Arsenal Vs Man City | Premiership 24/04/10

Re: Arsenal Vs Man City | Premiership 24/04/10

Postby starmandb » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:12 pm

UFGN wrote:
Libertine wrote:
Goose wrote:It looked like a training match, no-one really seemed arsed to do anything.

My thoughts exactly Goose.

A full house collectively paid about £2 Million to watch a training match.

yes and they will do it again at the emirates cup.
we are supporters.its what we do
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby UFGN » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:29 pm

starmandb wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Libertine wrote:
Goose wrote:It looked like a training match, no-one really seemed arsed to do anything.

My thoughts exactly Goose.

A full house collectively paid about £2 Million to watch a training match.

yes and they will do it again at the emirates cup.
we are supporters.its what we do

Yeah thanks for that. :rolleyes:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby SE13 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:30 pm

starmandb wrote:i think i,ve watched a lot of shit games in 40 years

Me and you both!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby gzagee » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:52 pm

Haven't read the thread but talking to Inchy after the game I said i thought it was a game between two teams too scared to lose.
RvP and Tevez were both nullified and that was pretty much that.
I did think AW had the opportunity to adjust the personnel and switch from what looked like 4-2-3-1 to 4-4-2, playing Theo with RvP and putting Nas and Rosicky wide.
I just thought it was weak to continue with a safe formation playing at home when against one striker (Tevez) and one winger (Bellamy) tentatively pushing forward.
As the home team we should've gone for the jugular.
After the game a few folk were saying they were glad for the draw. Not me. I was a little disappointed. Even with our injury problems.

Ps. well played Tweety.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Goose » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:58 pm

This was a team that smashed 4 past us and after our bad run, the team looked scared, heh didn't want to take shots or go into the box as they were scared of the counter attack
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby murphy1118 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:02 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
SE13 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:2 poor teams today, just like City V United last week but they managed a winner. I'd of been interested what would of happened if we wasn't forced to use our subs on 2 injury's so we could of added Ireland to the midfield.

I think a draw was a fair result. Arsenal had the possession (or so it seemed, not seen the stats) but we countered pretty decent and defended well (about all we did do).

I think a fair result would be to refund everyone that went! It was awful!

What news of Shay Given?

He's out for the season.

Gunnar Nielsen is the only keeper available to us for the last 3 games now. Taylor and Given are injured, sold Kasper to County and Hart on loan at Brum. Bad times.

Gotta say Yorky, your sig is epic!
murphy1118
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:13 am

I regret having paid money to watch that game, however on a positive note I thought we'd get a pasting and we didn't.
At least we showed ten times more passion and heart than we did against Wigan, and at least we defended well, very well in fact.
Flappianski didn't flap, and Tweety didn't tweet (does that work? It's all gone a bit Bill Odie.)
Anyway moving on, I would've taken a draw before the game but when we dominated them in the second half I thought we could nick a goal and was disappointed when we didn't.
A clean sheet is a rare thing for us these days so we should probably treasure it somehow...
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:21 am

I thought we would get a pasting too, but after seeing their lineup i thought the lads would go for it, it was so obvious he was playing for a draw.

I might do another blog post regarding the subject i am about to bring up, but at the end of the season.

Man City and Tottenham are much too close for comfort IMO, should either of them get 4/5th they will both go on massive spending sprees, Man City will probably ship out some dead wood (Ireland, Bellamy) and really go for the jugular transfer wise, if they do make the CL that is such a big incentive for players...

Our defence, looking at goals conceded is just not good enough, i mean Fulham have conceded the same amount and they are 12th...

In all it was a terribly boring game, we looked impotent and lifeless from the midfield onwards, Diaby was complete bollocks as was Rosicky.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:29 am

GunnGunn wrote:I thought we would get a pasting too, but after seeing their lineup i thought the lads would go for it, it was so obvious he was playing for a draw.

I might do another blog post regarding the subject i am about to bring up, but at the end of the season.

Man City and Tottenham are much too close for comfort IMO, should either of them get 4/5th they will both go on massive spending sprees, Man City will probably ship out some dead wood (Ireland, Bellamy) and really go for the jugular transfer wise, if they do make the CL that is such a big incentive for players...

Our defence, looking at goals conceded is just not good enough, i mean Fulham have conceded the same amount and they are 12th...

In all it was a terribly boring game, we looked impotent and lifeless from the midfield onwards, Diaby was complete bollocks as was Rosicky.

Yeah their line-up was very defensive, they had about 9 DMs on the pitch. They defended very well though and they were right up RVPs arse. He couldn't get a touch on the ball without being clattered to the ground the moment he touched it. No f***ing foul though, that's one thing I forgot to mention, what a f***ing godawful game the ref had. Every decision was wrong. Could not believe how bad he was.
And how much of a diver is Zabaleta? Didn't know he was such a drama queen.

I agree about City and the CL. Who won't want to play for them if they get 4th spot? Ok they have no history but they can offer CL games and an unlimited wage bill.
How long before they're paying someone quarter of a million pounds a week?!
We can only hope that their manager isn't good enough to get them any higher than 4th.
Still, if they do spend big maybe old tightwad will put his hand in his pocket and try and compete.

:pray:
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:35 am

He has to this season Inch, there are just too many big boys now, we need to spend just to stay where we are, let alone compete.

IF Chamakh really is sealed as so many would have us believe, IMO we need a couple of midfielders, one in the Ramsey mould and a proper winger, none of this attacking midfielder playing out of position rubbish, we also need defenders, and a new goalie.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:48 am

GunnGunn wrote:He has to this season Inch, there are just too many big boys now, we need to spend just to stay where we are, let alone compete.

IF Chamakh really is sealed as so many would have us believe, IMO we need a couple of midfielders, one in the Ramsey mould and a proper winger, none of this attacking midfielder playing out of position rubbish, we also need defenders, and a new goalie.

IF Chamakh does arrive then the need for a winger is even more crucial because apparently 12 of the last 14 goals he's scored were headers. Imagine someone who can actually cross bending balls in for Chamakh or Bendtner (or both). We might actually have a genuine plan B for once.

The defenders are a must really, I can't see how AW can possibly avoid buying at LEAST one because Gallas may leave, Sol may leave, Senderos will leave, Tweety will get slung out :pray: and that only leaves TV and Djourou.
We also HAVE to get a GK even if it's only a new number 2 to replace Fabaclutski. Ideally I'd like a worldie that would knock Al back to number two but will AW spend?
Another striker would be nice as well otherwise we're putting a hell of a lot of pressure on Chamakh to save our arses. If RVP spends his usual half season on the treatment table then we still look very very short up front.

So basically all we need to compete with the rest is a winger, two centre backs, a striker, two goalies, oh and another DM that can rotate with Song so we don't have to use Denilson.
Not asking that much are we? :dontknow:
That's only about £90m worth isn't it?
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:56 am

I have a terrible fear that Wenger is going to make Fabianski the #1 next year...
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:57 am

Schezney will get his chance next season, that i am sure of, no number 2 is needed IMO.

And if we don't get a new goalie i would have him as number 1.

I don't care if we get named players, all i care about is that they have a bit of talent, work hard and play for the shirt and give 100% each game, we have enough of these artsy farty types for my liking, sometimes you just need to go back to basics.

Goalkeeper - £15 million
Defence - £10 million
Midfield - £15 Million
Striker - Free

Simples.

Not that it will happen of course...

I think he'll buy two players and get Cham on a free, the 2 players in question being a defender and a goalkeeper.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:00 am

Leody wrote:I have a terrible fear that Wenger is going to make Fabianski the #1 next year...

You never know, might wake him up.

His actual goalkeeping ability IMO has never been suspect, but his mentality including his goal keeping intelligence has.

I mean if you had his moves couple with Buffons brain we would probably have the best goalie in the World.

I don't particularly think however that much emphasis is put on goalkeeping or defence in training...
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:03 am

Leody wrote:I have a terrible fear that Wenger is going to make Fabianski the #1 next year...

He's brave but he's not stupid. Never going to happen.
GunnGunn wrote:Schezney will get his chance next season, that i am sure of, no number 2 is needed IMO.

And if we don't get a new goalie i would have him as number 1.

I don't care if we get named players, all i care about is that they have a bit of talent, work hard and play for the shirt and give 100% each game, we have enough of these artsy farty types for my liking, sometimes you just need to go back to basics.

Goalkeeper - £15 million
Defence - £10 million
Midfield - £15 Million
Striker - Free

Simples.

Not that it will happen of course...

I think he'll buy two players and get Cham on a free, the 2 players in question being a defender and a goalkeeper.

He can't just buy one defender though, unless Gallas definitely signs and Djourou is definitely ready to be the back-up.
I think he'll get Schmack, a new GK and two CBs but only if he can afford them and if he can find players who......yes you've guessed it....are better than what we already have.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10