Yes, a lot more
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Chamakh vs Bendy

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:01 am

Fair enough, your opinion, my opinion.

Chamakh has vastly exceeded my expectations as i have said, even someone who watched him like a hawk last season would not have expected him to be so prolific so early on, its good for us that he is doing well, and thats all i care about really.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:08 am

CynicalGooner wrote:Yes, a lot more

Not sure about that.
They really are very very similar players both playing almost the same game.
Any differences are minor e.g. Bendy is the better dribbler but Chamakh has more pace, otherwise they do the same job and work as hard as each other for the team.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:14 am

But Chamakh seems a significantly better footballer. He has a better touch, better close control, seems more intelligent and drops deep to play midfielders in far better than Bendtner does.

Bendtner may, and probably will improve in some of these areas, but right now it's not even close
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:21 am

CynicalGooner wrote:But Chamakh seems a significantly better footballer. He has a better touch, better close control, seems more intelligent and drops deep to play midfielders in far better than Bendtner does.

Bendtner may, and probably will improve in some of these areas, but right now it's not even close

I disagree. A better FIRST touch maybe but not better close control. Since he started playing for us I can't remember seeing him take on a single player. He doesn't seem to want to dribble, he prefers to pass his way around players. I don't have a problem with that but it's useful if you can do both.
Bendy can dribble very well as we've seen many times.
He also drops deep to play midfielders in all the time, I see no difference there, and I'm not sure how you can say he's more intelligent after four games or whatever it is...?
Bendy is also a more direct player and is therefore more likely to be two foot from goal when a cross comes in.
There are lots of similarities as I said, both are strong, good in the air and good passers.
I don't think there's really much between them but let's see how Chamakh gets on before we make any snap judgements.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to 29. Marouane Chamakh