Qualification Group G

Qualification and finally the tournament itself in Poland and Ukraine. All talk about it in here including live match chat.

Re: Qualification Group G

Postby Özilfan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:51 pm

SE13 wrote:♪ "Shit ground no fans, shit ground, no fans ♫

Awful TBH.

What happened to the days when we went mental when England scored? Football is just so sterile and plastic these days, it's just crap. No passion (see my post about Shrek earlier) and the "atmosphere" whipped up by a bunch of Sheffield Wednesday fans with musical instruments - Wow!

A sad story to follow what the game has become, and sadder still that's it's International level that this level of shitness comes to the fore.

:disgust:

Spot on (except Sheff Wednesday fans are awesome - or they were back in the day, great atmosphere at their games and stadium). That passion probably only exists for a select few teams in the lower leagues, but even then many poor fans get priced out of attending games.
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:11 pm

They were formed on a Tuesday and only became known as Sheffield Wednesday because they played in the "Sheffield Wednesday League".

Bit of useless trivia for ya ;)
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby SE13 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:13 pm

Arshavinfan wrote:

Awful TBH.

What happened to the days when we went mental when England scored? Football is just so sterile and plastic these days, it's just crap. No passion (see my post about Shrek earlier) and the "atmosphere" whipped up by a bunch of Sheffield Wednesday fans with musical instruments - Wow!

A sad story to follow what the game has become, and sadder still that's it's International level that this level of shitness comes to the fore.

Spot on (except Sheff Wednesday fans are awesome - or they were back in the day, great atmosphere at their games and stadium). That passion probably only exists for a select few teams in the lower leagues, but even then many poor fans get priced out of attending games.

Still fairly much the same people, but screwed by the rules.

Today was a class example of how bad it's really got - A local (if you like) derby against Wales, not sold out, and it was dreadful. We wouldn't go to Hampden or The Millennium and hear that! Nor would we expect to be able to buy tickets so freely.

Honestly, football is just so awful now, and so expensive, it's little wonder so many don't bother.

Anyhow, back OT, just a point needed for England, job sorted :)

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:15 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:They were formed on a Tuesday and only became known as Sheffield Wednesday because they played in the "Sheffield Wednesday League".

:tumbleweed:

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:31 pm

SE13 wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:They were formed on a Tuesday and only became known as Sheffield Wednesday because they played in the "Sheffield Wednesday League".

:tumbleweed:

What's w/ the tumbleweed? It wasn't a "bad joke"

It's a fact... :think:
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Herrpoja » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:35 pm

well actually it was cause that was the day they played on when it first was a cricket team
Herrpoja
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Herrpoja wrote:well actually it was cause that was the day they played on when it first was a cricket team

Which is what I said lol. They played in the "Sheffield - Wednesday League"
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Herrpoja » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:44 pm

did ramsey really get MOTM or was it just you guys voting him the motm?
Herrpoja
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:44 pm

Well either that's wrong or the 'Quiz-Master' on holiday is a complete idiot.

Because it was one of the questions in the "Sports" section of the quiz... :doh:

I know they were ORIGINALLY Just called "The Wednesday" though.

And no he did get MotM.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Herrpoja » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:47 pm

ah tought so that he dident get motm.

i was probably wrong thats why i deleted it that only covered when they decided to start playing football so which day the club started you where probably right as i have also heard it somewhere else ;)
Herrpoja
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:49 pm

Herrpoja wrote:ah tought so that he dident get motm.

i was probably wrong thats why i deleted it that only covered when they decided to start playing football so which day the club started you where probably right as i have also heard it somewhere else ;)

Okay I'm confused now lol. Anyway just to clarify Ramsey DID get MOTM.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Herrpoja » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:52 pm

oh my bad i have a reading disorder so :P
Herrpoja
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:07 pm

Herrpoja wrote:oh my bad i have a reading disorder so :P

No worries lol. Was just clarifying :D
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:31 pm

Arshavinfan wrote:

Awful TBH.

You are taking the piss?
Wendys fans are about the worst in the country. You mention 'select few' in the lower league. That's where the atmosphere's are. As if an Arsenal fan can say that about lower league football fans...
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Özilfan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:38 am

Yorkyblue wrote:
Arshavinfan wrote:

Awful TBH.

You are taking the piss?
Wendys fans are about the worst in the country. You mention 'select few' in the lower league. That's where the atmosphere's are. As if an Arsenal fan can say that about lower league football fans...

I didn't express myself well enough:

1) Not all lower-league clubs have great atmosphere, hence "select-few" (I'm was too harsh with that word - there are a lot of lower league clubs with great atmosphere)
2) Despite my point above, I think lower league clubs which do have a lot of fans and a good following have the best atmosphere available in football, from my experience. It's the closest to old style football following, where it's about growing up in a community and supporting the team in that area, not having season tickets holders from Buckinghamshire filling out the stands. I've heard people say they have been shushed for chanting at the Emirates! £100 tickets have killed the atmosphere for Arsenal games. In this, we agree.
3) Have you seen Sheff Wed fans at a Yorkshire derby? The atmosphere is electric
4) I've been to more "lower league" games than Arsenal games. Take that how you will.

I don't think we disagree, except for our views on Sheff Wed fans, I just expressed myself badly.
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Euro 2012