Arsenal Vs Fulham | Premiership 09/05/2010

Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham | Premiership 09/05/2010

Postby gooneritis » Mon May 10, 2010 9:45 am

nasri can be a great player, still one of our better players and people forget he's still a kid himself. all the talent to make it as a world class star and certainly one of our best youngsters. after the broken leg he's taken time to get back into form, hopefully next year he'll stamp his authority.
what's disappointing is that he doesn't seem to do the mazy runs and dribbles taking on defenders like he used to do in france regularly, that's his strength imo. he seem to be telling him to just give and go which relies on neat passing which is one of his weaker attributes, our tactics certainly haven't suited him this year, he needs to be more of an overmars type.

diaby went from hated to loved after he started to show some good form earlier this year, thought he played really well against fulham sunday. he's very much hit or miss.

what's annoying is nasri and diaby dominated the midfield yesterday, enfuriating how they can do it and make it look so easy when there's no pressure on, at home with the other opposition barely bothering but when it gets tough they're both guilty of going missing. far too many of our players are fair weather players, denilson, diaby, nasri, bendtner, vela, eduardo, walcott etc.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goose » Mon May 10, 2010 12:03 pm

I'm sure Nasri set up Velas goal and passed to Walcott to set up his deflected goal.

Then again it was kinda hard to tell from the blurry stream
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby GunnGunn » Mon May 10, 2010 2:19 pm

I thought Nasri and Diaby were excellent yesterday.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby NIGooner » Mon May 10, 2010 2:49 pm

Did most people clear off when the team came out for the lap of honour?
NIGooner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby SE13 » Mon May 10, 2010 3:37 pm

RobinVanFabregas wrote:Did most people clear off when the team came out for the lap of honour?

Apparently so......

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Igmalian » Mon May 10, 2010 3:43 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Vela really needs a loan to and English club next season. He has the ability, everyone can see it. But for one reason or another he just isn't getting a fair chance here.

I agree, Wilshere was starting to look like he was going nowhere due to lack of match time but since he has been getting a decent run at Bolton he is starting to look the business again! The problem is when these young kids get drafted into the first team squad they are not playing at all (either for the first team or reserves) so they lose match fitness (physically and ability wise), I would like to see Vela go on loan for the first half of next season to somewhere like West Ham or Bolton and then assess him again after that!

I think Jack would maybe benefit from another loan spell at least for the first half of next season!
To Alcohol!! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!!
Igmalian
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby StLGooner » Mon May 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Igmalian wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Vela really needs a loan to and English club next season. He has the ability, everyone can see it. But for one reason or another he just isn't getting a fair chance here.

I agree, Wilshere was starting to look like he was going nowhere due to lack of match time but since he has been getting a decent run at Bolton he is starting to look the business again! The problem is when these young kids get drafted into the first team squad they are not playing at all (either for the first team or reserves) so they lose match fitness (physically and ability wise), I would like to see Vela go on loan for the first half of next season to somewhere like West Ham or Bolton and then assess him again after that!

I think Jack would maybe benefit from another loan spell at least for the first half of next season!

As long as we have the ability to recall them if we have too many injuries I'd be up for that, cause god knows we will.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SE13 » Mon May 10, 2010 3:47 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Igmalian wrote:

As long as we have the ability to recall them if we have too many injuries I'd be up for that, cause god knows we will.

Recalling them is a must. RVP is out for another 4 weeks because he broke a shoelace.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Briggsy » Mon May 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Wenger has never recalled a loaned out player he just dont do it
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Massa » Mon May 10, 2010 3:58 pm

'Destroys their development'