Arsenal Vs Burnley | Premiership 06/03/2010

Re: Arsenal Vs Burnley | Premiership 06/03/2010

Postby Q8 Gooner » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:57 am

aha.. Maybe.. I would love it if that was it.. the moment he scored i though a celebration that could hit back at the critics..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Libertine » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:05 am

Swan wrote:anyone notice how quick arshavin was down the tunnel, he didn;t stay on the pitch and congrats the rest of the team on the win like everyone eles.. why is that..

he needed a wee
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:35 am

Inchpractice wrote:Good game today, I was never worried that we'd drop points even when they equalised as we were always the better team by far.
Having said that, I was a bit nervous towards the end when we were only 2-1 up with 15 minutes to go, especially with Tweety at CB but he had a decent game and was fairly solid throughout.
We dominated the game and should've won about 7-1 but Bendy had a mare.
I actually started to feel sorry for him after a while, it was getting a bit ridiculous.

Interesting to note a major difference between the fans today and the fans about a year ago who booed him and screamed abuse at him.
Today the fans sung his name even after the missed chances and clapped him off the pitch when he was subbed.
Before this game he had 3 goals in 3 games (including international) so he was doing pretty well but I think Burnley are becoming a bogey team for him.
Ever since that CC game last season when he couldn't convert all those one-on-one chances he's been mentally scarred by it! I was actually praying that Jensen would go off when he got injured!

Nasri was great today and worked really hard and Eboue was excellent again.
Theo was superb as well, a totally different performance from the one on Wednesday and a great goal to boot. I'd love to know what his goal celebration was all about....?
Denilson was poor again but it was his first game back after injury so I'll cut him some slack for now....

The crowd actually made some noise today which was nice....
:thumbsup:

Good account, agree with most of it, but thought Nasri was ok, work rate was good but that about it.
Cant belive Bendy missed out on so many chances, should have won by a much bigger margin, and could have closed up the goal difference gap between us the mancs & chavs.
Still 3pts in the bag, Theo scoring will be a great boost for him.

We're still in it!
:arsenal3:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Boltonboris » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:03 pm

What the hell did Walcott think he was doing when he was tackled superbly and legitimately by that Fox lad? Maybe Wenger has instructed your players to have this kind of reaction everytime a player goes to ground? Do you not think he should have been booked? I can't believe the ref even gave you the Free-kick!!
Boltonboris
Michael Thomas

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:31 pm

Boltonboris wrote:What the hell did Walcott think he was doing when he was tackled superbly and legitimately by that Fox lad? Maybe Wenger has instructed your players to have this kind of reaction everytime a player goes to ground? Do you not think he should have been booked? I can't believe the ref even gave you the Free-kick!!

It was a slight overreaction by Theo but under the circumstances I think anyone in our squad is entitled to be a bit jumpy for the next few games. I know I would be.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Boltonboris » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:40 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Boltonboris wrote:What the hell did Walcott think he was doing when he was tackled superbly and legitimately by that Fox lad? Maybe Wenger has instructed your players to have this kind of reaction everytime a player goes to ground? Do you not think he should have been booked? I can't believe the ref even gave you the Free-kick!!

It was a slight overreaction by Theo but under the circumstances I think anyone in our squad is entitled to be a bit jumpy for the next few games. I know I would be.

I can understand the emotion, but I bet the gaffer didn't put him in check? Would another teams player have gotten the freekick or escaped a booking?

Refs were a little emotional this weekend, this and the Birmingham 'goal' in which the ref was caught up in the occasion... Good old Pompey, getting to Wembley in the face of adversity, who'd begrudge them that? Brummies I bet
Boltonboris
Michael Thomas

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:44 pm

Boltonboris wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

I can understand the emotion, but I bet the gaffer didn't put him in check? Would another teams player have gotten the freekick or escaped a booking?

What do you want the gaffer to do, shout at him for overreacting? Give me a break.
As for the ref, if he was oversensitive to high speed sliding tackles then take it up with him.
I'd rather the refs were overprotective than the opposite.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Libertine wrote:
Swan wrote:anyone notice how quick arshavin was down the tunnel, he didn;t stay on the pitch and congrats the rest of the team on the win like everyone eles.. why is that..

he needed a wee

Thanks you just made me spit my coffee all over the laptop....
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Boltonboris » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:23 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Boltonboris wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

What do you want the gaffer to do, shout at him for overreacting? Give me a break.
As for the ref, if he was oversensitive to high speed sliding tackles then take it up with him.
I'd rather the refs were overprotective than the opposite.

Not shout, just a word in his ear, his overreacting could potentially have left you with 10 men, Imagine if Eboue was playing for Burnley? He'd have gotten Theo sent off
Boltonboris
Michael Thomas

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Boltonboris wrote:Not shout, just a word in his ear, his overreacting could potentially have left you with 10 men, Imagine if Eboue was playing for Burnley? He'd have gotten Theo sent off

How do you know he didn't have a word?

I'll ignore the Eboue remark this time, but continue on the wind-up and you'll end up getting yourself banned.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Goose » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:29 pm

You dont get sent off for overreacting

What about Tevez and Terry?

Neither of them got a card for overracting
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby SE13 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:31 pm

Nor Rooney and Gerrard.......

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Massa » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:32 pm

I think Bridge should have been sent off for not shaking Terry's hand.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Goose » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:38 pm

Massa wrote:I think Bridge should have been sent off for not shaking Terry's hand.

Why?

Since when has it been a sending off offence?
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:41 pm

I think that was a joke Goose!

:grin:
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext