Birmingham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 27/03/2010

Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 27/03/2010

Postby Leody » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:42 pm

Well part of that is a snowball effect. I cannot understate the importance of confidence as a keeper. You have to have a non-existent memory. I fear Almunia and Flappy have been dwelling on their mistakes and are letting it impact their play. You can't be tentative, indecisive or slow in goal.

I really didn't think anybody else play poorly. I think Song played very well. Arsh was a bit lazy as usual. Denilson did his normal disappearing act. Fabregas seemed to be affected by the knock he received and wasn't really himself. Nasri play well apart from the one stupid decision to pass when through on goal. Sol was a rock. Sagna put in some nice crosses for a change. Bendy wasn't really involved much at all... Walcott put them under pressure, but could have done more, about par for him.

Can't say I'm really disappointed by anything today apart from Al's gaff and Nasri's pass decision... Nobody set the world alight though either.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gunflash » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:05 pm

Almunia is a clown. You can't win the title without a quality keeper and we've lost two points and that's probably it for us this season. We're running out of games and our goal difference is so inferior.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Leody » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:08 pm

Our goal difference... you may as well add another point to their totals. We'd have to start beating everybody 3 or 4 - 0 for the rest of the season.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:11 pm

Leody wrote:Our goal difference... you may as well add another point to their totals. We'd have to start beating everybody 3 or 4 - 0 for the rest of the season.

And for them to stop beating teams 5-0 or 6-0...
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:12 pm

gunngunn wrote:
Leody wrote:Our goal difference... you may as well add another point to their totals. We'd have to start beating everybody 3 or 4 - 0 for the rest of the season.

And for them to stop beating teams 5-0 or 6-0...

Haha, minor detail... :lol:
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby mg86 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:45 am

Leody wrote:I agree B_G, I don't think Wenger will buy... But I also don't think we'll win anything with Big Al or Flappy...

From what I know, Wenger is planning an £8m bid for AZ Alkmaar's keeper Sergio Romero. He is a good quality keeper out of Argentina.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Libertine » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:40 am

Having got the game won it was gutting to throw it away like that. :(
Last edited by Libertine on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:46 am

Gunflash wrote:You can't win the title without a quality keeper.

As United have shown over the last couple of years, you can win the league with a good keeper.

I would rate Almunia as adequate rather than good.

Can we become the first team to win the league with an adequate keeper?

I don't think it's over yet.......
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Q8 Gooner » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:15 am

Its certainly not over yet.. But it is very difficult now.. Its only 4 points of the top.. But only 6 games left as well..!! It was really painful to see this goal to end our title dream..!! Almunia is supposed to be one of the most experienced players in the team.. Manure must not win next weekend..!! A draw would be the best.. But a chelsea win is much better than a Manure win..!!
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:16 am

Just saw MOTD, missed it last night.

That goal is worse to watch every time. Ugh....
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cheese » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:34 am

I did come out of St Andrews feeling deflated, gutted, upset and down. Going one nil up, we really should have won. 2 points dropped yes! But after spending a whole night thinking about it, is a point away to Brmingham that bad? When i did the BBC predictor thing on there website i actually had this game down as a draw. United and Chelsea play next weekend and if they draw and we win we are one point behind again. It's far from over, and we can still win it. Come on guys lets not give up now... we've got this far lets battle untilthe very end.

Also a quick word on Almunia.. Yes the clown cost us two points in the last minute of the game yesterday. BUt let'snot forget at one point in the first half he kept us it it. So it's swings and roundabouts with this guy. I do agree we do need a better quality of keeper for first choice though.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Q8 Gooner » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:42 am

I agree Cheese.. But its hard not be down.. specially with the way the game has gone.. Being 1-0 up.. the Nasri 1 on 1.. The way and time we conceded the goal.. Certainly a point from St. Andrews is not bad.. Next weekend will tell us a lot.. If manure win.. I think its very difficult to stop them.. I personally still believe we can do it..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:09 am

Well said Ryan, Yesterday was a bit of a knee jerk from myself.
Not to forget Almunia has done some heroics to keep is in previous games as well as keeping 15 clean sheets including CL.
Statistically he is the 5th best keeper in the league, he is a good keeper but we need a better keeper.

There are alot of rumours doing the rounds about us going in for Alkmaars Sergio Romero & Lazio's Fernando Muslera.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Q8 Gooner » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:18 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Well said Ryan, Yesterday was a bit of a knee jerk from myself.
Not to forget Almunia has done some heroics to keep is in previous games as well as keeping 15 clean sheets including CL.
Statistically he is the 5th best keeper in the league, he is a good keeper but we need a better keeper.

There are alot of rumours doing the rounds about us going in for Alkmaars Sergio Romero & Lazio's Fernando Muslera.

statistics show nothing..!! He is not even in the top 10 in this league.. He deserves credit sometimes but only very few this season.. less than a one hand's fingers..!! Considering he plays for Arsenal and we r only 4 points off the top.. He should be in par statistically with Manure and chelski.. or at least close..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:06 am

oh come off it!!!

Not so long ago people on here were screaming for us to sign brad freidel! the same Keeper that let in not 1 goal but 7 against chelsea yesterday!

And that one finger your talking about which one is that could it possibly be the brilliant penalty save he made last week against the hammers? some people on here have short memories. and that is NOT aimed JUST at YOU!!

Im not claiming that manuel is the best keeper in the prem all i said was statistically does that mean i think he is the best> NO it does NOT!

Granted Almunia was the one that cost us the game yesterday but if you want to use someone as a scapegoat for us not lifting any silverware come May, then you need to be looking further afield than JUST ALMUNIA!

For gods sake Birmingham are no pushovers, they have got results against Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, man City & a host of other so called big teams!!!!
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10