Arsenal Vs Burnley | Premiership 06/03/2010

Re: Arsenal Vs Burnley | Premiership 06/03/2010

Postby Swan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:15 pm

mel4 wrote:
Swan wrote:
mel4 wrote:
Swan wrote:anyone notice how quick arshavin was down the tunnel, he didn;t stay on the pitch and congrats the rest of the team on the win like everyone eles.. why is that..

He does that so often... :naughty:

i never noticed before maybe because i'm busy jumping around the house.. why is he like that is he not happy at the arsenal

I have noticed but as far as we win, it don't matter.

...and yeah, he hardly passes the ball to Nasri when Nasri is having the simplest of chances to bury the game. Man U match confirmed it.

..but lets win thats all that matters.

Bendtner is no where near unlucky. He likes making things hard for himself. :dontknow:

like to give himself a challage..lol
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Popey » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:18 pm

I only saw the last 35min: from what I saw we created many chances, played well but couldn't score enough goals.It wasn't just nic who missed chances. great goal by theo. I'm really happy for him. that will give him confidence back.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Briggsy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:04 pm

We should of won 9-1 Theo certainly showed Twaddle how to play football! Immense today thats what he can do!
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:23 pm

How long ago was it that Arsene said Theo would be back in the goals in 6 weeks? I reckon it was about 6 weeks. :P

I was at the game (met Kevin Whitcher before it and my dad introduced me as the lad who wrote him the article for the Online Gooner, he said "Write more!") and I went absolutely mental when Theo scored especially.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Gunflash » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:46 pm

We should have routed Burnley and that would have boosted our goal difference. But three points are welcome. We've just got to keep winning our games and hope the others drop points. Walcott was excellent today. He looked confident and was pulling strings all game long. Bendtner was absolutely horrific. His profligacy put us under pressure because at 2-1, Burnley were still in it. It was important to win the game after Ramsey's injury because we all remember what happened after Eduardo had his leg broken.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:15 am

Good game today, I was never worried that we'd drop points even when they equalised as we were always the better team by far.
Having said that, I was a bit nervous towards the end when we were only 2-1 up with 15 minutes to go, especially with Tweety at CB but he had a decent game and was fairly solid throughout.
We dominated the game and should've won about 7-1 but Bendy had a mare.
I actually started to feel sorry for him after a while, it was getting a bit ridiculous.

Interesting to note a major difference between the fans today and the fans about a year ago who booed him and screamed abuse at him.
Today the fans sung his name even after the missed chances and clapped him off the pitch when he was subbed.
Before this game he had 3 goals in 3 games (including international) so he was doing pretty well but I think Burnley are becoming a bogey team for him.
Ever since that CC game last season when he couldn't convert all those one-on-one chances he's been mentally scarred by it! I was actually praying that Jensen would go off when he got injured!

Nasri was great today and worked really hard and Eboue was excellent again.
Theo was superb as well, a totally different performance from the one on Wednesday and a great goal to boot. I'd love to know what his goal celebration was all about....?
Denilson was poor again but it was his first game back after injury so I'll cut him some slack for now....

The crowd actually made some noise today which was nice....
:thumbsup:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Galls » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:51 am

Very impressed with what I've seen of the game (highlights only)
Felt really sorry for Bendtner but am very pleased with the crowd's reaction to him and the fact that they didn't boo him. I actually like Bendtner and i feel he's come on a lot in the last season in particular in terms of his workrate etc. Can never fault him for tracking back and trying to correct mistakes he makes etc. Just wish he'd get some shooting practice!

Think Theo did enough to silence the critics though having said that they'll probably find something else to moan about him for. Felt he overreacted to the challenge by Fox (I think?) though given the events of last weekend i can see why he was upset. Nothing wrong with the challenge though.

Fingers crossed Fab's injury will be fine after a couple of days rest. We could do with him on Tuesday really.

Also - and I only got one look at this so not sure exactly what happened - but in the incident with Nasri and Jenson am I right in thinking there was contact with Nasri from the defender before he collided with the keeper? Obviously I'm not trying to look for pens where there isn't one but I did only get one look and felt he was brought down - or at least *leaned* into. Couldn't see any other reason for him to go down.

Overall impressed we didn't collapse as so often happpens especially after dominating only to concede an equaliser. They didn't half make tough work of winning the game tho!
Galls
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Q8 Gooner » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:44 am

Other than the points.. The best thing of the game was Theo's performance.. He really needs to start somewhere and it was an excellent way to start.. I also wonder what his goal celebrations was about?!
Bendy needs to get his act together.. We won't be getting away missing all these chances against Porto.. Hope Fabregas will be fit..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ozgooner » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:48 am

theo was immense , eboue and nasri played really well too . hope fab won't be out too long

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:31 am

Inchpractice wrote:Good game today, I was never worried that we'd drop points even when they equalised as we were always the better team by far.
Having said that, I was a bit nervous towards the end when we were only 2-1 up with 15 minutes to go, especially with Tweety at CB but he had a decent game and was fairly solid throughout.
We dominated the game and should've won about 7-1 but Bendy had a mare.
I actually started to feel sorry for him after a while, it was getting a bit ridiculous.

Interesting to note a major difference between the fans today and the fans about a year ago who booed him and screamed abuse at him.
Today the fans sung his name even after the missed chances and clapped him off the pitch when he was subbed.
Before this game he had 3 goals in 3 games (including international) so he was doing pretty well but I think Burnley are becoming a bogey team for him.
Ever since that CC game last season when he couldn't convert all those one-on-one chances he's been mentally scarred by it! I was actually praying that Jensen would go off when he got injured!

Nasri was great today and worked really hard and Eboue was excellent again.
Theo was superb as well, a totally different performance from the one on Wednesday and a great goal to boot. I'd love to know what his goal celebration was all about....?
Denilson was poor again but it was his first game back after injury so I'll cut him some slack for now....

The crowd actually made some noise today which was nice....
:thumbsup:

Top post.

I'm no expert at lip reading, but I'm sure Theo said "What time is it?" while pointing to his wrist. The guy he went to - not sure who it was to be honest - got out his watch and showed him, or just as part of the celebration, so my dad reckons they had a bet on the time of a goal or something.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Q8 Gooner » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:40 am

The Midfield General wrote:I'm no expert at lip reading, but I'm sure Theo said "What time is it?" while pointing to his wrist. The guy he went to - not sure who it was to be honest - got out his watch and showed him, or just as part of the celebration, so my dad reckons they had a bet on the time of a goal or something.

It has to be something to do with time.. I think he was saying What time is it as well.. But don't know what was it about
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Libertine » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:44 am

Enjoyable game, i always thought we were well in control.

Unlike others, i wasn't overly impressed by Nasri yesterday.
Thought he did ok but no more than that.

Great goal by Walcott, it should do wonders for his confidence.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:58 am

Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:47 am

Q8 Gooner wrote:
The Midfield General wrote:I'm no expert at lip reading, but I'm sure Theo said "What time is it?" while pointing to his wrist. The guy he went to - not sure who it was to be honest - got out his watch and showed him, or just as part of the celebration, so my dad reckons they had a bet on the time of a goal or something.

It has to be something to do with time.. I think he was saying What time is it as well.. But don't know what was it about

This is a very long shot I know, but when I watched the England match on TV the commentators were going on about how Theo has to prove himself in this game blah blah blah, and after he came off the camera fixed on him sitting on the bench and the commentator said "Time is running out for Theo Walcott".
I found that very irritating, maybe he did too....?
:dontknow:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby rvp97 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:55 am

I agree with inchpractice i found that quite irritating so i think he did too
rvp97

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10