Chamakh loving gunners life

Chamakh loving gunners life

Postby liam_cork » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:08 am

Marouane Chamakh admits he is loving life at Arsenal following his arrival this summer from Bordeaux.

The Morocco international has proved to be an instant success at Emirates Stadium since arriving on a free transfer.

The 26-year-old striker has had no problems acclimatising to his new surroundings thus far, impressing with his performances and scoring four goals to date.

Chamakh had offers from other clubs prior to his move to Arsenal, but he insists Arsenal was always his first choice and the chance to work with Arsene Wenger was too good to turn down.

"There were other offers, but the fact I loved Arsenal since I was young made my decision easy," Chamakh told skysports.com at an event promoting EA SPORTS FIFA 11.

"Arsene Wenger also had a major influence in my decision to join Arsenal.

"I am extremely happy with my choice and I am surprised how well it has started for me.

"I have settled very well on and off the pitch and I have been made very welcome by everyone at the club."
Better player

Chamakh believes he can become a better player from working under French tactician Wenger.

"I think I have a margin of progress to make and I think Arsene can make me a better player," added Chamakh.

The powerful striker believes he has adapted to the Premier League so quickly because of his style of play, even though he admits it is very different to the French league.

"Yes, I feel my game is well-suited to English football and all I want to do is help Arsenal," noted Chamakh.

"English football is much more athletic and goes much quicker and the supporters are very impressive."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 88,00.html
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: chamakh loving gunners life

Postby singaporegooner » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:12 am

Nice to hear he's settling in well.
Just hope he doesn't bugger off like some Spanish prick complaining about rain at the next instant!
In Arsene We Trust!!
Predicitions League 08/09 Winner
singaporegooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:15 am

He is French, their climate is basically the same as ours...

Wouldn't surprise me though.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Git » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:15 am

Amazing how many people list Wenger as a major factor for deciding to come to Arsenal.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:33 am

Its simple really, because in all honesty, he is one of the few managers of a top club around who will give these players a chance at the highest level...

I don't particularly see it as a good thing either, nobody wants to join Arsenal for Arsenal anymore, they want to join for Arsene.

Its going to be extremely interesting when he leaves.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Git » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:56 am

GunnGunn wrote:Its simple really, because in all honesty, he is one of the few managers of a top club around who will give these players a chance at the highest level...

I don't particularly see it as a good thing either, nobody wants to join Arsenal for Arsenal anymore, they want to join for Arsene.

Its going to be extremely interesting when he leaves.

Pretty much spot on. I hope that we are winning things regularly when Wenger leaves, otherwise it will be very interesting to see who joins Arsenal because it's Arsenal.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Re: Chamakh loving gunners life

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:11 am

And who leaves.....

I don't believe however that we will see him leave for a while yet, why the hell would he leave when his stupid philosophy on youth is just starting to bear fruit with Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere, JET etc etc etc

If he does leave then he is a fool.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Return to 29. Marouane Chamakh