Non-whites told to stay away from EURO 2012

Qualification and finally the tournament itself in Poland and Ukraine. All talk about it in here including live match chat.

Re: Non-whites told to stay away from EURO 2012

Postby Fabrestuta » Thu May 31, 2012 12:38 am

gzagee wrote:If he walks his team should walk. A show of solidarity and an act that says this issue is more important than football.
UEFA should mete proper sentences to the nation's FA like banning their football team from major competitions until the culprits are banned.
The time for turning the other cheek and ignoring it has long passed because we've found it doesn't actually do anything.

Unfortunately Uefa is led by a Frenchman, and not to appear racist or narrow minded myself, 90% of us know what the French think about the rest of the world.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby VCC » Thu May 31, 2012 1:10 am

^^^Good enough reason not to have one in charge for me!.uefa i couldnt care less about looking a little closer to home
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Non-whites told to stay away from EURO 2012

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu May 31, 2012 6:12 am

Fabrestuta wrote:
gzagee wrote:If he walks his team should walk. A show of solidarity and an act that says this issue is more important than football.
UEFA should mete proper sentences to the nation's FA like banning their football team from major competitions until the culprits are banned.
The time for turning the other cheek and ignoring it has long passed because we've found it doesn't actually do anything.

Unfortunately Uefa is led by a Frenchman, and not to appear racist or narrow minded myself, 90% of us know what the French think about the rest of the world.

What you mean is:

"I'm not racist but..."
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Thu May 31, 2012 7:36 am

I'm on the train at the moment but once I'm in the office I'll post a comment by Platini made about 3 years ago.

And Fabs is married to a buxom Muslim chick so no he's not a racist... ;)
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 31, 2012 12:05 pm

Martin Luther King Jr would disagree. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Thu May 31, 2012 12:20 pm

ChVint22 wrote:

Yep, and look where it got him. Please also refer to Gandhi.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 31, 2012 12:22 pm

gzagee wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

Yep, and look where it got him. Please also refer to Gandhi.

Well he ended up dead of course, but his message worked didn't it, well at least most African Americans, and Euro Americans give him credit for it.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabrestuta » Thu May 31, 2012 12:24 pm

gzagee wrote:I'm on the train at the moment but once I'm in the office I'll post a comment by Platini made about 3 years ago.

What gza said.

And its not racism just because you think the French are arrogant and look down their nose at the rest of the world. Its stating the obvious.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Forest » Thu May 31, 2012 12:28 pm

Id worry even if you were white from what iv heard, some places are really bad.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby elkanofan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:41 pm

In one hand there's issues with racism in eastern europe

the other hand the brisith media happily spout any negative propoganda about eastern europe, the middle east, asia and aouth america and make things look 100 times worse thn they actually are.

I mean i could tell straight away that the panorama doc was looking at the most extreme right wing fans and making it out as if all of Poland was that bad, not even taking in con sideration how most international fan bases are VERy family orientated.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:13 am

:think:

If it was a Dispatchers documentary, I'd agree. But I usually find Panorama to be free of bogus agendas.

I can't remember the documentary word for word, but I wasn't under the impression that they were insinuating that all fans were that way... but do they have to?

You could take your worst example of hooliganism and racism from this country, and it wouldn't be ANYWHERE near as bad as what was shown in that documentary. When was the last time you saw 2000 men women and children doing Nazi Salutes and chanting anti-semetic verses towards fans at a Premiership match?

It doesn't have to happen at every game for it to be a problem, it's the fact that it happens on the scale that it does (the amount of people) and how it's tolerated (by officials, players and other fans).

It was televised (not just by the people at Panorama) and obvious, but the most ridiculous part was the official (I think he was a senior FA member for Ukraine, or something like that) chosing to ignore 2000 Nazi salutes and lie through his teeth by saying "no, they weren't doing Nazi salutes, they were just pointing towards opposition fans" :dizzy:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:45 am

gzagee wrote:I'm on the train at the moment but once I'm in the office I'll post a comment by Platini made about 3 years ago.

Buxom you say :think:
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:43 am

should just go the other way and Invade the f**k out of them,force the gutless pricks down the sewer where they belong
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to UEFA Euro 2012