Chamakh vs Bendy

Re: Chamakh vs Bendy

Postby Massa » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:27 pm

Both.

Let's bully the f**k out of our opponents.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:49 pm

I agree with Massa. Look RvP is a walking injury, although reports on Sky Sports have implied Bendy might have to retire, which Bendy denied (go to Sky Sports website), so we can't really rely on him. Chamakh has pleasantly surprised me, not that I thought he'd be shioe, but the fact that he seems to have settled in so soon, plus his movement is amazing, but Bendy gives us a different dimension. Gooners forget he's still a nipper in footballing terms. He's a big strong lad who is better on the floor than you would think, lets not say "well we have Chamakh so Bendy is surplus". One of the truest things "Arry Redknapp EVER said was "you can never have too many forwards".
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CynicalGooner » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:10 pm

No one is saying get rid of Bedntner but Chamakh is well and truly ahead of him in the pecking order.

Just last week GG was shouting about how Bendy was "on a different planet" to Chamakh. Yeah alright mate, if you like.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Chamakh is basically the finished product of Bendtner but with a better engine and work-rate. Bendy will be a good striker, he's young and put in good performances when he played last season. I was impressed.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:24 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:No one is saying get rid of Bedntner but Chamakh is well and truly ahead of him in the pecking order.

Just last week GG was shouting about how Bendy was "on a different planet" to Chamakh. Yeah alright mate, if you like.

I know Gooners aren't actually saying get rid of him, but he has had a fantastic start to his Arsenal career and its a case of "out of sight out of mind" when it comes to Bendy.

Also that's an unnecesssary dig. (that word is impossible to spell)
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CynicalGooner » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Not really, it was a ridiculous claim
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:31 pm

Why was it ridiculous? After one or two games people were annointing Chamakh the new Henry. GG was pointing out that Bendy is a proven player in English football. Granted he is a bit over forceful, but I don't think it was "ridiculous".
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Goose » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:25 pm

This is why im starting to like Chamaaaaaaaaakh more than Bendy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... senal.html

Didnt Bendy say he dreams of playing for Real Madrid or Barca?
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:11 am

Goose wrote:This is why im starting to like Chamaaaaaaaaakh more than Bendy

Good interview.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenalvs007 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:32 am

Arsenalvs007
Patrick Vieira

Postby gooneritis » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:41 am

CynicalGooner wrote:No one is saying get rid of Bedntner but Chamakh is well and truly ahead of him in the pecking order.

:rofll:
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Popey » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:56 am

Goose wrote:This is why im starting to like Chamaaaaaaaaakh more than Bendy

Didnt Bendy say he dreams of playing for Real Madrid or Barca?

haha. this is deadly these days :lol:

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:19 am

I'll let that one slip just this once, but it was unecessary trying to dig me out like that.

For starters it wasn't "Just last week", it was before i had even seen Chamakh properly and lets state a few facts shall we.

Chamakh is not renowned for Goalscoring, is he? No

Has he played an entire season for us? No

How do you know that if fit, Bendtner wouldn't have scored 3 in his first 5 games? You don't

Bendtner is a proven young striker, who had an almost 1 in 2 goalscoring ratio last season and half his goals in assists, he also scored 5 goals in the Champions League, in LESS games than Chamakh.

He scored more goals per his minutes on the field than Chamakh did last season by quite some distance, he is also a proven International big game player, with more goals per his games than Chamakh does for Morroco.

My comment was a little wide of the mark, i agree, now that i have seen Chamakh i can say that, whereas back then 95% of Gooners would have agreed, since 95% were up in arms about his lack of goals...

I have already acknowledged how good i think Chamakh is and how impressed i am with him, given detailed analysis on how i think he is compared to Bendtner and also that i am happy we have two powerful intelligent CF's for once.

But instead, you choose to dig me out for an off the cuff remark i said weeks ago? Which could have been entirely true?

Nice, at least we know where your priorities lie...
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:27 am

GunnGunn wrote:

I'll let that one slip just this once, but it was unecessary trying to dig me out like that.

For starters it wasn't "Just last week", it was before i had even seen Chamakh properly and lets state a few facts shall we.

Chamakh is not renowned for Goalscoring, is he? No

Has he played an entire season for us? No

How do you know that if fit, Bendtner wouldn't have scored 3 in his first 5 games? You don't

Bendtner is a proven young striker, who had an almost 1 in 2 goalscoring ratio last season and half his goals in assists, he also scored 5 goals in the Champions League, in LESS games than Chamakh.

He scored more goals per his minutes on the field than Chamakh did last season by quite some distance, he is also a proven International big game player, with more goals per his games than Chamakh does for Morroco.

My comment was a little wide of the mark, i agree, now that i have seen Chamakh i can say that, whereas back then 95% of Gooners would have agreed, since 95% were up in arms about his lack of goals...

I have already acknowledged how good i think Chamakh is and how impressed i am with him, given detailed analysis on how i think he is compared to Bendtner and also that i am happy we have two powerful intelligent CF's for once.

But instead, you choose to dig me out for an off the cuff remark i said weeks ago? Which could have been entirely true?

Nice, at least we know where your priorities lie...

You said it after he had played against Liverpool, Blackpool and Blackburn, the latter two he did very well. Also you claim to have watched him a lot in France so you knew exactly what he would bring to the team and exactly how good he was. You must have pulled a hammy backtracking so fast :) Bendtner might have a decent scoring record but Chamakh brings a hell of a lot more to the table and that was abundantly clear the first time he played.

Laughed at you then and it's even funnier now. Since you were so "deadly f***ing serious", haha
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:32 am

I didn't watch a "Hell of a lot of him in France" i saw him a few times, i mainly watch Marseille.

And does he really bring a hell of a lot more to the table? Really?

I don't think he does.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to 29. Marouane Chamakh