Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Arsenal Vs Wolves | Premiership 03/04/2010

Postby Rockin' Robin » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:46 pm

Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:17 pm

That knob-end Karl Henry is mouthing off all over news now. What's his case? It was a terrible challenge, got all of Rosicky's leg and none of the ball! Mug!
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:27 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:That knob-end Karl Henry is mouthing off all over news now. What's his case? It was a terrible challenge, got all of Rosicky's leg and none of the ball! Mug!

It probably shouldn't have been a red, but it was a bad challenge. I think Rosicky and our whole team did played it up a bit and influenced the refs decision if I'm honest.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:40 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:That knob-end Karl Henry is mouthing off all over news now. What's his case? It was a terrible challenge, got all of Rosicky's leg and none of the ball! Mug!

It probably shouldn't have been a red, but it was a bad challenge. I think Rosicky and our whole team did played it up a bit and influenced the refs decision if I'm honest.

I think it should have been a red no question... just the idiotic way English refs call the game it often times isn't in the EPL.

That was an absolutely horrible challenge and the fact that Rosicky wasn't injured is not justification for allowing a challenge like that to go unpunished.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goose » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:50 pm

It was a studs up challenge from behind.

How comes they are not appealing?
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby mg86 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:53 pm

To be honest, if Rosicky had gotten another long term injury from that tackle, there is no measure as to how angry I'd have been. Thank God he didn't pick up one.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby SE13 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:49 am

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Wenger: We must be audacious in Barcelona
Dear Arsenal Supporter,

Saturday's win keeps us in the title race.

It was important to forget Barcelona for 24 hours and focus on the Wolves game, and that was not easy. But we did it well - I think we had a good focus. We were a bit jaded physically but we kept going and we didn't make a mistake at the back. In the end we got a deserved victory against a resilient Wolves team who had a great goalkeeper.

I put all our late goals down to our mental tenacity, our unity and the focus of the players who come into the side. Everybody works in the same direction. And as well, we often take advantage of our technical superiority in the final part of the game.

I felt it became more difficult against 10 men when Wolves had Karl Henry sent off because suddenly they dropped 10 yards and got everybody in front of their box. We were not so much under the threat of conceding a goal but it looked difficult to create chances. I knew we would continue to try but I was not certain we would score in the final minute!

Nicklas Bendtner scored our goal and he is a player who can take criticism. He responds well to it and has that strength. I believe he is improving, which is not unusual for a young player at 22. There is still room for improvement, but he is becoming more of a team player and is working hard. It is all positive.

A draw would have finished our title hopes because if you're five points behind Chelsea with five games to go, you can forget it. But a three-point gap is feasible because we have a difficult programme but they have a difficult programme as well.

Now we focus on Barcelona and I don't deny it will be a difficult task. We have to raise above the impression they left on us in the first part of the match, to have a game plan and stick to it. I believe we have to be audacious and not hide. I do not deny in the first part of the first leg that Barcelona were over-dominant, but if you look at the chances we created, we had some good ones.

Thanks for your support.

Arsène Wenger

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Dejan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:34 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Cheese wrote:Not the greatest of games, nor was the perfomance by Arsenal. But this time of the season 3 points are 3 points! We are still f***ing in it!

I know all the players celebrated wildley, but did anyone see Campbell? f***ing brilliant!

Roll on spurs away!

Yeah I saw that.
He was practically f***ing Bendtner! :grin:

What did campbell do? would love to see it..
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby ochriso-1988 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:21 am

Campbell went crazy and started humping our players.
ochriso-1988
Liam Brady

Postby SE13 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:19 am

For those who missed it: CLICK HERE

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10