, 2012 11:21 am

I'm not talking about South Africa from a racial point of view, simpy the fact that cities like Jo'burg, Cape Town and durban have ridiculously high violent crime rates and the media had a field day saying that drunk and loaded football tourists were going to get mugged and murdered in their droves when in fact the police kept things very well ordered....for Africa.

I fully expect that the police in Ukraine will also be able to keep a lid on their troublemakers just like the SAPF largely kept the dangerous elements of SA's criminal underworld quiet in 2010, despite the fact that those guys are generally strapped up gang members.

There's no real way of knowing, and lets just hope I'm right, but personally I would feel much safer in Ukraine (Where they have a large and unscrupulous police force well versed on crowd control from, sometimes violently, putting down political dissent), than I would in South Africa (Where I myself have been at the wrong end of a revolver and had all my valuables on my person taken).
Leno
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Fri May 18, 2012 11:36 am

Let's hope you're right but I wouldn't take my chances over there. It's hard enough being black over here, and that's dealing with institutional racism let alone being somewhere where it's blatant violent racism.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Trequartista » Fri May 18, 2012 11:39 am

Fingers crossed! Do you live in London Gzagee? I'm just wondering, when you talked about institutional racism, what are your experiences of dealing with the Met Police?
Leno
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Fri May 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Wow! Come on people, it's 2012 for fucks sake!!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Est83 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:27 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Wow! Come on people, it's 2012 for fucks sake!!!

The Eastern block is backwards mate! I wouldn't be surprised if it's worse than they say!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Est83 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:38 pm

ARSHENAL wrote:Fingers crossed! Do you live in London Gzagee? I'm just wondering, when you talked about institutional racism, what are your experiences of dealing with the Met Police?

My older brother is in the Met. Growing up where I grew up, you don't have a positive view of the Police, but my brothers a good man who got into it for good reasons.

.... only problem is, he's confirmed to me everything I thought about the police before he joined.

Even though he's got the best arrest record in his squad, he's a bit of an odd ball and not in with the rest of 'the lads' as he doesn't like to get the truncheon out or get physical as much as they do. He's got a bit of a gift if you ask me, he can spot trouble before it happens, and defuse the situation through rataional persuasive talk before needing to slap cuffs on people. He's only ever had to use one piece of equipment, his cuffs, and he should be proud of that.

Other officers (from what he's told me) pull the arm holds and truncheons out a lot earlier, all too eager to get physical, and he's heard more than the odd racial slur.

It's a shame, meeting a few of his like-minded friends, I actually started to think I had the Met wrong. But this is straight from the horse mouth, Eye Tee Kay stuff ;)

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Trequartista » Fri May 18, 2012 12:50 pm

Est83 wrote:
ARSHENAL wrote:Fingers crossed! Do you live in London Gzagee? I'm just wondering, when you talked about institutional racism, what are your experiences of dealing with the Met Police?

My older brother is in the Met. Growing up where I grew up, you don't have a positive view of the Police, but my brothers a good man who got into it for good reasons.

.... only problem is, he's confirmed to me everything I thought about the police before he joined.

Even though he's got the best arrest record in his squad, he's a bit of an odd ball and not in with the rest of 'the lads' as he doesn't like to get the truncheon out or get physical as much as they do. He's got a bit of a gift if you ask me, he can spot trouble before it happens, and defuse the situation through rataional persuasive talk before needing to slap cuffs on people. He's only ever had to use one piece of equipment, his cuffs, and he should be proud of that.

Other officers (from what he's told me) pull the arm holds and truncheons out a lot earlier, all too eager to get physical, and he's heard more than the odd racial slur.

It's a shame, meeting a few of his like-minded friends, I actually started to think I had the Met wrong. But this is straight from the horse mouth, Eye Tee Kay stuff ;)

EST, thanks for that insight. I know there aresome great Police officers out there and they do a difficult job, but when I hear certain anecdotal cases and watch some videos of Police arrogance, harrassment, bullying and violence I can't help but think that there is something wrong with the midset of a very large number of police officers. For example, if you a black man in London, you are 30 times more likely to get stopped and searched by the "Feds" (lol) than a white man. An from what friends of mine say, if you are a young black man in certain areas of London, toy can expect to get stopped and searched by the cops on an almost daily basis. I know certain high profile black people such as JME have started filming all their encounters with the police and putting them on youtube to highlight the issue.
Leno
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Est83 » Fri May 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Yea I've seen a few of the youtube clips. It's brilliant, that's all you can do I suppose, sometimes you just need witnesses... what better way to let the whole world witness on youtube :lol:

I've always thought that certain jobs attract certain people. The police force does attract the likes of my brother, who really has it in his heart that he can make a difference (although that sentiment is slowly dying... he's giving up on this country little by little), and then on the flip-side there are the kind of power-hungry bullies who are just on a power trip. Plenty of other types as well of course, but these seem to be the two extremes.

I really don't get the racist element though. Your day-to-day travels across London will take you to some very diverse areas, you won't see much racism if any at all... yet there's enough in the police force to go around!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby mg86 » Fri May 18, 2012 1:51 pm

The more unintellegent you are the more racist you are. What that says about that eastern region I'll leave up to you.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby VCC » Fri May 18, 2012 7:07 pm

CRICKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!how the f**k did they get the tournement
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nando8 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:23 pm

Ukraine is really dangerous and I still don't understand how the hell did they get the tournament. UEFA's starting to do something now, a month to tournament, although situation in Ukraina is very bad since many years. People say Belarus is more dangerous than Ukraine, but I don't wish for anyone to must stay in these 2 countries. I hope this tournament won't be "the disaster" and Poland won't suffer because of our borderer.
Arsenal Till I Die!
Robert Lewandowski!
Nando8
Liam Brady

Postby Est83 » Sat May 19, 2012 2:51 am

mg86 wrote:The more unintellegent you are the more racist you are. What that says about that eastern region I'll leave up to you.

:lol:

That's a pretty racist thing to say.

I would say:

History has proven that times of economic struggle cause for a seeking of extreme political measure to rectify it... whether it's rational or not.

Poverty has caused far right wing movements in the past (WWII for example). The fall of communism in Eastern Europe hasn't exactly left them in a good way.

... still not a justification, but it's better than yours :sneaky2:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Next

Return to UEFA Euro 2012