Capello resigns

Qualification and finally the tournament itself in Poland and Ukraine. All talk about it in here including live match chat.

Capello resigns

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Hopefully this will distract Harry and f... up spurs' season!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Re: Capello resigns

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:58 pm

That's a f***ing joke. I'd bet my life he wouldn't have been forced out like that if Redknapp was found guilty
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:02 pm

It was probably more about him going up against them over the whole terry thing. He strikes me as the sort of guy that doesn't compromise his principals for anything.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Starting to wonder why the FA even hires a manager. They seem to know what's best for the squad, why not save the money and manage it themselves.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:22 pm

I don't get why everyone's blaming the F.A?

Capello HAPPILY Stripped JT of the Captaincy over a private affair [literally] which became public.

But resigns over JT being stripped of the Captaincy over a PUBLIC, not to mention RACIAL Situation which took place on a Football pitch, towards a fellow Professional Footballer, WITH Video evidence?

Says it all really, IMO.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:23 pm

Innocent until proven guilty.

Capello may well of took the captaincy from Terry. At least it would of been his decision then like it should be.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Innocent until proven guilty does not work in our judicial system... Today's court case proved that.

Not to mention there's clear video evidence of the "crime"...

There was also no proof [at the time] that JT actually had slept w/ Wayne Bridge's ex missus... Before he confessed. Capello was still considering stripping him before he admitted it.

The fact is, the higher ups overruled Capello... Which he even admitted they had every right to do so, he was never going to strip him he said this.

Everyone and their dog (even Rosie) deep down esp' those who've seen the video, knows JT made a racist comment toward Anton Ferdinand.

Him resigning over it just goes to show what he really feels about the England team for one.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:51 pm

If Capello would have done the same or not doesn't matter, the FA didn't give him that choice. The FA were micromanaging him. And I can understand why he wouldn't have liked that, and may have quit out of principle even if he was going to take Terry's armband.

The FA is a bureaucracy run rampant, meddling in things they shouldn't.

Edit: The very least the FA could have done is tell Fabio in private they want him to remove Terry as captain and allow him to keep the public appearance of having control. But they went straight to the media, and I could see why Capello would find that humiliating.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Hopefully this will distract Harry and f... up spurs' season!

:sneaky:
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ArsenalN5 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:32 pm

Good, should have gone after the WC and Also, I want an English manager.
ArsenalN5
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby elkanofan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Whats interesting is an Old School manager like Capello resigning because of not having enough control. The FA poking their noses in too much. Sign of things to come?
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby dunkdafunk » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:29 pm

he should have been fired depending on results after World cup. and even though he signed a new deal before hand, should have been sacked after a disasterous performance.
I'd want an english manager too, but the way the FA act i doubt anyone of distinction would want to do it.
Maybe they should just get simon cowell to do it, and have phone/ text polls to decide the team sheet and favourite subs. Then do with out a head manager!
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby UFGN » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:31 pm

The FA, for once, were in the right on this. Terry can not be England captain with the trial undecided.

The England manager should be English imo.

Give it to Ian Holloway. All that matters for Enland is motivation and a bit of tactical common sense. He fits the bill.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Dejan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:04 pm

UFGN wrote:The FA, for once, were in the right on this. Terry can not be England captain with the trial undecided.

Innocent until proven otherwise. You can't remove the captaincy while its still not proven. What if he turns out innocent? You've basically stabbed a knife in the back.

2 years back when the news was going round that Fabregas might have spit on the hull city coach, Did you want to drop the captaincy from Cesc aswell when nothing was proven? I dont think so.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:13 pm

Dejan both cases are as different as chalk and cheese mate. England just could not afford yet another controversy especially in a sensitive matter like this.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Euro 2012