Qualification Group I

Qualification and finally the tournament itself in Poland and Ukraine. All talk about it in here including live match chat.

Re: Qualification Group I

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:10 am

As I said to abfab though, don't knock the 4-6-0 formation. It's been working for City!
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:34 am

Aye but there is a different between the players who play for Man Citeh' compared to the players who play for Scotland!!

Scotlands player ability levels aren't anywhere near the levels of some of the Man City players.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:47 am

TheLittleMozart wrote:Aye it looking like a 4222 but really it ended up a 4-6, which was shocking mate! Total anti-football.

Nah no chance, Burley was out of his depth and the same with Craig Levine. He's done hee-haw to merit the job as national coach and his in-hability have been shown up.
I mean Walter Smith and Alec McLeish done wonders with the Scotland squad, which was essentially the same group of players!! I think at one point we were down to like 15th in the Fifa world rankings.

"in-hability" lol, inability is the word

last night was crazy, real crazy,stangest thing ive seen in football

theres no way he can justify it, especially considering we bloody beat them in a friendly recently

wonder what formation he is gonna play against spain?!?!?!? 7-3-0?
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:54 pm

Wouldn't surpirse me if he gave everyone a goalkeepers jersey and made then all stand on the goal line to cover up the whole goal-mouth.

Clueless t**t.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby freddybhoy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:14 pm

Levein was always the cheapest option for the SFA. No forward progressive thinking like the FAI appointing Trappatoni or the FA entrusting Capello. Nope, not for us!! Instead we have a "bowling club commitee" who appoint someone with no real standing in the game. His only real "achievements" to date are making a workmanlike Dundee United difficult to beat. Ask the regulars of Filbert Street, who had to suffer acute narcolepsy, when he was in charge of Leicester City.

Friday was an all time low for me watching Scotland. Not because we lost (again!) but because of the manner in which we lost. Shooting ourselves in the foot has become an art form with the Scottish national side over the years but this one really took the biscuit! Two of Scotland's form players in Kenny Miller and Shaun Maloney were left out in favour of the inexperienced forward Jamie Mackie and the leaden footed Gary Caldwell who has just recently returned from a long term lay off. In fairness to Mackie, the lad is on fire at QPR but Levein opted to use him wide right of a six man midfield. Miller's pace and Maloney's guile would have given the Czech's food for thought. As it turned out, with no one to keep them occupied, the underworked central defensive pairing became auxilliary midfielders and kept up a constant barrage of pressure on a beleagured Scottish defence. The inevitable arrived, and only then did Levein change his stifling tactics, but by that time the game was up.

Levein is solely intent on self preservation. It is the imprint of his managerial career. We can all agree that Scotland no longer have a Dalglish, Law, Bremner or Baxter at their disposal. However, the supporters at the very least deserve a side who will play with passion and without fear. The World and European Champions come calling on Tuesday night. It may take some time to prise me from behind the sofa but it should at least bring the axe crashing down on Levein's head.
ONE VOICE, ONE LOVE, ONE FAITH, ONE CELTIC
freddybhoy
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby freddybhoy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:36 pm

Scotland pull back to 2-2 after being 2-0 down to the World Champions. I must be dreaming or hallucinating. Maybe both!!
freddybhoy
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby freddybhoy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:41 pm

3-2 Spain. Sod's Law!
freddybhoy
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:04 am

Un-belivable!!!!!

pulling 2 goals back against spain was un-real and we really deserved to grab a draw from that game :(
what Levine was doing though with Mackie is beyond me... We are 2-2 agsinst the world champions with 15 minutes to go and instead of putting a defensive midfielder or centre back on, he changed a winger for a f***ing striker!!!!!

Cue Spain scoring and winning 3-2.

Really pissed me off. And also the fact that it shows that if we actually played football against the Cezh's then we could have mabey won, becuase we put two goals past the world champions for f**k sake!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:55 am

Last week wasn't attacking enough. This week when he goes for a win with 15mins to go, there is uproar. He can't win lol.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:14 am

Going for the win was a stupid desicion; against the Czech's then aye fair enough we could go for a win but not against Spain! A point for us against spain would have been an unbelivable result!!

Levein has made an arse of the last two games imo, why he never went for it against the Czech's is beyond me, especially when we beat them 2-0 in a freindly only a few months before-hand.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Van The Man Persie » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:18 pm

25/3/11 Spain v Czech Republic

Top 2 go at it.

Cant see the other countries having much of a chance in this group
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry