Qualification Group I

Qualification and finally the tournament itself in Poland and Ukraine. All talk about it in here including live match chat.

Qualification Group I

Postby SE13 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:57 pm

Spain
Czech Republic
Scotland
Lithuania
Liechtenstein

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Qualification Group I

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:31 pm

Trust us to draw the bloody world champions!! :(

Although I think we'll beat Lithuaina & Liechtenstein and give the Czech's a good game as they aren't as good as they used to be, so this group could have been worse!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:25 pm

I have a feeling you'll probably lose home and away against Spain, and away against Czech, you shouldn't drop any other points, so play-offs are a strong possibility, but pinching anything against Spain or Czech could get you through as the best 2nd placed team by right.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Maxduke » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:32 pm

SE13 wrote:I have a feeling you'll probably lose home and away against Spain, and away against Czech, you shouldn't drop any other points, so play-offs are a strong possibility, but pinching anything against Spain or Czech could get you through as the best 2nd placed team by right.

Thinking about that, it's not really fair.

The group with 6 teams will have more chance of producing the best 2nd placed team.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Maxduke wrote:
SE13 wrote:I have a feeling you'll probably lose home and away against Spain, and away against Czech, you shouldn't drop any other points, so play-offs are a strong possibility, but pinching anything against Spain or Czech could get you through as the best 2nd placed team by right.

The group with 6 teams will have more chance of producing the best 2nd placed team.

If you see the announcement thread, it goes on results against all the teams, most of all those who finished closest to them, so it might work fairly :dontknow:

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Maxduke » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:44 pm

SE13 wrote:
Maxduke wrote:

If you see the announcement thread, it goes on results against all the teams, most of all those who finished closest to them, so it might work fairly :dontknow:

Yeah, I don't really understand that though. :crybaby:
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Basically, they have to have had better results against the top teams in their group than the runners up in other groups did.

It'd be a nightmare trying to write out the various permutations, so I'll have a look for a link instead. :)

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:15 pm

I think we could pinch a draw against the Czech's mabey at home but I really cant see us getting anything from Spain.
We'll park the bus and try to hit them on the counter in which I can imagine Spain will have a few problems breaking us down, but eventually we'll fold as our centre back pairing are utter shite!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:32 pm

Aaargh, sick of international football now.

Don't want to talk about it.

:snooty:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Libertine » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:29 pm

Lithuania is a blinding away trip! :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif: :drink2: :cheers: :drunk: :drunken:
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby afcbear » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:28 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:

I think we could pinch a draw against the Czech's mabey at home but I really cant see us getting anything from Spain.
We'll park the bus and try to hit them on the counter in which I can imagine Spain will have a few problems breaking us down, but eventually we'll fold as our centre back pairing are utter shite!

Who do you suspect will be the CB pairing?

Webster and McManus/Caldwell and McManus looks better a boro tbh.
afcbear
Liam Brady

Postby Forest » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:10 pm

Lithuania 0-0 Scotland :grin: Shame lilmo is on holiday
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Popey » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:48 am

did cesc play against lichtenstein?

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:36 pm

gunner2018 wrote:Lithuania 0-0 Scotland :grin: Shame lilmo is on holiday

He'll of been out all night celebrating that point! :hiding:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SE13 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:54 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
gunner2018 wrote:Lithuania 0-0 Scotland :grin: Shame lilmo is on holiday

He'll of been out all night celebrating that point! :hiding:

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Next

Return to UEFA Euro 2012