Postby GunnGunn » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm

Should sell him and keep Bendtner.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Chamakh - I can make a bigger impact now

Postby yosifun » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:13 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Should sell him and keep Bendtner.

Don't know if we should sell him, but there's not doubt that Bendtner is younger and was better than him last season (45 goals vs 11 goals). But Bendtner really wants out to another club to play a more significant role while Chamakh loves the club and has the motivation to play well next year.

Only wish he would spend more time training and working in the gym than doing his hair...
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:20 pm

I agree with the above, but there is a reason why Bendtner wants out, and thats because last season, all up front chances were afforded to Chamakh, while Bendtner was forced out on the wing.

Chamakh started well but he dropped off the boil so much last season, and has carried that form into pre-season as well.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby JordanTheGunner » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Chamakh was looking tidy the start of last season he looked a bit off the ball but I'd thought he'd shine in pre-season but he hasn't ...
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Chamakh is at best third choice striker right now . At the beginning of the last season he was decent , but even when he was scoring goals he had a few issues.

1]No bottle to shoot . For a Striker he is so reluctant to shoot . He always looks over his shoulder to pass the ball , instead of shooting . He has no confidence in front the of the goal .

2]No physical presence whatsoever . He looks to have lost even more weight . In the preseason so far he looks abysmal . Its preseason but still .

3] His first touch is poor for a striker of a top club like Arsenal .

4] He keeps drifting deep , when he should be in the box getting at the end of the crosses

Chamakh is a team man , a nice guy and is hard working .He is good enough for a mid-table club but for a club like Arsenal he should not be anything more than a third choice striker .

Having said this , with Bendtner being sold ,i hope and pray that he regains some form , because Wenger does not seem like he is in for a proper CF as a back-up for Van Persie . Looking at RVP's injury record it looks like Chamakh will play a lot of games for us next season and i seriously scared of this .
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Chamakh is at best third choice striker right now . At the beginning of the last season he was decent , but even when he was scoring goals he had a few issues.

1]No bottle to shoot . For a Striker he is so reluctant to shoot . He always looks over his shoulder to pass the ball , instead of shooting . He has no confidence in front the of the goal .

2]No physical presence whatsoever . He looks to have lost even more weight . In the preseason so far he looks abysmal . Its preseason but still .

4] He keeps drifting deep , when he should be in the box getting at the end of the crosses

Chamakh is a team man , a nice guy and is hard working .He is good enough for a mid-table club but for a club like Arsenal he should not be anything more than a third choice striker .

Having said this , with Bendtner being sold ,i hope and pray that he regains some form , because Wenger does not seem like he is in for a proper CF as a back-up for Van Persie . Looking at RVP's injury record it looks like Chamakh will play a lot of games for us next season and i seriously scared of this .

I agree with every word of that.
It sums up exactly how I feel, especially the last part. I'm scared too.
What if the Schmuck continues to play like he did at the end of last season and like he has in pre-season? On that form he just looks championship at best. No confidence, no passing, no contribution at all.
I'm really starting to wonder if AW made a mistake with this guy. Wasn't he originally meant to be Ade's replacement? Frankly I'd rather have Ade back and that's saying something!

Tell you what if he carries on playing like crap I can't see him ever getting a game. He'll just drift down the pecking order until it looks like this:

RVP
Gervinho
Theo
Arshavin
Vela
Schmuck (but only if all the other five are injured)

Someone get him back on form ffs. :pray:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:11 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Chamakh is at best third choice striker right now . At the beginning of the last season he was decent , but even when he was scoring goals he had a few issues.

I agree with every word of that.
It sums up exactly how I feel, especially the last part. I'm scared too.
What if the Schmuck continues to play like he did at the end of last season and like he has in pre-season? On that form he just looks championship at best. No confidence, no passing, no contribution at all.
I'm really starting to wonder if AW made a mistake with this guy. Wasn't he originally meant to be Ade's replacement? Frankly I'd rather have Ade back and that's saying something!

Tell you what if he carries on playing like crap I can't see him ever getting a game. He'll just drift down the pecking order until it looks like this:

RVP
Gervinho
Theo
Arshavin
Vela
Schmuck (but only if all the other five are injured)

Someone get him back on form ffs. :pray:

I agree with everything said above. Thank goodness for Gervinho who can apparently play anywhere in the front line
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Chamakh - I can make a bigger impact now

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:15 pm

Gervinho isn't a target man any more than Arshavin was.

If RVP gets injured or suspended (eg CL first leg) thdn we are screwed. Once we get a centre back we then need to turn our attention to a striker.

As I said at the end of last season we only need two players - Samba and Benzema would have been my choices.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:22 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Gervinho isn't a target man any more than Arshavin was.

If RVP gets injured or suspended (eg CL first leg) thdn we are screwed. Once we get a centre back we then need to turn our attention to a striker.

As I said at the end of last season we only need two players - Samba and Benzema would have been my choices.

I agree he's not a target man, but his work rate alone will cause defenders problems and get us goals. If Wenger doesn't bring in a ST, then I'll certainly be happy with RVP as 1st choice ST, Gervinho 2nd, and Chamakh 3rd.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Chamakh - I can make a bigger impact now

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:25 pm

Gervinho is no different to how Arshavin was when we signed him. He is NOT a centre forward and should not be used as one.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:25 pm

He really did drop off badly. I'm not sure I buy into the "I'm tired" stuff, his form nosedived after RVP came back and never returned. He looks like a player who needs to be starting every week to maintain confidence in his ability, and that's just won't cut it here. I had him well above Bendtner when he was on form but now definitely below in the pecking order. Needs to man up this season, we can't afford him not to
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:23 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Gervinho is no different to how Arshavin was when we signed him. He is NOT a centre forward and should not be used as one.

True, but he'll do well there compared to when Arshavin was played as the ST. Just saying that if RVP got injured I would much rather Gervinho than Chamakh (considering Wenger doesn't bring in another ST, which I'm pretty certain he won't, and Chamakh's current form)
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Est83 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:53 am

What's all this "target man" talk? It's not as though we attack in aerial bombardments. The way we play football we CAN actually have someone like Gervinho or even a midget like Theo up on his own as the central striker, because the ball will be played to his feet.

We don't need a target man we just need our CF to press up and stay up.

Talking about aerial assaults and target men would be a question of tactics. Different convo.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby JordanTheGunner » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:15 am

I'd rather Vela than Chamakh ...
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:02 am

We don't use our the striker at the top of our formation as a target man anyways so theoretically you can use Gervinho up top .

Having said this i feel Wide-Forward is the position where Gervinho should be used and not at the center simply because it is not his natural position . We should stop using players out of their natural positions unless absolutely required . We have suffered enough already because of this last season for eg

Eboue at Wide Forward .

Bendtner in the flanks .

Rosicky in the DM role.

Theo used only at the flanks and not even given a chance as a Striker . I know he is not capable of playing Solo Striker role but definitely can play alongside RVP in a 4-4-2 [if at all we employ 4-4-2 which looks highly unlikely at the moment ].

I feel Gervinho is best on the flanks and not at the center . We should stop putting square pegs in to round holes . Why cant we buy a proper CF instead . But Wenger won't .
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to 29. Marouane Chamakh