Hull City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 13/03/2010

Re: Hull City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 13/03/2010

Postby Libertine » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:01 pm

Another win. :)

This time of the season is all about results not performances.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:04 pm

Libertine wrote:Another win. :)

Too true, it's been said so many times about Manure that they're champions because they win even when they don't play well, and that's exactly what we've done tonight, and have done several times this season.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Forest » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:06 pm

The Midfield General wrote:
Libertine wrote:Another win. :)

Too true, it's been said so many times about Manure that they're champions because they win even when they don't play well, and that's exactly what we've done tonight, and have done several times this season.

yup just annoying that people like alan hansen will say we played poorly and didnt deserve to win but when man utd/chelsea do it that famous phrase comes out 'its the sign of champsions'
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:08 pm

The Midfield General wrote:Diaby seemed to have an off game, Nasri was quiet, Denilson was pretty lacklustre as usual but since it was him that actually shot which led up to our goal, I'll let him off.

I thought Diaby played well. Definitely the best of our midfield players
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:15 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
The Midfield General wrote:Diaby seemed to have an off game, Nasri was quiet, Denilson was pretty lacklustre as usual but since it was him that actually shot which led up to our goal, I'll let him off.

I thought Diaby played well. Definitely the best of our midfield players

Thought that too, he was a beast, just because we didn't see much of his attacking ability tonight doesn't mean he did shit...

He grafted, like everyone did and its a f***ing good result against a bogey team who got the rub of the green, a soft penalty and kicked lumps out of us for 90% of the game.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:19 pm

I was more than happy to see Diaby grafting and battling and tackling back today. We know he can attack, he doesn't need to prove that. What I feel he does have to prove is how he deals with the physical and defensive side of the game, so its great to see he is learning.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:36 pm

I am not concerned about the under-par performances. They were getting hacked to pieces and they saw a tackle on Sagna that could have been serious. I know they are trying to rise up against it all but the Nasri injury must still be on their minds and half of them were probably worried on some level that things could end up bad if they went full throttle with no care for how Hull were coming in.

The attack were holding back and being tentative but the defence weren't, probably because they were less likely to get in those situations. I think that had alot to do with the drop off in the second half although it wouldn't account for it completely.

They were subjected to one of the worst halves of scummery we have received so soon after the furore over how teams like to play us, I am sure the doubt that they would make it through unscaved had an effect.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:01 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:I am not concerned about the under-par performances. They were getting hacked to pieces and they saw a tackle on Sagna that could have been serious. I know they are trying to rise up against it all but the Nasri injury must still be on their minds and half of them were probably worried on some level that things could end up bad if they went full throttle with no care for how Hull were coming in.

The attack were holding back and being tentative but the defence weren't, probably because they were less likely to get in those situations. I think that had alot to do with the drop off in the second half although it wouldn't account for it completely.

They were subjected to one of the worst halves of scummery we have received so soon after the furore over how teams like to play us, I am sure the doubt that they would make it through unscaved had an effect.

I think two events helped us to overcome that physical battle, Boetang's sending off and Sol's tackle on Zayatte. The sending off meant that Hull realised they couldn't just kick us all game and Sol's tackle reminded both their players and our players that we don't have to just accept it, that sometimes the best way to beat a bully is to fight back!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Goose » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:28 pm

Sol murdered Zayette, similar to Shawcross' tackle on Ramsey, however Sol had his foot on the ground and got the ball.

Shawcross came in too high and just got the man.
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Leody » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:32 pm

That wasn't anything close to Shawcross on Ramsey...

Sol was on the ground and clearly won the ball. Shawcross was still standing and contacted nothing but leg. If you watch the Sol tackle again Zayette is late and actually kicks Sol's leg after the ball is gone. And I'm not sure but I think that's what caused the injury. Zayette's looked to be his foot that was hurt. Probably nothing more than a bad knock.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:33 pm

Goose wrote:Sol murdered Zayette, similar to Shawcross' tackle on Ramsey, however Sol had his foot on the ground and got the ball.

Shawcross came in too high and just got the man.

I don't see how they are anything alike?

Sol's, was a perfectly timed, hard, low, sliding tackle.

Shawcross was standing, moving a hell of a lot faster and hit Ramsey's planted foot.

Please don't compare them, Sol couldn't have broken a leg with that tackle even if he had gone over the ball.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Artemis8 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:42 pm

Overjoyed at that result. I was also quite surprise Phill Brown was big enough to come shake Wengers hand, took some guts and i give him some brownie points for that. Arshavin shooting today was p!ss poor imho....

Its gonna happen, im getting goose bumps we gonna win the tittle..
Artemis8

Postby Leody » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:55 pm

Youngie wrote:Overjoyed at that result. I was also quite surprise Phill Brown was big enough to come shake Wengers hand, took some guts and i give him some brownie points for that. Arshavin shooting today was p!ss poor imho....

Its gonna happen, im getting goose bumps we gonna win the tittle..

Long way to go yet... LOOOONNNNGGGGGG way...

Arsh was really rather poor other than his goal, which was really quite brilliant honestly. To stay with the ball after it ticked off the defender's heel...

The rest of his play was not very good. Cutting a ball back across the box when he has a shooting opportunity from 6 yards out, launching one out of the stadium with a half open goal... :dizzy:
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goose » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:55 pm

They were similar.

If you read what I said, you will see that I said Sol came in low and won the ball with his foot on the ground.

Whereas Ryan came in high and hit Ramsey below the knee.

Sol showed the right way to do it
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Leody » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:57 pm

Yeah, they were similar in the fact that they were both tackles... like a Ford Pinto and a Lamborghini Gallardo are similar in the fact that they are both cars. :lol:
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10