Arsenal Vs Porto | Champions League 09/03/2010

Re: Arsenal Vs Porto | Champions League 09/03/2010

Postby maslo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:19 pm

Just got in from the pub and what a great performance, all my fears were gone in the opening few minutes, we looked so up for it and it was clear arshavin had decided to turn up, his close control for the second goal was class.
Nasris run and finish were sublime and eboues was great too brilliant break great composure and lovely pass from arshavin. Its funny how good he is when hes played in his favoured position.

defence was pretty sounds apart from clichy being abit over zealous a couple of times, but for the most part their strikers didnt get a look in.

wonderful performances all round with Nasri and Arshavin standing out and as for Bendy, a hattrick is a hatrick and he has proved his critics wrong great stuff.

so pleased and the lads look so together another huddle after the game.

arsene was saying he wouldnt mind gettin an english club to prove we can play them but im hoping for an good draw.
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby djaxster » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:30 pm

Great game and well played by all of the Arse.
Arsh,nasri and my man Bendy were class
LOved the way Bendy didn't understand about hatrick and keeping the ball
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goose » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:33 pm

B52 dropped some bombs tonight!
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:45 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Graham Souness also said Bendy would get a hatrick before the game so he deserves a beer or two.

Thought he said that at half time by which time Bendy was already on 2? didnt hear it in the pre match chats. :dontknow:

Anywaaaaay! WHAT A NIGHT!
Was happy for Bendy that he turned around his lack of finishing from the weekend! although i was a bit bemused that he didnt understand the match ball bit, surely we have had players score hatricks since he made it to the 1st team! C'mon wake up Nik! :rofll:

Great goals & a nice pen from Bendtner though, fair play to the lad, absolutely loved Eboue's goal, as i said on the replay....ching ching dink! PMSL! And WOW hows about that for Nasri!? what a goal! Maybe now he'll get his scoring boots on, worked his socks off tonight as did the rest of the team.
Loved the huddle at the end, so reminded me of the invincibles season, and it was good that we played so well without Cesc, Keep it up lads! :pray:

Great all round performance and weyhyey Quarter Finals here we come!
Happy Days!
:arse fan: :arsenal3: :arse fan: :arsenal3: :arse fan: :arsenal3: :arse fan:

Briggsy, Quarter final draw is a week Friday, on 19th March, 11am (12.00hrs CET)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:53 pm

Been watching the game on tape delay so I didn't want to visit this thread. First 20 minutes we were absolutely unstoppable, Porto were chasing shadows and seemed absolutely clueless. Latter half the same defensive frailties popped up again but nothing far too dangerous.
2-0 up we seemed to take our foot off the pedal and Porto came out storming in the 2nd half. It was serios twitchy bum time for a while but an absolutely stunning display of close control by Nasri, and a lightning fast break by Arshavin and Maraboue put the tie beyond doubt.
Bendy getting his 1st ever pro hat trick after missing a barrel of sitters against Burnley was the icing on the cake.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby northerngooner83 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:54 pm

Have you ever seen two more contrasting performances in such a short space of time??

Shocking on Saturday, fantastic tonight, all we need now is for him to add a bit of consistency to his game. He has set his standard now.

I always fancied us to progress though(and had backed us to do so), Porto seem to struggle away from home, didn't see five goals coming though!
Last edited by northerngooner83 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northerngooner83
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:00 am

Yeah he was dreadful Saturday but he's still young. He'll never be what you call a world class finisher (at least I don't think he will) but people should give him time.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:03 am

mgilbert86 wrote:
gunngunn wrote:I predicted the result, therefore i am responsible.

Seriously, you called 5-0?

Check the predictions thread mate.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:07 am

Nice one on that gunngunn. :clap:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:13 am

gunngunn wrote:
mgilbert86 wrote:

Even a blind man can hit water if he falls out of a boat. :smartass:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:31 am

Fabrestuta wrote:
gunngunn wrote:
mgilbert86 wrote:

Even a blind man can hit water if he falls out of a boat. :smartass:

Get the f**k out :sneaky:
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooner-geeza » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:47 am

We played well tonight... but our defensive part was not Impressive... a bit Sticky at times... We do need this consistency until the rest of the season, as alot of Critics of our lads not doing well at all... but NOW! It's hitting them back hahaaa.

Good win Gunners and well done to bendy... About blooming time for his awaiting Hat-trick :arse fan: :1990_dancing.gif: :clap: :clap: :arsenal3: :arsenal3: :arsenal3: :arsenal3:
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gooner90 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:08 am

i do find it funny how they were mixing what they were saying after the game they were trying to take away our good performance by saying porto didnt show up... then saying well lets not take it away from arsenal, i agree with what souness says most the time but he was saying nasris goal look at the defenders you dont get that in the prem but look at henrys goal vs lpool years back when he side stepped 2 and ran through them, sometimes a player can do something great like that and get round everyone
gooner90
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:57 am

gooner90 wrote:i do find it funny how they were mixing what they were saying after the game they were trying to take away our good performance by saying porto didnt show up... then saying well lets not take it away from arsenal, i agree with what souness says most the time but he was saying nasris goal look at the defenders you dont get that in the prem but look at henrys goal vs lpool years back when he side stepped 2 and ran through them, sometimes a player can do something great like that and get round everyone

If it was Gerrard or Rooney pundits would have literally taken out their knobs and wanked on the spot. Fair play to Andy Gray, at least he gives credit where credit is due.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Q8 Gooner » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:19 am

starmandb wrote:worse than that,somebody said why could,nt ramseys injury have happened to bendtner.
my question is why don,t these idiots do us a favour and f**k off to barcelona.
instead of believing they are doing arsenal a favour by firing up there laptops and watching us.no fan would ever wish injury on a player let alone one of our own

This reminds me of a guy who was sitting in the row below me at this season's game against Olympiacos.. It was 0-0 till the two late goals.. So from the kick of till the second goal all he could do is moan about how useless Arshavin is and shout abuses at our players..!! Its really sad when i see these people at games.. F**king get behind the team instead..

Any way.. Great performance yesterday.. The players handled the game very well.. I really loved the 4th goal.. Brought back the great memories of the PIres / Freddie / Henry combination..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10