Chamaaaaaaaaaaakh happy with start

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:15 am

He is better than drogba was when he first came to the premiership. He just needs to fill out a bit.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Re: Chamaaaaaaaaaaakh happy with start

Postby mg86 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Hilarious! You can't win at AFC. He is working hard to adapt and has gotten on the score sheet more than probably half of us thought pre-season. Guy plays it down though, says he needs to get even better, Rooney or Drogba like, and we continue complaining? His attitude is so much better than Bendy its night and day, I'd have him starting every week over Rv(B)roken after reading what he has said recently about his adjustment and ambition. He's got the attitude of a world class striker and he's got all of the skills there to make it to that level.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Popey » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:14 pm

mg86 wrote:Hilarious! You can't win at AFC. He is working hard to adapt and has gotten on the score sheet more than probably half of us thought pre-season. Guy plays it down though, says he needs to get even better, Rooney or Drogba like, and we continue complaining? His attitude is so much better than Bendy its night and day, I'd have him starting every week over Rv(B)roken after reading what he has said recently about his adjustment and ambition. He's got the attitude of a world class striker and he's got all of the skills there to make it to that level.

I agree. but he really needs to work on his finishing and his shoting.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby mg86 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Popey wrote:
mg86 wrote:Hilarious! You can't win at AFC. He is working hard to adapt and has gotten on the score sheet more than probably half of us thought pre-season. Guy plays it down though, says he needs to get even better, Rooney or Drogba like, and we continue complaining? His attitude is so much better than Bendy its night and day, I'd have him starting every week over Rv(B)roken after reading what he has said recently about his adjustment and ambition. He's got the attitude of a world class striker and he's got all of the skills there to make it to that level.

I agree. but he really needs to work on his finishing and his shoting.

True. That's why RvP should be sold, and I'm really not trying to hate on the poor guy. But we do this EVERY season, although I really hope to be proven wrong this time. RvP goes injured, and we put in another guy to fill the void, it was Bendy last season, and I'm assuming Chamakh right now. Problem is, the players in the spot start doing really well, developing and progressing with each further game, then suddenly RvP comes back in and they immediately return to the bench. All the form and progress is dismissed for RvP to come back in, though he's not even on good match fitness or form. That's why I think Bendy is frusturated. He puts in a classy shift for us last season and we bench him, hardly letting him start. We have some ego's on the attack portion of the bench but they also aren't spitting out total nonsense in their frusturation.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby starmandb » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:04 am

chamakh scored his last goal for us 6 games ago[that featured him] at villa which was in essence the winner
he is in his 1st season at the club without a chance to have formed any kind of partnership
i would say having notched 10 goals it constitutes a pretty good start.
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Est83 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:18 am

mg I can understand frustraitions, but at the same time you can understand how someone like RvP walks straight onto the bench after being out for so long. He's in the same league as Cesc, he's a star player and a striker of similar quality to Tevez, Torres, Drogba etc. I know form is the most important thing, and you shouldn't drop someone who's in form just for someone who carries a reputation, but Bendtner's still not at his best and Chamakh's goals and overall contribution has dried up a bit.

RvP makes other players play better, he scored against Birmingham and he wasn't even playing that well. Once he's got his touch back there wont be any doubting.

This is another problem with being out for so long, people forget how good you are. He's lightyears ahead of Bendtner and Chamakh, he'll prove it soon.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby starmandb » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:47 am

there is a school of thought that chamakh can only score with his head
birmingham[h]
takes a ball from wilshere left side of the penalty area
ghosts past carr,holds off dann rounds the keeper to score
shakter donetsk[h]
sprang the offside trap to slot home our 5th
wolves[a]
clinical peice of finishing to wrap up a result that he had initiated 93mins earlier
spurs[h]
a classical 5 pass arsenal counter attack see,s cesc sweep the ball out to arshavin who crosses for chamakh to crash home
villa[a]
rosicky plays it into chamakhs path and he flicks it in under friedels body.
a bit more confidence in taking things on himself and we have a lovely player on our hands
starmandb

Postby Popey » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:02 am

Chamakh feels burnt out

Tired Marouane Chamakh has warned that he might not be ready for starting duty at Arsenal until March.

The Morocco international is struggling to cope with the demands of life in the Premier League, having moved to Emirates Stadium from Bordeaux last summer.

He made a positive start to life in England, and has 10 goals to his name this term, but admits the strain is starting to show.

Arsene Wenger has opted to rest him over recent weeks, giving him an opportunity to recharge his batteries while the in-form Robin van Persie leads the line.

Chamakh, though, believes he is still some way short of the level required to compete at the very top of the game.

"By the start of January I felt that I had completely lost my edge," said the 27-year-old striker.
Blessing

"It was there for all to see. I am only human, so I've been given some rest. Besides, Arsenal have been able to profit from Robin van Persie's form.

"He's walking on water right now - everything he tries comes off.

"It is a blessing in disguise, as the team is doing well and I'm able to get some rest. I hope to play again soon, but it could be in March rather than February.

"But it is not serious. I am here to learn, both in training and matches, and also to improve my game and to acclimatise to London and English football.

"God willing, it will not take too long to happen for me.

"I am fully aware of my new status as a substitute since Van Persie's return to the side. Besides, Nicklas Bendtner is a sub as well. But it is all about what the players do out on the pitch. I am not worried."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 43,00.html

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gzagee » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:23 pm

That is NOT good news.
We've seen others come here from the French league, they've said the league is physically harder and quicker than their own but I can't remember too many saying they're already burnt out by December? it's not like he's even played a full year's footy cos Morocco didn't qualify for the World Cup.

Not impressed.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Trequartista » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:43 pm

Bloody hell! He's hardly played the last couple of months. Man up Chamers!
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Swan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:47 pm

i think there is more to it ....
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Swan wrote:i think there is more to it ....

Same...

This is a guy who regularly played over 40, even 50 games a season.

Definitely something else up.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Agreed. The Sweedish transexual orgy in Brazil might have something to do with it :hiding:

To me it still sounds like he's got a great attitude, and for his first season he has still done very VERY well. If there are any question marks over his fitness, I'm sure these will be ironed out soon.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:56 pm

All players from lesser leagues struggle physically in their first season, especially those from France. Remember Pires? Even Henry. Chamakh was throw in at the deep end and we all marvelled at how he coped so well. Now it's caught up with him. Also by March I take him to mean that's when he'll be 100%. Not exactly a bad thing

gzagee wrote:That is NOT good news.
We've seen others come here from the French league, they've said the league is physically harder and quicker than their own but I can't remember too many saying they're already burnt out by December?

No others that I remember played as much as him in his first 3 or 4 months. He played practically every game due to RVP's and Bendther's injuries.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:46 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:All players from lesser leagues struggle physically in their first season, especially those from France. Remember Pires? Even Henry. Chamakh was throw in at the deep end and we all marvelled at how he coped so well. Now it's caught up with him. Also by March I take him to mean that's when he'll be 100%. Not exactly a bad thing

gzagee wrote:That is NOT good news.
We've seen others come here from the French league, they've said the league is physically harder and quicker than their own but I can't remember too many saying they're already burnt out by December?

No others that I remember played as much as him in his first 3 or 4 months. He played practically every game due to RVP's and Bendther's injuries.

I can see both sides of that one really.
I suppose it also depends on how much he played before he joined us. He got quite far in the CL with Bordeaux so maybe that played a part...?

I think it's cause for concern (especially if one of our strikers gets injured) but I also take into account how much he played when he first joined us.
As long as he's able to rest for a while without being called on it should be alright.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to 29. Marouane Chamakh