Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Premiership 10/02/10

Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Premiership 10/02/10

Postby IMF » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:43 pm

What?? Lay off Bendtner. He put in a brilliant shift tonight you bloody 98ers. Everytime we looked like scoring; he was involved.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby Briggsy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:54 pm

The Defence looked tighter today and restricted Liverpool to long range shots Eboue showed why I think he should play. Gallas made the tackle of the Season! Almunia made a great save from Babel! Bendtner despite being slated on here for no good reason played excellent today in the end Carragher had enough and had to be replaced finally DML nuff said
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:25 am

CynicalGooner wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:I was really disappointed with Bendtner. I have always rated him, even when he was being booed by some fans. I was hoping he'd come in and be brilliant, he just seemed to be a class below everyone else. Hopefully he is still coming back to full fitness and we will still see him get back to his best. He could do with a goal or two to build his confidence, so could Theo.

Why would you expect him to be anything more than he is? Did you buy into the Bendtner is our saviour Wenger spin?

Wenger never said that, he only said that there's no point in buying a striker if Bendy recovers in the next few weeks. He took longer to recover but still... no-one said he'd be our saviour.
Anyway he is nowhere NEAR match fit but we had no choice to play him.
He wasn't that dreadful imo, played his part in the goal.
---------------------

SuperDiaby strikes again!

:1990_dancing.gif:

What a game he had by the way, I was just saying how well he was playing and then to top it all off he scored the winner.

:clap: :clap:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby IMF » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:27 am

It's my fault that we didn't win the last 3 games...

Smooth put a Diaby Match Attax card in front of my telly once and someone must have moved it! I realised before leaving to go to the game and put the card back in front of the tv... like a shrine to pray to.

I've not been at mine much recently so I suspect someone may have moved it 3 games ago...

But now it's back. So Diaby will push us forward.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby Goose » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:35 am

Lol@IMF being a Diaby lover

Everyone season you need 1 or 2 players to step and drag the team over the finish, that person is Diaby

DML DML DML!
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby gooner90 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:28 am

glad to see him finally getting his chance this season and grabbing it by the ballacks... atmosphere didnt seem quite what it should tonight maybe it was where I was sitting or becuase everyone was freezing their tits off,nobody wanted to stand either which actually kept me warmer!
gooner90
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby mg86 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:40 am

Goose wrote:
ewalborn15 wrote:You really study body language Goose? or you just sh*tting with us?

Ive done two NLP courses, its all about psychology and body language

When he was replying, he looked down and to the left, this is the meaning

That's not weird at all to study body language. Learning body language gives you power over others and is very interesting. Fist pound to Goose.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby SE13 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:05 am

Looking back, a fairly satisfactory night really. Most notably another three points clear of Middlesex. St. Totteringhams Day moves a touch further forward.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby gooneritis » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:31 am

great result and a hard working performance.

great to see diaby continuing to get better, he completely ran the midfield, shat over gerrard and pissed in the face of all those who so disgracefully slated him in the past with death threats etc.

gerrard the diving c*** bin dipper having the cheek to surround the referee over the handball at the end was a joke, given the c*** dived to get the freekick in the first place, karma is a bitch.

just great to get back to winning and now be 8 points clear of the northern filth.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:41 am

Don't get some of the criticism for the Bomber, i thought he was f***ing outstanding, he created so much space and got into some great positions, he should have done better, but he was clearly shaking off the rust and wasn't match fit, but in every single attack, he was involved in it and played a pivotal role in the goal we scored.

His first touch seems to have improved as well, which is good news.

Not expecting the World from him, but as soon as he gets a goal under his belt, i reckon in this kind of formation he will be absolutely banging them in, especially if AW continues to play him up front as the spearhead.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:41 am

gooneritis wrote:great result and a hard working performance.

great to see diaby continuing to get better, he completely ran the midfield, shat over gerrard and pissed in the face of all those who so disgracefully slated him in the past with death threats etc.

gerrard the diving **** bin dipper having the cheek to surround the referee over the handball at the end was a joke, given the **** dived to get the freekick in the first place, karma is a bitch.

just great to get back to winning and now be 8 points clear of the northern filth.

All of that is true.
Gerrard is such a massive diver and he doesn't get anywhere near enough stick for it. Conaldo had a reputation for it but Gerrard deserves to have one too but doesn't because he's English. :rolleyes:
Both Rooney and Gerrard are major divers but that just gets glossed over by the media...
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockin' Robin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:40 pm

That effort from Arshavin when he cut in from the left and hit it from the tightest of angles was so close, if it had gone in it would've been the goal of the season.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Rockin' Robin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Hmmm, hasn't appeared on any highlight reels I can find. :think:

His dribble when Rosicky mucked up was quality as well, he needs to do these things more often in matches.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Myrmedus » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:38 pm

gunngunn wrote:Don't get some of the criticism for the Bomber, i thought he was f***ing outstanding, he created so much space and got into some great positions, he should have done better, but he was clearly shaking off the rust and wasn't match fit, but in every single attack, he was involved in it and played a pivotal role in the goal we scored.

His first touch seems to have improved as well, which is good news.

Not expecting the World from him, but as soon as he gets a goal under his belt, i reckon in this kind of formation he will be absolutely banging them in, especially if AW continues to play him up front as the spearhead.

Indeed...besides, his contribution to the team is more than is obvious. If you play 4-3-3 having a central attacker that can hold the ball up and/or win it in the air is invaluable because it gives balance to the team, something we've been clearly lacking in games without him in the line-up. Add to that another possibility of attack (ie. Plan B) and I'd go as far as to say that without a genius like Van Persie available you pretty much NEED a player of Bendt's stature to lead the line in such a formation.

Was an impressive result overall especially considering how Liverpool played (11 players behind the ball), thought we squandered a little too much up front but could've been down to all the pressure. At times we still pushed too many players forward but at least there was some restraint - as much as I love attacking football I'd much rather see Arsenal win 1-0 than 3-2.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10