Arsenal Vs Wolves | Premiership 03/04/2010

Re: Arsenal Vs Wolves | Premiership 03/04/2010

Postby vicki » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Thank god for that!
I had a few quid on Bendtner first goal, getting myself a tenner back ;)
such a relief..
vicki
Patrick Vieira

Postby S4cePL » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:11 pm

insane ending to a frustrating game. Sagna producing a QUALITY cross for maybe the first time this season :clap: who could have scripted it?
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Myrmedus » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:11 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:The only thing wrong with the team we put out was no real CF. Eduardo just doesn't cut it up by himself so without RVP or Bendy it really shows

Which is what infuriates me the most because it's already been shown resoundingly that we suffer when we don't have an out-and-out CF - we tried without it and we got nowhere. The reason it annoys me so much is because I thought we'd already moved beyond this and realised we need that Plan B from Bendtner but today it felt like that lesson had been completely forgotten =/.

Anyway glad about the win just not the nature of it xD, Barca better be a better game/result!
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:15 pm

Myrmedus wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:The only thing wrong with the team we put out was no real CF. Eduardo just doesn't cut it up by himself so without RVP or Bendy it really shows

Which is what infuriates me the most because it's already been shown resoundingly that we suffer when we don't have an out-and-out CF - we tried without it and we got nowhere. The reason it annoys me so much is because I thought we'd already moved beyond this and realised we need that Plan B from Bendtner but today it felt like that lesson had been completely forgotten =/.

Anyway glad about the win just not the nature of it xD, Barca better be a better game/result!

I think we did learn from it but Bendtner is all we have so was being rested or even saved from possible injury. Wenger probably looked at Wolves and thought it winnable without a proper CF. I'm sure many of us thought the same.

When Chamakh comes in and RVP is back to fitness I think we'll have a good platform upfront. Still I'd love a Dzeko or a Torres....

Also as much as I love him Eduardo needs to be moved on, he offers very little in this new setup
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:16 pm

gooner90 wrote:

bendy may have scored but we still need a better striker for back up as van persie hes had lengthy injuries every season hes been here

Bendy is fine as a replacement for RVP. The problem is RVP and Beny are our only options. We need more depth at striker so badly it's obscene.

If we had RVP, Bendy and one maybe two more options we'd be fine. The problem is with RVP out and fixture backup we can't rely on just one option at striker. No matter who it is. You need more than that.

Eduardo just doesn't cut it right now. In a different situation we might be able to cope with Eduardo's struggle to regain form and he may have been able to find it quicker with less dependence place on his shoulders. But as it stands we've done alright and it hasn't cost us... but damn has it been nervy.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby rogerthornhill » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Much too close for comfort but three more points. :arsenal3: A draw would have been such a let down after the Mancs losing.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Myrmedus » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:22 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:

I think we did learn from it but Bendtner is all we have so was being rested or even saved from possible injury. Wenger probably looked at Wolves and thought it winnable without a proper CF. I'm sure many of us thought the same.

When Chamakh comes in and RVP is back to fitness I think we'll have a good platform upfront. Still I'd love a Dzeko or a Torres....

Also as much as I love him Eduardo needs to be moved on, he offers very little in this new setup

*drools*

Not in a gay sense! :lol:

But seriously, shame Torres would be like £40-50 million because Torres at Arsenal would be insanity.

And I partially agree on Eduardo but I think he should be given the chance to play a bit next season and see if he recovers form and some role within the team. Not saying playing him as a lone striker is an option but I believe it's always prudent to have your team versed in playing two different formations and Edu could feature in a 4-4-2 perhaps. so playing him as maybe a bit-role for the rest of this season then giving him a fresh start next might do the trick, if not then we can sell him unless a really good offer comes in sooner.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Gooner Girl » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:49 pm

rogerthornhill wrote:Much too close for comfort but three more points. :arsenal3: A draw would have been such a let down after the Mancs losing.

^ What Roger said, save me posting the same thing again...
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goose » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:50 pm

gooner90 wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Goose wrote:Thats not good for my heart

When Wenger wants to rest players, why doesnt he start them and take them off early?

This.

I can't understand it at all. You sort the game out first and THEN rest players, not vice versa?

not too bothered we got the win but glad that 1. sol didnt have a very busy game today and nobody had to go off with any more injuries ahead of tuesday

You say that but we need goals, what if the title is decided by goal difference?

We have the worst out of the top 3

gooner90 wrote:

bendy may have scored but we still need a better striker for back up as van persie hes had lengthy injuries every season hes been here

Chamaaaaaaaaaaaakhhhhhhhhh
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:53 pm

train ticket £1, match ticket £30.. Last minute winner bloody priceless
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby dills » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:02 pm

The Midfield General wrote:train ticket £1, match ticket £30.. Last minute winner bloody priceless

My travel costs were a fair mount more than £1 but totally worth it! Went mental when Bendy headed that in.
dills
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:48 pm

God what a frustrating game!
Typical scenario of dominating possession at home but crosses so poor that the domination counts for nothing.
I'm surprised that AW didn't try switching people around when it clearly wasn't working.
Theo could've had a go through the middle for 20 mins with Eboue on the right and Eduardo on the left.
We became so predictable and plan A clearly wasn't working.

Lucky Bendy came on, he has a habit of scoring late winners.
Very grateful for the 3 points today.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Myrmedus » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:24 pm

Especially when playing teams who you know are going to park the team bus you need a Plan B, it's no coincidence we scored when we had it IMO =)
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:31 pm

Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dejan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:32 pm

wow eboue. f***ing fantastic photo!!:D:D:D