John Terry gets captaincy back permanently

Qualification and finally the tournament itself in Poland and Ukraine. All talk about it in here including live match chat.

Re: John Terry gets captaincy back permanently

Postby Libertine » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:20 am

Trina wrote:Not read the whole thread but Im glad he has it back. Should never of lost it in the first place, especially to Rio! Terry slept with his mates missus so give it to someone who didn't turn up for a drugs test. Was a joke.

And, as was pointed out at the time, it was a team-mates EX-missus. They were no longer a couple.
And seeing as she was Adrian Mutu's bird before she went out with Bridge, wasn't Bridge guilty of the same thing?

Myself, i'd have given the captaincy to Gerrard on a full time basis.
But i don't really have an issue with Terry getting it back.

After all, what were the other realistic options?
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:26 am

Maxduke wrote:He lost it for basically cheating on his wife?

Didn't Henry cheat on his wife?

Yes.
So did Ray Parlour, Lee Dixon, Dave Seaman, Ian Wright, Paul Merson.....
Maybe our managers at the time should've clamped down on it?
Oh yeah, George Graham and Arsene Wenger have also been caught playing away......

If we start kicking out players for cheating on their missus we won't be able to field an England XI! :lol:
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Maxduke » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:16 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Est83 wrote:Johnson plays better on the right, cutting in on his left foot.

Exactly mate! Can't wait for AJ to come back.

I have to disagree.

Although he is awesome on the right and I think that's all he's really played for City, he is just as good playing on the left, infact he has always been a LM hence why he didn't really start playing for us till Downing left. The reason City bought him off us was because of his performances for us in the 1st half of last season where he was our top scorer and played almost every game on the left. We also don't have any other decent options for the left whilst we have Theo for the right so I'd put him on the left too.

But I do agree, can't wait to have him back, great player, love him. (No homo)

(Well not much anyway...) :hiding:
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Est83 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:20 pm

I suppose it comes down to our formation and where we get our width from.

Cole and G.Johnson are both very attacking, and as we aren't a major threat in the air, I would prefer to have wingers cut in on their favoured side. So A.Johnson on the right and possibly Theo on the left in a slightly more narrow formation.

Any variation of the 4-3-3, 4-5-1 and I suppose Johnson wide left and Theo wide right would be better.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Maxduke » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:26 pm

Est83 wrote:I suppose it comes down to our formation and where we get our width from.

Cole and G.Johnson are both very attacking, and as we aren't a major threat in the air, I would prefer to have wingers cut in on their favoured side. So A.Johnson on the right and possibly Theo on the left in a slightly more narrow formation.

Any variation of the 4-3-3, 4-5-1 and I suppose Johnson wide left and Theo wide right would be better.

Yeah that's a fair point, if we use 1 striker we may be better off with Theo on the left and AJ on the right as that 1 striker will be Rooney the midget and our only other presence in the box will be Lampard arriving late but if I had my way he wouldn't be in the side no more. So I reckon them on the opposite wings could be worth a shot or even Young on the left.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Previous

Return to UEFA Euro 2012