Birmingham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 27/03/2010

Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 27/03/2010

Postby Q8 Gooner » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:52 am

I know they r no pushovers.. But his mistakes this season has been incredible for an Arsenal keeper.. He is a bad keeper.. Its obvious..!! Not only for the goals he concedes.. but he never fills u with confidence.. He is so shit in going out for high and long balls.. the only thing i have to give him is that he is impressive in penalties.. I have to say whenever we concede a penalty i have the confidence that he will save it.. Good keepers r worth 3-5 points a season.. Great keepers might be worth even more points.. bad keepers cost u a few points a season.. Where do u think Almunia stand..!!
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:15 pm

Poor performance. Hard to think of a player who actually played well yesterday apart from maybe Song and Clichy.
Denilson and Almunia were particularly poor. Apart from the goal Almunia also gave the ball away to a Brum player on the edge of the area!
I'm sorry but I am PRAYING that we don't play Song at CB and Denilson at DM against Barca because we'll get raped.

Denilson is a decent player but I'm sick of this 'square peg in a round hole' business. The kid is NOT a DM and he never will be. Forcing him to play there doesn't magically make him a DM.
Song is 42,000 times better at DM than Denilson and we need him there against Barca, fact.
Denilson simply doesn't have the strength to muscle people off the ball so unless he starts injecting himself with steroids he shouldn't be a DM.
(By the way, what the f**k was he doing having sex with that Brum player on the pitch??)

Our final ball and finishing were poor yesterday and we need to sharpen up fast.
Anyway despite all my ranting we knew before the game that we might drop points at Brum so we shouldn't be that surprised.
The other two will definitely drop points before the season's over so we'll see.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:18 pm

Q8 Gooner wrote:I know they r no pushovers.. But his mistakes this season has been incredible for an Arsenal keeper.. He is a bad keeper.. Its obvious..!! Not only for the goals he concedes.. but he never fills u with confidence.. He is so shit in going out for high and long balls.. the only thing i have to give him is that he is impressive in penalties.. I have to say whenever we concede a penalty i have the confidence that he will save it.. Good keepers r worth 3-5 points a season.. Great keepers might be worth even more points.. bad keepers cost u a few points a season.. Where do u think Almunia stand..!!

Almunia is a BAD keeper? There we are then you carry on believeing that.
He is not the best but to say he is bad is a knee jerk as far as im concerned.

You do realise Villa & Liverpool have a better defensive record than us? Yet where are they in the table...below us.

Other teams are worse off now is that all down to their respective keepers or contributed by errors made by their back 4's? As said Freidel conceeded 7 yesterday. Pepe reina is regarded as one of the best, yet he has conceeded MORE, and the only thing keeping him out of the Spanish squad is Casillas. What im saying is basically you cannot blame every goal conceeded this season to Almunia alone. He copst us 3pts yesterday but there have been times when the 3pts we have won have been down to him.

We both agree that we need a better keeper but on the most part we will have to agree to disagree....We could do alot worse.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:13 pm

I just woke up still feeling very "bleh" about yesterdays result. To lose 2 points like that is sickening despite a 1-1 draw ar St Andrews not being a bad result on it's own.

One thing that has had me thinking is that despite Almunias obvious calpability, how many times this season haas Arshavin either mishit or scuffed a shot? especially shots in good positions? Far too many for a player of his rep and it has cost us.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:29 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:I just woke up still feeling very "bleh" about yesterdays result. To lose 2 points like that is sickening despite a 1-1 draw ar St Andrews not being a bad result on it's own.

One thing that has had me thinking is that despite Almunias obvious calpability, how many times this season haas Arshavin either mishit or scuffed a shot? especially shots in good positions? Far too many for a player of his rep and it has cost us.

I agree. When Adebayor missed that many chances in a row for us he got his Adebarndoor nickname.
Hope Arsh doesn't end up with the same thing.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:31 pm

The chance was a bit difficult to hit, because as it came to him it was a bit too close too his wrong foot, so it was difficult, but he could have anticipated that and adjusted.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:37 pm

But he should be banging chances like those in all day long. He was so clinical last season, up until recently he was the guy you hoped would be on the end of em!

Better bloody sort himself out for Barca, we need to take every chance we get
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:43 pm

The Midfield General wrote:The chance was a bit difficult to hit, because as it came to him it was a bit too close too his wrong foot, so it was difficult, but he could have anticipated that and adjusted.

Sorry but I don't accept that.
He can score great goals with both feet as he demonstrated in the 4-4 game v Liverpool.
Very simply, he wasn't on his toes when the ball came to him which is very basic stuff.
Either that or he was caught in two minds as to whether to return the pass or strike. If so that's a mental issue which means he needs to sort that out.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:48 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
The Midfield General wrote:The chance was a bit difficult to hit, because as it came to him it was a bit too close too his wrong foot, so it was difficult, but he could have anticipated that and adjusted.

Sorry but I don't accept that.
He can score great goals with both feet as he demonstrated in the 4-4 game v Liverpool.
Very simply, he wasn't on his toes when the ball came to him which is very basic stuff.
Either that or he was caught in two minds as to whether to return the pass or strike. If so that's a mental issue which means he needs to sort that out.

Yeah, he wasn't on his toes, so he didn't adjust in time.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby cescpistol » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:12 pm

am i the only one who thinks we're a more attacking/hungry team when fabregas is not playing? as the captain when he felt he was a 100% he should have exited stage left and allowed someone else to take to the field. as for the goalie he's having to put up with alot of grief but he's had to put up with 2 hasbeens in the back 4 for too many games this season.
cescpistol
Michael Thomas

Postby Cheese » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:09 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:One thing that has had me thinking is that despite Almunias obvious calpability, how many times this season haas Arshavin either mishit or scuffed a shot? especially shots in good positions? Far too many for a player of his rep and it has cost us.

That's probably Almunia's fault aswell.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby IMF » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:19 pm

Almunia is not a good keeper but he's not sh*t. He's just mediocre. Anyone who thinks he's any better than mediocre seriously needs to take off the pink Almunia tinted glasses.

Arshavin is the laziest f*cker we have. Should've seen him warming up on the touch line... I've seen a tortoise move faster. And we were right in front of that chance he fluffed; he should've just passed back to Nik who I think was looking for a one two (not seen the highlights, I never want to re-live disappointments). But I pointed it out before; everyone, especially that prick Myles Palmer, needs to take off their Arshavin specs and see that he's missed some vital opportunities which have cost us points.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby Rockin' Robin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:25 pm

IMF wrote:Almunia is not a good keeper but he's not sh*t. He's just mediocre. Anyone who thinks he's any better than mediocre seriously needs to take off the pink Almunia tinted glasses.

Arshavin is the laziest f*cker we have. Should've seen him warming up on the touch line... I've seen a tortoise move faster. And we were right in front of that chance he fluffed; he should've just passed back to Nik who I think was looking for a one two (not seen the highlights, I never want to re-live disappointments). But I pointed it out before; everyone, especially that prick Myles Palmer, needs to take off their Arshavin specs and see that he's missed some vital opportunities which have cost us points.

People are naturally a bit slow to criticise him though, since he's scored so many vital goals for us.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:31 pm

IMF wrote:Almunia is not a good keeper but he's not sh*t. He's just mediocre. Anyone who thinks he's any better than mediocre seriously needs to take off the pink Almunia tinted glasses.

You can say that again

I think Almunia is a mid table keeper at best and a Championship keeper at worst. He's average with the odd absolute howler
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10