Wenger ready to offload flop Chamakh

Wenger ready to offload flop Chamakh

Postby Popey » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Wenger ready to offload flop Chamakh after striker fails to live up to billing

Arsene Wenger is set to axe Marouane Chamakh in January - just 18 months after he was billed as one of the most coveted players in Europe.

Arsenal will listen to offers for the Morocco international once the transfer window re-opens after losing patience with the striker.

Chamakh arrived in north London from Bordeaux in July last year with a reputation of being one of the deadliest marksmen on the continent.

The fact he was available on a free transfer made him a target for a string of clubs and Arsenal's success in securing his services was viewed as quite a coup.

But after a promising start to his career in England - which saw him score 11 goals in his opening 22 games - his form has slumped alarmingly.

Chamakh has scored just twice in 31 appearances for the Gunners - one of which came in an FA Cup clash against Leyton Orient last season.

And Wenger has told senior members of his backroom staff that he is ready to sell the striker after losing faith in the 27-year-old.

Chamakh still has two-and-half-years to run on his contract, which is worth in the region of £55,000-per-week.

And despite Wenger's decision to offload Chamakh, Arsenal's financial structure will see the club demand a considerable return on the forward.
After losing Nicklas Bendtner to Sunderland on a season-long loan, Wenger is already short of forward of options.

And his decision to offload Chamakh could see Wenger enter the market for more firepower in the New Year. A goalscoring run between now and January could see Wenger have a change of heart - but as it stands Chamakh's Arsenal career is drawing to a close.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1astCtiIi

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Re: Wenger ready to offload flop Chamakh

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:32 pm

:1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif:
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:34 pm

I'd be surprised if this is true, sadly.
Firstly because it's the Daily Fail and secondly because we scouted him for 3 years before buying him.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Popey » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:39 pm

I also can't see it. just because it looks like wenger prefers him over nic.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:46 pm

hurray..i pray to god that this turns out to be true
he has been a liability since long. I had also started a thread
wanting him out if he does not improve..The sad part is , he
should have been sold in the last window but wasn't.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Artemis8 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:56 am

I think Chamak is a great player, extremely dangerous with his head. He need a run in the team tbh and i cant see him getting that any time soon.
Artemis8
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Hooray for our business sense. Get rid off a much better (and younger) forward in favour of keeping Chamakh, then get rid of Chamakh. *thumbs up*
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:46 pm

I think AW realises he made a mistake...Or this could be a nonsense article and Chamakh will become the Diaby of our strikeforce.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Return to 29. Marouane Chamakh