Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Premiership 10/02/10

Postby Goose » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:06 pm

All of the sudden the commentators saying Arsenal are back in the race, lol
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby ozgooner » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:07 pm

had live score updates on from 6am this mornin on me computer at work . great results all round hey !!! if the mancs lost it would've been perfect .... but oh well todays outcomes will do me nicely ;)
will watch the replay this arvo when i get home :arsenal3:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:07 pm

ewalborn15 wrote:SE, you think the great support helped push the gang to victory? I know we've talked about this before and this was the first game I actually felt like a good home presence was felt in a long time.

To be honest, it's the first time I've heard the crowd inspire the team in years, rather the team inspiring the crowd.

That said, there isn't a lot of love lost between us and the bin dippers.......

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Rockin' Robin » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:10 pm

On the Cesc handball, it wasn't as clear cut as you'd think since it sort of struck both hand and head. I doubt a ball travelling that fast would be stopped in its tracks by a hand.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:12 pm

I was really disappointed with Bendtner. I have always rated him, even when he was being booed by some fans. I was hoping he'd come in and be brilliant, he just seemed to be a class below everyone else. Hopefully he is still coming back to full fitness and we will still see him get back to his best. He could do with a goal or two to build his confidence, so could Theo.

Still, brilliant result, 1-0 to the Arsenal! :arse flag.gif:
Last edited by Arsenal Tone on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby SE13 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:13 pm

The Midfield General wrote:On the Cesc handball, it wasn't as clear cut as you'd think since it sort of struck both hand and head. I doubt a ball travelling that fast would be stopped in its tracks by a hand.

It wasn't deliberate. The hand was up ages before the ball arrived, besides which it was outside the box.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:15 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:I was really disappointed with Bendtner. I have always rated him, even when he was being booed by some fans. I was hoping he'd come in and be brilliant, he just seemed to be a class below everyone else.

I'm guessing you are posting in the wrong match thread....????

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:15 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:I was really disappointed with Bendtner. I have always rated him, even when he was being booed by some fans. I was hoping he'd come in and be brilliant, he just seemed to be a class below everyone else. Hopefully he is still coming back to full fitness and we will still see him get back to his best. He could do with a goal or two to build his confidence, so could Theo.

Why would you expect him to be anything more than he is? Did you buy into the Bendtner is our saviour Wenger spin?

Anyway I think he did a good job tonight. He was pants going forward and took a dive but his workrate kept their CB's honest and he was a handful in the air at times
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby dunkdafunk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:21 pm

SE13 wrote:
The Midfield General wrote:On the Cesc handball, it wasn't as clear cut as you'd think since it sort of struck both hand and head. I doubt a ball travelling that fast would be stopped in its tracks by a hand.

It wasn't deliberate. The hand was up ages before the ball arrived, besides which it was outside the box.

cesc's foot was on the line, which means in the box.

The highest your hand should be is to cover your face. But even then I'v seen penalties given.

L'pool didnt deserve it. Considdering how easily the players were going down.

The free kick could easily have been prevented if Theo had held up the ball in the far corner, instead of passing it to the opposition keeper.
One or 2 trow in, even a goal kick would take up more time than a feeble cross into an empty box.
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby dunkdafunk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:24 pm

bendtner will never be brilliant. If you hope he comes in after an injury to be brilliant, you are always going to be dissapointed.

The most you can expect from this type of player is to hassle the CBs by winning his fair share of arial balls, and holding the ball up long enough to feed the reinforcements.
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:27 pm

I still think there is more to come from Bendtner. The remainder of this season will be his chance to try to earn a first team place.

I suppose it is a fair comment whoever said I bought into Wenger's spin - of all people you'd think I'd see through that.

I just want Bendtner to be good, he is one of my favourite players at the club and I really want him to turn out to be a top player.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby castano » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:28 pm

Cant wait to hear the professor speak about title race now
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Rockin' Robin » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Sadly, Arshavin is slowly becoming less of my 2nd favourite player every time he plays.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:34 pm

The Midfield General wrote:Sadly, Arshavin is slowly becoming less of my 2nd favourite player every time he plays.

I though he was OK today, got stuck in, won the ball well. He might not have done so well going forward but outmuscling Carragher put him higher in my estimation!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:42 pm

Que? Bendtner was beastly today!