Seems to be a bit of a diver...

Re: Seems to be a bit of a diver...

Postby Goose » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:49 pm

He does not dive, he goes easily from contact

Diving is when you go down without any contact at all ie Ronaldo, Gerrard, Shrek etc

Chamakhs foot was swiped by Dann, there was no way he would of been able to stay up and keep moving, his foot was swiped

He was taken down by Dann and he made the most of it
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:56 pm

Going down when you don't have to, or when you can stay on your feet is a dive to me, whether you were touched or not, doesn't matter.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SuperDumbassman » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:07 pm

GunnGunn wrote:I like Chamakh a lot, he is a hard worker and a battler, and he knows when to go down in the box, i haven't seen him dive outside the box at all, and to compare him to serial divers who do it for the fun of it, is a f***ing joke.

Check out a replay of the game if you get the chance, he does an even worse dive, classic Drogba, earlier on.

AFC111158 wrote:So what about the defender Dann?Who was no where near the ball,his intention was to take Chamakh out!There was slight contact he clipped his ankle is that not a penalty?As for him getting a shot away ehe ball had gone too far and Arshavin shot and missed!

Dann's intention was to get the ball, as unlikely as it was to happen. It was a foolish, last gasp type challenge.

ChVint22 wrote:Going down when you don't have to, or when you can stay on your feet is a dive to me, whether you were touched or not, doesn't matter.

I agree 100% ChVint.

I feel the dive did tarnish the game, and I don't feel happy about the result at all. The only reason we scored our 2nd goal was because Chamakh is a filthy diver. Carr didn't clear the ball when he had the chance, just incase Chamakh nipped it away from him. Chamakh would've gone down leading to another penalty. It was a shit way to win a game of football.

For anyone to support a diver means you don't support football. Anyone saying they don't mind players diving should be ashamed of themselves.
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:12 pm

I really hate diving or any sort of play acting. I hate it when players get a slight knock and go down as if they have been shot.

That said, if we win the title by three points, I couldn't care less how we won them.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:16 pm

The problem with todays footballers is I'd say the majority of them are divers, if you go by what I think is a dive. Its the ones that do it alot, or the ones that are just horrible at it like Chamakh. He does such an exaggerated flop that its embarrassing. Cesc dives, but he doesn't do it that often and its not an exaggerated dive that looks horrible. We all know Eboue dives, he's just doesn't do it as often as he use to, Vela is also a bit of a diver, but we don't see it that much cause he rarely plays. I remember in the WC when Spain (and when we played Barca) kept diving and there were a few people from this thread I believe that wanted everyone on Spains team to die, but when its an Arsenal player its suddenly not so bad. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:09 pm

SuperDumbassman wrote:I feel the dive did tarnish the game, and I don't feel happy about the result at all. The only reason we scored our 2nd goal was because Chamakh is a filthy diver. Carr didn't clear the ball when he had the chance, just incase Chamakh nipped it away from him. Chamakh would've gone down leading to another penalty. It was a shit way to win a game of football.

For anyone to support a diver means you don't support football. Anyone saying they don't mind players diving should be ashamed of themselves.

Finally someone else with a moral compass! ;)

Can't be satisfied with the result of that game because the way we won it wasn't right. We cheated basically.
Plymouth Gooner wrote:I really hate diving or any sort of play acting. I hate it when players get a slight knock and go down as if they have been shot.

That said, if we win the title by three points, I couldn't care less how we won them.

I disagree. Could you ever really be happy with the trophy knowing that you cheated to get it? It's a hollow victory for me and before everyone else says that Manure dived their way to the title in 07 or whatever - someone else getting away with it doesn't make it right.
I want to win the title on merit, I want to win it by being the better team.
ChVint22 wrote:The problem with todays footballers is I'd say the majority of them are divers, if you go by what I think is a dive. Its the ones that do it alot, or the ones that are just horrible at it like Chamakh. He does such an exaggerated flop that its embarrassing. Cesc dives, but he doesn't do it that often and its not an exaggerated dive that looks horrible. We all know Eboue dives, he's just doesn't do it as often as he use to, Vela is also a bit of a diver, but we don't see it that much cause he rarely plays. I remember in the WC when Spain (and when we played Barca) kept diving and there were a few people from this thread I believe that wanted everyone on Spains team to die, but when its an Arsenal player its suddenly not so bad. ;)

True.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Forest » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:21 pm

Inch every body cheats, as i said earlier if you play fairly you finish runner up in nearly everything. if your teams name is on the trophy then you won it. Man utd cheated against Villa in the CC final but Man utd still won the trophy.

Spain and Barca diving is far worse, me and Fabs watched Barca V Ruben, Iniesta had the ball at his left foot and the Rubin player kicked it away, Iniesta just fell to his knee;s for no reason what so ever, thats the diving i can stand.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:23 pm

gunner2018 wrote:Inch every body cheats, as i said earlier if you play fairly you finish runner up in nearly everything. if your teams name is on the trophy then you won it. Man utd cheated against Villa in the CC final but Man utd still won the trophy.

Spain and Barca diving is far worse, me and Fabs watched Barca V Ruben, Iniesta had the ball at his left foot and the Rubin player kicked it away, Iniesta just fell to his knee;s for no reason what so ever, thats the diving i can stand.

Look at my previous post.
I clearly said that other people doing it doesn't make it right.

And I don't buy into the idea that nice guys finish last. We've been at the top of the fair play league ever since AW arrived and we've won plenty in that time.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:31 pm

Top of the fair play league since wenger arrived? I don't thinkthat is true? More like bottom of it until the invincibles were sold!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:39 pm

Where's statman gone? We need him to settle this.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Forest » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:40 pm

I agree because i dont think we've won and played fairly in every game of the trophy wins.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Massa » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:17 pm

I can clearly remember Fulham and Liverpool winning it two or three seasons ago.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:31 pm

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics

Fair play league (with 1st being least cards and 20th being most):

Title wins under Wenger:

97/98 - 15th in fair play league
01/02 - 20th (bottom of fair play league)
03/04 - 7th in fair play league - much better
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to 29. Marouane Chamakh