Chamakh vs Bendy

Chamakh vs Bendy

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:35 pm

With Chamaaaakh looking to be in great form recently, and seems to be getting better the more he plays with us; would you rather have him stay on as our 'target man' or would you have Big Nick come straight back and take his place?

Granted, Bendy had a great season for us last time around,but with him and chamakh being very similar players, who would you have starting?

Chamakh or Bendtner?
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Chamakh vs Bendy

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:42 pm

Difficult to say as we've only seen Chamakh play 4 or 5 times but at the moment he seems to be contributing as much if not more than Bendy would.

Having said that, I'd say the same in this situation as I would with any other competitive spot in the team e.g. Rosicky v Theo or Koscielny v Vermaelen etc. etc. and that's just that it depends who's on the better form at the time.
And of course who we're up against.

Imo no-one should just walk straight back into a starting position as if it's a foregone conclusion.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Forest » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:29 pm

Chamakh by TKO in the 2nd round!

Id pick Chamakh as his channel running pushing the opposition back prob adds more than Bendy as would say he preferes ball to feet.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby nassau_gunner » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:30 pm

I agree we only have a small sample size to judge Chamakh on, but from what I have seen so far I think he's clearly better than Bendtner imo. Better first touch, better positional sense and links up better with his teammates.

Like inch said, it's only been a few games and not exactly the best opposition so we'll have to see as the season progresses. But as it stands now, I'd definitely have Chamakh starting ahead of Bendtner.
nassau_gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:11 pm

I think clearly better is pushing it just a bit.

Lest we forget that in Bendtners last spell for us he put away 9 goals in 11 games and half that in assists. Including a few games where we were pounding on the door for 90's minutes (Hull and Wolves)...

The way i see it is this, Chamakh is a graceful version of Bendtner, but i feel that Bendtner is still a more intelligent striker, for a striker of his size and power, he is a ghost, no defenders can ever pick him up.

As i said in the other thread, i am just glad that we have two intelligent, powerhouse, proper CF's, we have one of the best young strikers around in Bendtner and we have the current real deal in Chamakh.

I have been massively impressed with Chamakh, i believe on the open market he would have been a £15m striker, and its precisely that reason why i can't fathom why AW decided to get him on a free rather than pay £7m for him...

We desperately needed a striker last season, in fact i think the striking issue coupled with the GK's errors really added to our demise in the latter stages.

Having someone of Chamakh's quality could have been the difference between us finishing 3rd and 1st...
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:06 pm

Chamakh's allround movement is great, and it certainly won't go un-noticed by Wenger that his movement brings other players into great, goal scoring positions.

Bendtner has equally great movement, but with a different outcome. Although he has ventured outwide, and has a damn good work rate, his movement is self serving and puts him in the best scoring positions (that's "self serving" not "selfish"... although there's no harm in having a self CF)

GG summed it up for me:
GunnGunn wrote:Bendtner... is a ghost, no defenders can ever pick him up.

One thing that f**ks me off about the Dane, one thing that makes me lose sleep!.. is he doesn't seem to be clinical, and personally I have doubts about whether he ever will be. But one thing I've never slagged the guy off about, is his movement.

I've spent a good portion of my life explaining to my idiot mates that Bendtner will be better than Ade-paymemore. Something that people just don't realise: Bendtner has half the pace of Ade-paymemore, but finds himself in twice as many goal scoring opportunities, that is a testiment to his intelligent movement.

I don't know who I prefer yet, I'll go for whichever one proves themself to be the most clinical, because one thing's for sure, playing up front for Arsenal they're garunteed chances!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:16 pm

Bendtner's workrate puts him in the best position to score a goal, and is more beneficial for the players directly around him, whereas Chamakhs workrate is beneficial for the whole team, because he holds up play very well and defends well.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby AFC111158 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:29 pm

At some time Chamakh is going to need a rest and sooner or later Bendtner,van Persie and Walcott are all going to be available at the same time.I think once Bendy's fit he should be eased in frim the bench,Chamakh seems to have slotted in perfectly seems to link up with the play far easier than Bendtner.I'D ALSO LIKE TO SEE THEM BOTH START!!!Could be interesting.
AFC111158
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:32 pm

AFC111158 wrote:At some time Chamakh is going to need a rest and sooner or later Bendtner,van Persie and Walcott are all going to be available at the same time.I think once Bendy's fit he should be eased in frim the bench,Chamakh seems to have slotted in perfectly seems to link up with the play far easier than Bendtner.I'D ALSO LIKE TO SEE THEM BOTH START!!!Could be interesting.

Welcome to the forum mate, nice avatar!
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby nassau_gunner » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:38 pm

I think we're all pretty much in agreement here. But for a striker that first touch is so important. And so far from what i've seen (again, very small sample size) Chamakh has that over Bendy, and that counts for a lot in my books. Add to that the fact that he links up with teammates better, I would have Chamakh first choice over Bendtner right now. But like inch said ealier it's another competitive spot we have on our team and that's a very good thing. May the best man win!!
nassau_gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:41 pm

nassau_gunner wrote:May the best man win!!

Exactly, well said.

It's win/win for us.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:42 pm

Until both of them are injured at the same time...
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:44 pm

You have to bring the mood down don't you....?

:disgust:
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:48 pm

Just stating the truth Brother...

You know its coming right?

Chamakh, a player who averaged 50 games a season for Bordeaux will be hit by the Arsenal curse sooner or later.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:51 pm

There are some damn... DAMN good avaters floating about these days!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Next

Return to 29. Marouane Chamakh