Barcelona Vs Arsenal | Champions League QF L2 06/04/10

Barcelona Vs Arsenal | Champions League QF L2 06/04/10

Postby SE13 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:10 am

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal | Champions League QF L2 06/04/10

Postby Cheese » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:28 am

I hope that every Gooner going out there gets their dream comeback made into a reality.

It's set up to be a very good game.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:48 am

If the Arsenal that showed up for the last 30mins of the match yesterday shows up, we have a very good chance.

If the Arsenal that played the first 70mins of yesterday's match is the side that shows up... I dare not say...

Biggest game of your lives boys, time to stand up and be counted.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Q8 Gooner » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:30 am

Barca r the better team no doubt.. But the way we played in the first 70 mins was unacceptable..!! Not seeing the ball at all and not winning challenges.. I think they were really nervous.. lets hope they r settled now and try to play their football next tuesday.. Come on u gooners.. we can do it..!!
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:58 am

If a nervous Arsenal can fight back like that what the f**k will a confident one be able to do?

I think we were just bamboozled by Barca because we have never gone up against a team that can do what WE ourselves can do week in week out, it was a total shock to our system that there is another team who can keep the ball like we do, pass like we do and generally do what we do, it was like if you walked down the street and saw your twin for the very first time, albeit fitter...

We saw, when we managed to attack that Barcelona are just as fragile if not MORESO than us, their defence is shambolic bar Puyol and him AND Pique are now out for the return leg.

Fabregas will be a big loss but Nasri will slot in and IMO him in Fabregas's role is just orgasmic, its like Zidane, he is so much more direct and he just has a licence to roam, Barcelona could not handle him on the left, how will they deal with him in his preferred role?

Rosicky on the left = :cloud9: And Walcott will make the right wing his own, he effortlessly went behind their defence yesterday and we will be playing on a bigger pitch, something that will favour us IMO.

We need to go without fear, we need to go thinking we can win.

I believe we can win and i believe we have a good chance to win, why the f**k should we be scared of them? They couldn't even f***ing bury us when they had the chance, they looked frail when we put them under the cosh for the last 20 minutes and we were playing with a makeshift team and a ton of injuries.

f**k them, f**k Messi, lets go and f***ing do them!!!!!!
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:02 am

Agreed gunngunn!

We looked like a team in awe to start last night.

Needed some time to remember who we are and get stuck in a little. Just need to start next week like we finished last night and anything is possible.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Q8 Gooner » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:02 am

I meant we were nervous at the start.. But yes we battled hard and got the draw.. I believe we can do it.. Lets just focus on our game..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:27 am

I would start this team

Almunia
Sagna Campbell Vermaelen Clichy
Song
Eboue Nasri Denilson Rosicky
Bendtner

Denilson because he looked good when he came on and Diaby was poor last night. Eboue to start because he can defend (kind of), is industrious and direct. Bring on Walcott when their LB starts to tire
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rockin' Robin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:29 am

I'd probably go with this:

Almunia
Sagna -- Song -- Vermaelen -- Clichy
Denilson
Eboue -- Diaby -- Nasri -- Rosicky
Bendtner
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:31 am

I would go with

Almunia
Sagna - Campbell - Vermaelen - Clichy

Song
Nasri - Diaby

Walcott - Bendtner - Rosicky
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:57 am

Can not f***ing wait. We can do it as long as we dont concede early and sit tight for a bit mainly counter attacking them then who knows.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Always_a_gooner » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:08 pm

gunngunn wrote:If a nervous Arsenal can fight back like that what the f**k will a confident one be able to do?

I think we were just bamboozled by Barca because we have never gone up against a team that can do what WE ourselves can do week in week out, it was a total shock to our system that there is another team who can keep the ball like we do, pass like we do and generally do what we do, it was like if you walked down the street and saw your twin for the very first time, albeit fitter...

We saw, when we managed to attack that Barcelona are just as fragile if not MORESO than us, their defence is shambolic bar Puyol and him AND Pique are now out for the return leg.

Fabregas will be a big loss but Nasri will slot in and IMO him in Fabregas's role is just orgasmic, its like Zidane, he is so much more direct and he just has a licence to roam, Barcelona could not handle him on the left, how will they deal with him in his preferred role?

Rosicky on the left = :cloud9: And Walcott will make the right wing his own, he effortlessly went behind their defence yesterday and we will be playing on a bigger pitch, something that will favour us IMO.

We need to go without fear, we need to go thinking we can win.

I believe we can win and i believe we have a good chance to win, why the f**k should we be scared of them? They couldn't even f***ing bury us when they had the chance, they looked frail when we put them under the cosh for the last 20 minutes and we were playing with a makeshift team and a ton of injuries.

f**k them, f**k Messi, lets go and f***ing do them!!!!!!

Totally agree with you gunn gunn..we just need to have the belief i mean it couldve been much worse yesterday but we managed 2 salvage a draw...not even manure could do that in the finals...we meed 2 start positively closing down their players when they have the ball andyesterday was a more than enough reason as to why walcott needs 2 start...his pace is frightening and especially against a makeshift barca back 4 he will cause damage
Always_a_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dejan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:49 pm

Almunia
Sagna - Campbell - Vermaelen - Clichy
Song
Nasri - Denilson
Walcott - Bendtner - Rosicky
Last edited by Dejan on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:50 pm

I have a feeling Campbell will be playing this weekend and will not be available for the game in Spain.

Just a hunch...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Libertine » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:00 pm

Can't wait for this.

I have a feeling it might be Turin '80 all over again.... :)
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Next

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10