Qualification Group D

Qualification and finally the tournament itself in Poland and Ukraine. All talk about it in here including live match chat.

Re: Qualification Group D

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:22 pm

gunner2018 wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Anyone expecting France to suddenly become better overnight is clearly in a different World, the problems in that team go far deeper than what Domanech did to them...

They have partly the same problem with have, used the same team for years and suddenly the next generation have no experience and hardly any caps and will take longer to gel than if they gave others a chance.

Its not even that mate, at least i don't think so.

You look at their team and you think "f**k me, that team should be doing massively better than it is"...

You look at the experienced young talent they have and they should be doing better than they are...

They have vastly more talent than England does.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Forest » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:30 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
gunner2018 wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Anyone expecting France to suddenly become better overnight is clearly in a different World, the problems in that team go far deeper than what Domanech did to them...

They have partly the same problem with have, used the same team for years and suddenly the next generation have no experience and hardly any caps and will take longer to gel than if they gave others a chance.

Its not even that mate, at least i don't think so.

You look at their team and you think "f**k me, that team should be doing massively better than it is"...

You look at the experienced young talent they have and they should be doing better than they are...

They have vastly more talent than England does.

While i do agree, you can see similarities between us and them i mean asking PSG's Hoararu to lead the line in his 2nd cap is a big ask.

Might have more talent than we do but is it good talent or lots of average talent, was a time when French players were being exported but few are now days.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:38 pm

They have good talent, and its still being exported, obviously not on the same level because times have changed, and the level has dropped somewhat, but how much talent is really being exported anywhere now?

Spain, Germany and Italy pretty much produce all their own talent and apart from the odd raid on the Eridivisie and France, Benzema, Nasri namely. Gourcuff will probably be the next to go, there isn't much movement for established players...

Don't forget also that the French League is stronger now as a whole IMO, and the big teams are able to keep their players, i mean look how far the French got in the CL last season, they have always been dark horses and rather than it being just Lyon, its now a few teams.

I enjoy watching French football but i couldn't care less about about the National team in its current state, but i don't think everyone should point the finger at Arsenal for their failings, which even our own fans do.

If the French National team actually played all our French regulars they would be better off for it!
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:11 pm

GunnGunn wrote:I think the "French Revolution" bullshit is greatly exaggerated, we have 6 French players in our 25 man squad, Clichy, Sagna, Diaby, Kollosus, Squillaci and Nasri.

Only 2 of those feature regularly for France so at the end of the day its rubbish really isn't it?

If you look at our full squad, as in all our U21 who are on the fringes of the first team, the amount of English players to French is 10 to 1.

But we have more French players in our squad than any other nationality and it almost seems like we have a quota for them. We got rid of Gallas and Sylvestre and it was a great opportunity to bring in an Englishman or 2 but he didn't, he replaced them with more frenchmen. Also factor in the other native french speakers like Song & Eboue, and the ones born and raised in France, like Chamakh. It's not good for the team, even Sylvestre said "Arsenal is too french"

We've always had more English under 21's than others, it would be a farce if we didn't! But how many of them ever make it here? Right now we have 4 or 5 who are good enough to make it at Arsenal. Will they be allowed to? Would Wenger ever chose Wilshere over Nasri, Lansbury over Diaby?
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:36 pm

Is Wilshere better than Nasri, or Lansbury Diaby?

Not right now they aren't.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:06 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Is Wilshere better than Nasri, or Lansbury Diaby?

How do you know if they aren't allowed a run in the team? I'm certain that were JET or Lansbury be given the same time and patience Diaby has been shown in midfield they would be world beaters. Diaby never had to go on loan (nor did Denilson), always walks right back into the first team. Based on what? Not merit. Yet our kids are passed off to the Championship for 3 years then sold. You know what, they're both better than him already. Diaby is 24 and still has nothing but potential.

Wilshere is every bit as good as Nasri
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:46 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:

How do you know if they aren't allowed a run in the team? I'm certain that were JET or Lansbury be given the same time and patience Diaby has been shown in midfield they would be world beaters. Diaby never had to go on loan (nor did Denilson), always walks right back into the first team. Based on what? Not merit. Yet our kids are passed off to the Championship for 3 years then sold. You know what, they're both better than him already. Diaby is 24 and still has nothing but potential.

Thats bollocks and you know it.

:rolleyes:
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:09 am

GunnGunn wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

No it's not. But then you drastically overrate Nasri, as do one or two others on here.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Qualification Group D

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:16 am

CynicalGooner wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

No it's not. But then you drastically overrate Nasri, as do one or two others on here.

I don't drastically overate him, he is a class player, not World Class, Wilshere is just a kid who has done nothing for us yet.

How anyone can say they are the same level clearly knows fuckall about anything.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:31 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

I don't drastically overate him, he is a class player, not World Class, Wilshere is just a kid who has done nothing for us yet.

How anyone can say they are the same level clearly knows fuckall about anything.

Same old circular argument. How can he do anything if he never gets the chance. And no playing as a holding midfielder does not count.

He's set the Emirates cup alight 3 years in a row and looked awesome at Bolton, running the show in a number of games. Now, what exactly has Nasri done in his 56 games for us? Scored a couple good goals and f**k all else. Goes missing in a lot of big games and doesn't score nearly enough goals.

So yes I think I can safely say Jack is just as good as Nasri. How anyone can say Nasri is a level above clearly knows f**k all about anything ;)
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Qualification Group D

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:34 pm

He was nowhere near as good as people said he was at Bolton, pure media hype, as usual.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Well I watched 8 or 9 of the games myself and his first couple were quiet when on the left but he was brilliant once he got settled and Coyle played him off the striker. He was the best player on the pitch against both Chelsea and the Spuds. He completely skinned Terry about 5 times and Bolton would have won that game with better finishing from Davies. Wasn't media hype at all
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Trequartista » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:29 pm

Speculation circulating that Blanc will play both Nasri and Gourcuff in midfield today which would be interesting to watch. Meanwhile its being reported that Anthony Reveillere will start at RB as Sagna picked up a problem against Chelsea FFS. Hopefully that means he can rest up this weekend and come back for us next week.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:59 pm

Nasri has been dominating in midfield for France and they are unlucky not to be a couple of goals up.

Weakened side as well.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Forest » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:52 am

He drifted off in 2nd half, France won 2-0 on the counter in the end after 60mins of trying to break them down. well placed shot by Remy opened the scoring then nice work by Prayet to cut back to Gourcuff.

Looking forward to the friendly in Novemeber against France.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Euro 2012